Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-24-2016, 02:02 AM

1,544 posts, read 925,393 times

Advertisements

It's as if I meet a guy, we exchange numbers and have a good conversation, then everything flatlines. What I mean by this is that the chemistry is there, but quickly evaporates. Like the attraction going from WOW to meh. I don't ask for too much of a dude, but I won't settle for less either.

What were your experiences in that aspect?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-24-2016, 02:03 AM

4,523 posts, read 3,408,576 times
A lot of times. This usually happens a lot at bars and clubs.

Where are you typically meeting these men?

Old 05-24-2016, 02:12 AM

61,743 posts, read 87,194,708 times
Sometimes attraction depends on number of drinks and hierarchy of needs
The next day is another story, and the initial "attraction" fades pretty quickly.

Old 05-24-2016, 02:19 AM

1,544 posts, read 925,393 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by NewYorker11356 View Post

Either a library or bookstore, or public transportation when I'm on my way to school or running errands. Never liked bars or clubs.

Old 05-24-2016, 02:50 AM

953 posts, read 843,529 times
A woman should not feel any pressure to settle, but there is a big difference between that initial wave of euphoria that results from having an enjoyable time in the company of someone you just met, and the splash of cold water known as reality. The letdown you experienced is probably caused by your brain asking whether you see yourself wanting to spend time with the guy on a regular basis and have shared interests. When the answer is "I can take him in small doses" or "Come now, be serious ... the two of us together?" ... those are signs that you have rejoined your fellow earthlings.

When expectations and reality meet, then you are on to something. When it comes to early stages of relationships, the biggest asset is patience. Be patient enough to let things develop and smart enough to know when to look elsewhere.

Old 05-24-2016, 03:54 AM

19,969 posts, read 30,236,853 times
the conversation and chemistry was going good...then went flat??

you didn't tell him you were a vegan?? that's was on my "no way" list years ago....right above drug dealer and devil worshipper

chemistry can be complicated- don't sell yourself short,,,guys can be dicks- my advice to women, is you are in the drivers seat... many guys are NOT good at reading any "like-able signs"

if you like a guy or think you could,,,let him know.

keep something in mind- many guys have to go through " culture & harassment" seminars at work,,,where men are pretty much predators and its the interpretation of the women of whether its harassment- and the facilitators also tell us ,,,don't joke with a woman, don't even look at them twice, don't comment of anything she is wearing...... now after years of hearing this,,, and conditioning ourselves,,, to filter what not to say in the work place- its tough to flick a switch,,,,when you are conditioned to be soooo cautious,,,,,yep it sounds dumb,,,, this is why you women should be more assertive.... men are pretty much neutered in the work-place
and that's most of our waking life..

Old 05-24-2016, 06:28 AM

12,585 posts, read 16,959,573 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by NewYorker11356 View Post

Yeah.. Lol! You meet a girl and are like 'WOW!' Then the house lights come on at 2am and your 'WOW' goes to 'meh.' Lol!

Old 05-24-2016, 09:11 AM

19,723 posts, read 20,259,734 times
I think it's easy getting caught up in the initial enthusiasm. I can go 'meh' once I start thinking rationally, like whether I honestly want to bring this guy into my life..

Old 05-24-2016, 09:14 AM

41,936 posts, read 36,989,150 times
I attraction grows or wanes as you get to know someone. That is normal.

Old 05-24-2016, 09:28 AM

5,573 posts, read 3,350,265 times
If it's almost immediate, then I'm not sure what's going on. A few weeks or months later, with that time having been used to get to know the person better, makes more sense to me.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships