Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 03-29-2016, 08:53 AM

2,531 posts, read 1,864,874 times

Advertisements

I thought liberals were tolerant and open minded????

Old 03-29-2016, 08:54 AM

1,781 posts, read 2,682,126 times
Default OMG!!! Julia, You Got Me!

Quote:
Originally Posted by JustJulia View Post
Possibly brought to you by the same backpedalers who said, "No, no, baby, I didn't call you 'fat'! I said you were 'PHAT,' which means ... uh ... Pretty Hot and, uh ... Tasty, yeah!"
You and Red win the 'Make The Captain Laugh Out Loud' Award for today!

Old 03-29-2016, 09:09 AM

41,936 posts, read 36,974,024 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by floridarebel View Post
There is a huge gap between being tolerant and open minded about something and wanting to be intimate with something.

Old 03-29-2016, 09:16 AM

5,573 posts, read 3,348,858 times
Politics reflect your world view. I wouldn't date someone whose world view differed from mine significantly. I think someone made a wise choice in cancelling the date.

Old 03-29-2016, 09:20 AM

4,613 posts, read 4,795,971 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by homina12 View Post
Politics reflect your world view. I wouldn't date someone whose world view differed from mine significantly. I think someone made a wise choice in cancelling the date.
I couldn't do it for any extended period of time, and certainly not with the intention of it leading to anything permanent.

I did, however, go on a date recently with someone who supported....let's just say my LAST choice of the current options for president. And while I didn't agree with her views, she supported them very intelligently and it led to a vibrant debate. Made me want to jump her bones.

Old 03-29-2016, 09:22 AM

3,298 posts, read 2,474,646 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by waltonmountain View Post
He told me she posted a status on facebook saying "its sad when you like someone but then you dont becuase you find out their political beliefs"

He messaged her and saying "you think differently of me because im a republican?" and she said"yes i do and i dont think we should go out", he said "wow that's the lamest reason I have ever heard" and she said "republicans dont care about people"

My friend told her "being republican doesn't make me a bad person, I would view you as a bad person for this, have a nice life"
If you think about it, she probably did your friend a huge favor by shutting the relationship down before he got dragged any further into it.

Old 03-29-2016, 11:35 AM

3,063 posts, read 3,273,295 times
I'm a moderate and I've had good friendships with republicans, who were pretty conservative, hated Obama, and so on. I'm black btw lol. We still got along great because I'm not overly liberal and tend to be more conservative on similar things as they were. When I was younger the majority of men I dated were socially conservative, and fiscally liberal. They were all pretty homophobic and very religious. I found that these men were a bit too narrow minded and ignorant for my liking. The last guy I dated was too liberal for my liking--there were certain issues that we just didn't see eye to eye on, and that I was just like "dang where is the line drawn". So for me political beliefs matter but only when one is too extreme in one direction. I could date a republican man, or a man that identified as a democrat, depending on said "man". But I understand why some people prefer those with similar political beliefs--often those politics reflect our values and beliefs and someone with differing politics would be a huge clash.

Old 03-29-2016, 11:50 AM

33,387 posts, read 34,847,766 times
Quote:
they are, as long as you agree with them.

Old 03-29-2016, 11:53 AM

26,700 posts, read 41,748,461 times
Quote:
As a liberal, the open mindedness ends where my bedroom begins.

Old 03-29-2016, 12:01 PM

1,881 posts, read 1,483,683 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by waltonmountain View Post
He told me she posted a status on facebook saying "its sad when you like someone but then you dont becuase you find out their political beliefs"

He messaged her and saying "you think differently of me because im a republican?" and she said"yes i do and i dont think we should go out", he said "wow that's the lamest reason I have ever heard" and she said "republicans dont care about people"

My friend told her "being republican doesn't make me a bad person, I would view you as a bad person for this, have a nice life"
I won't date Republicans, either--and I used to be one many moons ago. Unless a fellow prefers someone like George Pataki, who for all intents and purposes is a social liberal, a vote for a Republican these days is a vote in favor of racism, sexism, homophobia, xenophobia, and the mixing of church and state. Those are not my values, and I would not be with a man who supported idiots like Drumpf, Rubio, or anyone else in the clown car of GOP 2016 hopefuls.

Quote:
You are wrong. We do not tolerate intolerance, and the GOP is chock full of it. Believe what you want, do what you want in your own bedroom, but the minute someone tries to curtail the rights of others or starts spewing stupidity like "deport all Muslims," that person become a racist asshat, and no, we don't have to tolerate that. I'd say the woman who cancelled the date is smart.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships