Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-03-2016, 02:32 PM

1,568 posts, read 1,118,391 times

Advertisements

Now you may ask yourself "what weird type of relationship does this guy want?" You would be surprised to know that I just seek what used to be a normal relationship. The type of relationship that was easy to find before I was married and divorced, where you met hit it off and were an item until you were not anymore but both parties putting in the effort and the hope that it will last forever.
What I see these days is people just passing time(and not much of that). people who want to be in a relationship but put it at the bottom of their to-do list when they have one. What I see is people who seek long term relationships but treat their partners like a friend with benefits(a few calls here and there and a hookup on the weekends).
Well I find that sad. I seek love in it's purest form, not based on my wealth or status, not love that takes baby steps but a love that starts with passion and molds and blends us into a symbiotic bliss. I want a mate that I can spend most of my free time with, hanging out, talking about everything, hump like bunnies and basically enjoy life together. And most important a mate who is just as happy with me as I am with her.
Do any of you ever feel this way? and do you think this type of relationship is even possible in a time where everyone seems to be raised to be self centered or believe that love is the least important part of their life.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-03-2016, 02:55 PM

30,894 posts, read 36,941,290 times
While I think you might be a bit overly idealistic, I share your general sentiments.

Old 04-03-2016, 03:01 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by mysticaltyger View Post
While I think you might be a bit overly idealistic, I share your general sentiments.
idealistic? how so? just want a real relationship that does not feel like friends with benefits.

Old 04-03-2016, 03:06 PM

15,675 posts, read 11,520,276 times
Yes the things you want seem a " normal " marriage but the things you have observed is certainly not a normal marriage.

EVERYONE I know that's married has a normal marriage and is done purely out of love, honestly the marriages you've described I don't doubt they exist but I can't think of a couple that are like that mate.

The only reason I can see either a married person spending time away from each other is for work reasons and not because they only want to see each other occasionally.

Old 04-03-2016, 03:13 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Londoncowboy30 View Post
Yes the things you want seem a " normal " marriage but the things you have observed is certainly not a normal marriage.

EVERYONE I know that's married has a normal marriage and is done purely out of love, honestly the marriages you've described I don't doubt they exist but I can't think of a couple that are like that mate.

The only reason I can see either a married person spending time away from each other is for work reasons and not because they only want to see each other occasionally.
Oh I was speaking about dating and the relationship prior to getting hitched. and what I described is what keeps it from getting that far.

Old 04-03-2016, 03:22 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by cyphorx View Post
Oh I was speaking about dating and the relationship prior to getting hitched. and what I described is what keeps it from getting that far.
Ahhhhh I see!, I thought this is what you've observed from other couples hence my confusion LOL.

As that's the case mate you should have NO problems in finding what you desire I'm sure

Old 04-03-2016, 03:27 PM

9,301 posts, read 8,343,376 times
Quote:
Now you may ask yourself "what weird type of relationship does this guy want?" You would be surprised to know that I just seek what used to be a normal relationship. The type of relationship that was easy to find before I was married and divorced, where you met hit it off and were an item until you were not anymore but both parties putting in the effort and the hope that it will last forever.
What I see these days is people just passing time(and not much of that). people who want to be in a relationship but put it at the bottom of their to-do list when they have one. What I see is people who seek long term relationships but treat their partners like a friend with benefits(a few calls here and there and a hookup on the weekends).
Well I find that sad. I seek love in it's purest form, not based on my wealth or status, not love that takes baby steps but a love that starts with passion and molds and blends us into a symbiotic bliss. I want a mate that I can spend most of my free time with, hanging out, talking about everything, hump like bunnies and basically enjoy life together. And most important a mate who is just as happy with me as I am with her.
Do any of you ever feel this way? and do you think this type of relationship is even possible in a time where everyone seems to be raised to be self centered or believe that love is the least important part of their life.
I've learned that for me, that's unicorns.

I'm sure it exists, but it is not for everyone.

Old 04-03-2016, 03:29 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Londoncowboy30 View Post
Ahhhhh I see!, I thought this is what you've observed from other couples hence my confusion LOL.

As that's the case mate you should have NO problems in finding what you desire I'm sure
Finding the right woman seems to be like ice skating uphill lol.

Old 04-03-2016, 03:33 PM

Quote:
Finding the right woman seems to be like ice skating uphill lol.
Yes but with enough effort, determination and skill set...... it CAN be done!

Old 04-03-2016, 03:49 PM

16,961 posts, read 17,332,620 times
It's nice to fantasize about these type of relationships, but it's just not reality, guy...and that's why you're finding it hard to obtain.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships