Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-19-2016, 09:35 AM

87 posts, read 66,219 times

Advertisements

[SIZE=3][/SIZE][SIZE=3]So I went on a trip to the East recently and just couldn’t help but having a session with a mystic for a general life reading. One of the things she told me was that I have many admirers but I am unapproachable. Now,for a guy who asks himself (as do so very many of my friends) why he’s still single, this is an interesting concept. How can a guy be unapproachable? That’s almost an oxymoron, after all as a guy I’m the one who’s supposed to be doing the approaching! [/SIZE]
[SIZE=3][/SIZE][SIZE=3]Here’s the scenario: In any social setting, both girls and guys scout each other out. When a guy looks at a girl he finds attractive he’s hoping for some sign that an advance would be welcome. Does she smile? Glance and then look away? Mirror body image? Then HE makes the approach. What seems to be happening (if indeed I’m admired?) is that the girl of my status, whose persona would match mine perfectly and is looking for a potential date is actually choosing not to give out hints that she finds me attractive?? Or I’m not seeing It - as a person very much ruled by the head I admittedly lack that intuitionwhich would enable me to read a women’s psychic brainwaves. I’m wired forlogic, plain and simple and need to actually see a smile, friendly glance eyecontact, which on the face of it seems quite reasonable??[/SIZE]
[SIZE=3][/SIZE][SIZE=3]This is indeed a bizarre situation. Yes I am a very successful, ivy league trained, internationally well-travelled graduate professional.I think my body is in great shape - I look just as good in a pair of jeans as Ido in a tux. (I should, I eat very healthily, work out almost daily and am dedicatedto a very intense sport). I am also unashamedly metrosexual. (My suits are Italian, my fine fragrances French and I colour and metal coordinate the Swiss watches I wear). I have a weekly facial and manscape regularly) and I subscribeto GQ and Esquire which reflect the very refined tastes I have. I’m fine withthe label “pretty boy”. [/SIZE]
[SIZE=3][/SIZE][SIZE=3]Because I know I score heavily on many of the aspects a woman would want, this probably comes through in my confidence. Is it possible that beforegetting to know me, women are already lumping me into the arrogant/”God’s giftto Women” category? Are women automatically assuming that a “hunk” (a word my PT used to describe me when I started this conversation with her …lol) has an ego to match? [If so how do I get out of this bias] Or does this reflect insecurities that women have where they fear that the super-attractive guy would leave her for someone else and are therefore less trustworthy? [/SIZE]
[SIZE=3][/SIZE]
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-19-2016, 09:40 AM

10,379 posts, read 10,919,333 times
A Mystic? Seriously? You wasted your time and money.

Old 03-19-2016, 09:42 AM

87 posts, read 66,219 times
Actually for a stranger there was a great deal of truth about my life she was able to tell. I was sceptical but not any more - I don't know what's there, but there's definitely something to it.

Old 03-19-2016, 09:45 AM

10,216 posts, read 8,306,679 times
Anyone can be unapproachable. If you're out in public, never smile, or wear headphones it's obvious you don't want to be bothered.

Old 03-19-2016, 09:52 AM

2,970 posts, read 2,770,042 times
OP:

Could you please fix your post.

I see a wall of text and [SIZE=3][/SIZE][SIZE=3 mentioned several times within your post.

Old 03-19-2016, 10:43 AM

405 posts, read 241,023 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 49ersfan27 View Post
Anyone can be unapproachable. If you're out in public, never smile, or wear headphones it's obvious you don't want to be bothered.

Maybe that is my problem whenever I go to the store I have my headphones on.

Old 03-19-2016, 10:11 PM

17,869 posts, read 20,999,231 times
Sup guy. I bet you're the guy that was fired from his last job because you made things super awkward with your coworkers, and made all those other weird threads about your cray cray sex drive and what-not.

Old 03-19-2016, 10:24 PM

16,960 posts, read 17,342,198 times
So, a tea leaf reader said you're too hot to approach?

Old 03-19-2016, 10:32 PM

35,094 posts, read 51,251,824 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by hawaiiancoconut View Post
So, a tea leaf reader said you're too hot to approach?
Is that what you got out of that mess? Is he on fire?
OP: anyone can be unapproachable for any number of reasons and one of the reasons is body language.
If you present yourself as unapproachable then you will be so you get to decide what happens next.

Old 03-19-2016, 11:50 PM

1,481 posts, read 1,225,806 times
Newsflash: genuinely attractive guys get approached all the time so if it's not happening for you....it's definitely not coz you're too handsome!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships