Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-02-2016, 08:19 AM

3 posts, read 2,105 times

Advertisements

Again, thanks for your replys.

External things have changed. I've just been promoted at work, my times have changed so I'm not working as late. The house is almost finished and ready to sell which is a massive weight lifted. My brother is sorted with his situation. I'm also working out now, have been catching up with friends and going out a lot more than I did. Ultimately I know what I want going forward whereas before it was clouded.

I know the way she texts. In the past I have not recieved a reply and I wouldn't try contacting her again. Then things would crop up were she acknowledged me or showed me that she was still somewhat interested (facebook, instagram) so I would get back in touch. The fact that she replied so quickly and not negative has given me a glimmer of hope. I know you guys are going to say forget it and don't get your hopes up but I have to try and at least meet if she gets back to me.

chigal7 - I agree, she is a wonderful person and I'm a piece of **** for treating her the way I did. I really didn't run away. I thought about it long and hard and made the wrong choice. Everyone makes mistakes and this is defintely my biggest and most regretful yet.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-02-2016, 08:30 AM

189 posts, read 214,060 times
Breaking up with her was a slap in the face, regardless of the reasons justified or not.

She probably allowed the contact and enjoyed you coming crawling back. This boosted her ego while also giving you payback.

Even if she got back with you she will never forget or just let it go.

Best bet is to walk away, stop feeling sorry for yourself, and deal with the loneliness. Don't make the same mistake with the next one.

Old 04-02-2016, 08:41 AM

49,927 posts, read 59,955,675 times
Here's the thing ... Some circumstances of your life have calmed down, but what are you going to do when the next round of stressors crops up??

Are you going to take off again when your workload picks up? If you were married and the car broke down, would you question your whole existence? If the kids all got sick at once, would you file for divorce??

4 months is nothing in the grand scheme of things. It's a blip. If I were her, I'd be VERY gun-shy around you.

Old 04-02-2016, 09:21 AM

5,295 posts, read 5,239,528 times
You've already proven to her that when the going gets tough, you bail. And it wasnt even that tough, you still bailed rather than work together. Dont think she hasnt forgotten that.

Old 04-02-2016, 09:32 AM

30,902 posts, read 33,008,032 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wmsn4Life View Post
Here's the thing ... Some circumstances of your life have calmed down, but what are you going to do when the next round of stressors crops up??

Are you going to take off again when your workload picks up? If you were married and the car broke down, would you question your whole existence? If the kids all got sick at once, would you file for divorce??

4 months is nothing in the grand scheme of things. It's a blip. If I were her, I'd be VERY gun-shy around you.
This is almost certainly what she's thinking. It's what I'd be thinking. I wouldn't be anxious to meet up again either, not even casually. I'd probably just be moving forward.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships