Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-01-2016, 05:27 PM

3,423 posts, read 4,371,425 times

Advertisements

The pickings get slim as you get older. When you're young and single, it's easy... half the people your own age are also single. Go to any bar or nightclub, there are tons of attractive, promising, optimistic, life-loving singles to meet and date.

Once you're past 40, it's a very different world. Most people have been through at least one busted long-term relationship, often a handful of them. There's several layers of bad experiences and cynicism to try to peel back, and in a lot of cases, you'll date someone and that hard shell will stay impenetrable.

There are kids and step-kids to juggle. Schedules are very tight. Plans are often made at the last minute (or unmade at the last minute). Money is also very tight. No more wining and dining. It's suddenly all 2-for-1 deals and free no-admission events, etc. Less romantic and fun.

There are still good ones out there, it's just a lot tougher to find them. Many people still want to date and meet someone. Settling down permanently isn't a consideration for some people after they've raised their kids and paid the mortgage, though. Depends upon the person.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-03-2016, 10:13 AM

8,011 posts, read 8,214,097 times
Mod cut: Orphaned (quoted post has been deleted).

OP, Many people still have an interest in dating no matter how old they are. Some people however either after breaking off a long term relationship or becoming a widow after their spouse of a long time dies sort of retire from the dating game.

Last edited by PJSaturn; 03-04-2016 at 12:48 PM..

Old 03-09-2016, 11:27 AM

29,391 posts, read 55,618,997 times
I'm now interested in a woman that is 17 years older then me. She is 72 and I'm 55. One thing I like about her is her big blue eyes. I love women with big blue or green eyes.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships