Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-08-2016, 06:03 PM

2,249 posts, read 2,824,885 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chowhound View Post
Too many double negatives here. Are you saying that the gay/bi crowd does or doesn't expect quick sex. Not following you here.
Sorry that was a typo! They DO expect quick sex.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-08-2016, 06:26 PM

Guy D: Now he is the one that cut me off. We first started talking on Thursday, but really started talking on Friday. He wanted to meet me on Saturday, but I told him I already had plans (the truth). I told him that it would be better to meet next weekend, as this weekend was pretty packed, that I could do the following Friday, Saturday or Sunday. He said he wanted to meet during the week that waiting a week is too long. I told him the weekdays are also tough for me because I work in PR, we have a online commercial rolling out this week and my weeknight schedule can be very unpredictable. So he continued to push for the weeknights, and I hesitantly agreed to Monday (yesterday) to meet. Before I got out of work, my mom called me she needed me over because a pipe busted in her house, and she needed my help, so I rescheduled with him for today (Tuesday). Low and behold a deadline has been put on me and I have to work tonight since they made some major changes to the commercial and will probably have to work til 11pm. So I told him the situation, apologized that I had to reschedule again and I said we should just plan for this weekend, because my weeknights are pretty shot. I gave him options for Friday, Saturday and Sunday.

It bothered him and he told me he is going to move on because I am too complicated to schedule and he didn't want to reschedule a third time. Now I completely understand from his perspective that its seems flaky and fishy, but I did warn him that weeknights are not good for me and I gave him ample alternative dates. Also, what I noticed about Guy C and Guy D, is they also want to move a little too fast. Guy C wanted to meet the next day, after less than 24 hours of meeting online and then before I even ever met him he wanted me to hang out with him and his friends at a bar. I felt like it was a bit pushy.

Guy D also similar. Less than 24 hours of talking and meeting each other online he wanted to meet the next day. What they both have in common though is that if you don't have a wide open schedule for them it seems to bother them. It's not that I am not trying, I give them ample options, but sorry if it's my best friend's 30th bday (who I have known since I was 7) vs. my second date with you, I am gonna pick my best friend. And the thing is if I say I can't do one day for our date I give them like 3-4 other dates that I CAN! It's not like I say "Sorry it's my friends bday" and then just drop out. I give them other options for dates to meet. It seems like both Guy C and Guy D want me to drop everything for them, yet we barely know each other. I'll drop important plans with other people once I get to Date #3 with you. But if we are on date #1, I am sorry my family and friends come first and if you don't get that you won't ever get me then. They are a little too intense methinks.

Old 03-08-2016, 06:35 PM

30,902 posts, read 33,008,032 times
^ I have to be honest, UC...if I'd received that kind of runaround I'd cut the person off too. It would seem either like a lot of game-playing, or like he wasn't into me in the slightest.

And can I be yet a bit more honest? You DO seem complicated. You seem to really obsess over each and every interaction, much less date. Can't you just relax, enjoy the process and go out when you can, and otherwise, "Sorry, no, weekends are better, call me when you're free some weekend"?

Dating is supposed to be fun. If it isn't fun you don't go out on the date. End of story, no need to analyze every interaction. You both feel it, or you don't. Something feels "off," you don't go.

Old 03-08-2016, 06:41 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by JerZ View Post
^ I have to be honest, UC...if I'd received that kind of runaround I'd cut the person off too. It would seem either like a lot of game-playing, or like he wasn't into me in the slightest.

And can I be honest? You DO seem complicated. You seem to really obsess over each and every interaction, much less date. Can't you just relax, enjoy the process and go out when you can, and otherwise, "Sorry, no, weekends are better, call me when you're free some weekend"?
Thanks for the feedback and you might be right. I can see how the runaround might be a turn off, so I think from now on I will just stick to dates I am 100% completely open and really don't forsee anything getting in the way (birthdays or work). So I think I will reserve the dates for weekends, and not go beyond that and make it clear to them. I do understand Guy D as that was a bit much rescheduling (even though I warned him). Guy C I wasn't giving him the runaround though.

This is all new territory for me so I am learning a lot. Little by little I am getting a better grasp.

Old 03-09-2016, 05:34 PM

181 posts, read 206,061 times
I think that it is harder for members of the LGBT community to find partners because the community is smaller. The stigmas and additional hassles that LGBT face can make dating more...frustrating. For that reason, I would be more patient and keep trying. As some other people said, I would not obsess over every interaction you are having with these guys. If it feels "off" or it isn't flowing well, I'd just let it go.

If it was me, I'd date as many guys as I possibly could and not take it too seriously . If it is meant to be, I think it will become apparent if it is, the more guys that you go out with.

Old 03-09-2016, 06:11 PM

124 posts, read 105,331 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by UrbanCheetah View Post
Guy D: Now he is the one that cut me off. We first started talking on Thursday, but really started talking on Friday. He wanted to meet me on Saturday, but I told him I already had plans (the truth). I told him that it would be better to meet next weekend, as this weekend was pretty packed, that I could do the following Friday, Saturday or Sunday. He said he wanted to meet during the week that waiting a week is too long. I told him the weekdays are also tough for me because I work in PR, we have a online commercial rolling out this week and my weeknight schedule can be very unpredictable. So he continued to push for the weeknights, and I hesitantly agreed to Monday (yesterday) to meet. Before I got out of work, my mom called me she needed me over because a pipe busted in her house, and she needed my help, so I rescheduled with him for today (Tuesday). Low and behold a deadline has been put on me and I have to work tonight since they made some major changes to the commercial and will probably have to work til 11pm. So I told him the situation, apologized that I had to reschedule again and I said we should just plan for this weekend, because my weeknights are pretty shot. I gave him options for Friday, Saturday and Sunday.

It bothered him and he told me he is going to move on because I am too complicated to schedule and he didn't want to reschedule a third time. Now I completely understand from his perspective that its seems flaky and fishy, but I did warn him that weeknights are not good for me and I gave him ample alternative dates. Also, what I noticed about Guy C and Guy D, is they also want to move a little too fast. Guy C wanted to meet the next day, after less than 24 hours of meeting online and then before I even ever met him he wanted me to hang out with him and his friends at a bar. I felt like it was a bit pushy.

Guy D also similar. Less than 24 hours of talking and meeting each other online he wanted to meet the next day. What they both have in common though is that if you don't have a wide open schedule for them it seems to bother them. It's not that I am not trying, I give them ample options, but sorry if it's my best friend's 30th bday (who I have known since I was 7) vs. my second date with you, I am gonna pick my best friend. And the thing is if I say I can't do one day for our date I give them like 3-4 other dates that I CAN! It's not like I say "Sorry it's my friends bday" and then just drop out. I give them other options for dates to meet. It seems like both Guy C and Guy D want me to drop everything for them, yet we barely know each other. I'll drop important plans with other people once I get to Date #3 with you. But if we are on date #1, I am sorry my family and friends come first and if you don't get that you won't ever get me then. They are a little too intense methinks.
I don't blame guy D either, too much rescheduling. Also I never plan something a week out with a person I never met. The flake rate at that many days passed is extremely high. And guys know that. That's why they push for ASAP meetings

Old 03-09-2016, 07:27 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hells Kitchen Dominican View Post
I don't blame guy D either, too much rescheduling. Also I never plan something a week out with a person I never met. The flake rate at that many days passed is extremely high. And guys know that. That's why they push for ASAP meetings
Thanks for that insight. I'm still learning so I appreciate it.

Old 03-09-2016, 09:41 PM

52,272 posts, read 52,700,922 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by citylover89 View Post
I think that it is harder for members of the LGBT community to find partners because the community is smaller. The stigmas and additional hassles that LGBT face can make dating more...frustrating. For that reason, I would be more patient and keep trying. As some other people said, I would not obsess over every interaction you are having with these guys. If it feels "off" or it isn't flowing well, I'd just let it go.

If it was me, I'd date as many guys as I possibly could and not take it too seriously . If it is meant to be, I think it will become apparent if it is, the more guys that you go out with.
It depends on where you live. My city has a huge gay population.

Old 03-10-2016, 01:08 AM

181 posts, read 206,061 times
Quote:
That's true. You live in SoCal where there is a ton of LGBT . I live in the Midwest..the community is a little "quiet" here to say the least...

Old 03-10-2016, 08:52 AM

Quote:
And I think that is part of the problem. I am in Chicago and the LGBT community is huge. The problem is since guys think with their penises, and there are so many options here in Chicago, it seems like no one really wants to settle down. Too many options here for many people. Unfortunately I am not like that .
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships