Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-15-2016, 12:41 PM

161 posts, read 255,339 times

Advertisements

I moved to a new city and met this girl at a local book store, and started to ask her out. We had dinner for a couple of times and I flirted with her and she flirted back. Yesterday, when I texted her to ask her out for a coffee, she texted back and told me she is going out with her boyfriend and sent me a picture of them holding each other, then she call me on facetime to only show me she and her boyfriend are kissing each other. I just don't understand here, why don't she just told me upfront when we first met ,she had been taken.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-15-2016, 12:52 PM

30,902 posts, read 32,987,929 times
I feel like she's sending you a pretty clear message, TBH.

I don't know why she didn't tell you she had a boyfriend, unless she thought you were just being friendly and not romantic at first and then got the vibe that you wanted more. There's a thread along these lines right now from the opposite direction: the poster claims he asks girls out for coffee just to get to know them as friends and that he suspects they think he wants more even though he doesn't. This is in fact a woman's conundrum quite often - is he asking me to be romantic or just to be friends or...?

Next time, be clear upfront.

As for the flirting back, some people are just flirty without intentions. What was the "flirting"?

Old 05-15-2016, 01:08 PM

953 posts, read 842,526 times
I agree that she could have been more direct and just told you that she was unavailable for dinner because she has a BF. Then again, inasmuch as you did see this girl for the first time inside a book store, you might have been better off taking a bit more time to get a good "read" on her before proceeding further.

Old 05-15-2016, 01:29 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by JerZ View Post
I feel like she's sending you a pretty clear message, TBH.

I don't know why she didn't tell you she had a boyfriend, unless she thought you were just being friendly and not romantic at first and then got the vibe that you wanted more. There's a thread along these lines right now from the opposite direction: the poster claims he asks girls out for coffee just to get to know them as friends and that he suspects they think he wants more even though he doesn't. This is in fact a woman's conundrum quite often - is he asking me to be romantic or just to be friends or...?

Next time, be clear upfront.

As for the flirting back, some people are just flirty without intentions. What was the "flirting"?

Quote:
I agree that she could have been more direct and just told you that she was unavailable for dinner because she has a BF. Then again, inasmuch as you did see this girl for the first time inside a book store, you might have been better off taking a bit more time to get a good "read" on her before proceeding further.
She told me she has broken up with her her boyfriend long time ago.

And I was pretty honest at the beginning that I was seeking a relationship , not friendship and she let me flirt with her and she flirted back. We flirted a lot , for example: I sent her some text said that I desired her and she texted back told me she wanted me too. Mixed signal here .

Old 05-15-2016, 01:30 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by max100 View Post
She told me she has broken up with her her boyfriend long time ago.

And I was pretty honest at the beginning that I was seeking a relationship , not friendship and she let me flirt with her and she flirted back. Mixed signal here .
Okay. In this case it sounds like she found someone she liked better (I am sorry) or went back to her boyfriend.

What she's sending you NOW is a very clear message.

Old 05-15-2016, 01:34 PM

Quote:
Okay. In this case it sounds like she found someone she liked better (I am sorry) or went back to her boyfriend.

What she's sending you NOW is a very clear message.
I agree with you here , so I texted her back tell her not contact me anymore, then blocked her already. I just hope , she could simply tell she is seeing someone else. I think it's a much more polite way to tell me she is not interested anymore. I don't need to know her boyfriend or see that they are kissing each other.

Old 05-15-2016, 01:40 PM

15,675 posts, read 11,520,276 times
That's just plain wrong what she did mate

Personally if that were me and she FaceTimed me kissing her fella and mislead me I'd say " oh but why did you have sex with me then? "...... I'd pretend of course and then see how cozy they are

I'm not at all a cynical or a cruel person but if someone's gone out of there way to humiliate me and make me look an idiot then it's game on as far as I'm concerned .

I'm very sorry this has happened to you mate

Old 05-15-2016, 01:46 PM

8,011 posts, read 8,203,754 times
Bruh, you didn't just dodge a bullet, YOU DODGED A MISSILE!

Old 05-15-2016, 01:49 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ro2113 View Post
Bruh, you didn't just dodge a bullet, YOU DODGED A MISSILE!
She's a missile because she discovered she liked someone more than the OP?

It happens. It's not even illegal or anything.

We don't know the whole story. We don't know whether she felt interest but after some dates, she just wasn't feeling the connection. We don't know whether the OP didn't make a real move and she got tired of waiting (also allowed, all different people have all different dating styles and preferences).

She didn't lead him on and then crush his heart and ruin his life and plans. They had two meals and some texts. They weren't engaged.

Someone just not liking YOU (the universal you) after having dated a few times does not automatically make the person some sort of monster. What is dating for if not to discover who is going to work out for you and who isn't? Has the OP ever turned anyone down, or gone on a date or two and realized "this just isn't working out"? If so is he a total jerk and a missile to be dodged at all costs? Cheeses but has dating ever gotten not-fun in the decade and a half since I last did it. It didn't work out, she found someone she clicked with better, she's not exactly Elizabeth of Bathory or something, lighten up.

Good on you for moving forward, OP, and better luck with the next girl.

Last edited by JerZ; 05-15-2016 at 01:59 PM..

Old 05-15-2016, 01:58 PM

8,011 posts, read 8,203,754 times
Quote:
She's a missile because she discovered she liked someone more than the OP?

It happens. It's not even illegal or anything.

We don't know the whole story. We don't know whether she felt interest but after some dates, she just wasn't feeling the connection. We don't know whether the OP didn't make a real move and she got tired of waiting (also allowed, all different people have all different dating styles and preferences).

She didn't lead him on and then crush his heart and ruin his life and plans. They had two meals and some texts. They weren't engaged.

Someone just not liking YOU (the universal you) after having dated a few times does not automatically make the person some sort of monster. What is dating for if not to discover who is going to work out for you and who isn't? Has the OP ever turned anyone down, or gone on a.date or two.and realized "this just isn't working out"? If so is he a total jerk and a missile to be dodged at all costs?
No!

But purposely sending him pictures of her and her new BF instead of just leaving it at 'I don't see anything between us' or something along those lines is pretty tasteless. Do you really think the pictures are necessary? I mean who does that?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships