Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 05-12-2016, 12:41 PM

26,701 posts, read 41,805,788 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ruth4Truth View Post
Whoa, simmer down. The Dissenter doesn't go around calling women "ugly" to their face. He probably doesn't say that about women even to his friends. It's an internet discussion. He means, "women who aren't attractive to him".

....Don't you, Diss?
I am only using ugly as an adjective for the purposes of Internet convos. I have to describe an appearance, what adjective do people want me to use? Ugly to me may well mean beautiful to someone else.

Old 05-12-2016, 12:41 PM

8,011 posts, read 8,224,053 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by somebodynew View Post
Is English not your first language? I am not trying to insult. You just don't seem to understand what some of us are saying on this thread.
I understand your last post perfectly. I was asking you how did you think this thread that you started was going to turn out? Is it really that difficult a question to understand?

Old 05-12-2016, 12:42 PM

14,294 posts, read 13,211,792 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by timberline742 View Post
Wait, I didn't mean being bitter and sexist was expected. I mean struggling with dating is expected. You're just starting and just learning.
Ah. Ok. I guess I was thinking more of having the attitude of women being things as the root cause of dating woes. Which, as you know, is my root shtick.

Old 05-12-2016, 12:42 PM

7,400 posts, read 6,381,345 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by soUlwounD View Post
As you claim to be Black Democrat Childfree Atheist

So you like to be called N-word? Not?

Well, women who are called ugly by you are treated just as badly by you than black people are called by n-word. Calling someone ugly express negativity towards a person, non-acception, discrimination and despicing attitude. Ugly in this society is inhuman and kicked, unwanted another without respect.

If you don't accept to be treated unfair because your blackness = looks, why would you bully and misstreat women that are not your ideal? You don't actually have to bring up ugliness at all, people can choose their word to not insult those that they are not personally attracted to.

That is the main part why it is my favourite... Guys are biting their own leg...

There is no reason to call people ugly, that is bullying term.

Calling people ugly is insulting.

And everyone who becomes "ugly" to you is able to be pretty and ideal to someone else.

Old 05-12-2016, 12:44 PM

14,294 posts, read 13,211,792 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ro2113 View Post
I understand your last post perfectly. I was asking you how did you think this thread that you started was going to turn out? Is it really that difficult a question to understand?
I understand what you said. It just makes no sense at all in response to what I wrote. I did not think about whether or not it turned out peacefully since I don't care. Anyone who wants to get pissy can go on any number of other people's ignore lists. I have enjoyed the conversation with a number of people.

Old 05-12-2016, 12:45 PM

14,078 posts, read 16,638,384 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by timberline742 View Post
Doing it behind their back doesn't make it and better.
Yes it does. I don't care what negative thoughts you have about me as long as you don't tell me about it. Dissenter calling women who none of us know "ugly rejects" is nothing compared to the rudeness that gets directed to posters here.

Old 05-12-2016, 12:45 PM

2,894 posts, read 2,459,534 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Metaphysique View Post
A lot of the single Bitter Boys are in their late 20s, 30s and some 40s.

And us married folk are, what, mostly 40s, and some 50s? I'm in my early 30s.
I totally agree - married and 50 myself. What really bothers me is the 40 year old ones - they should know better by now. All of them need to listen: Once you angst-ridden boys reaches a certain age, it's NOT CUTE ANYMORE. Nobody has any interest anymore in writing your name on the front of their English notebook like in high school, or wants to be your muse. Kurt Cobain could pull it off, YOU CAN'T Your "struggle" is not "real", you are not being discriminated against - and if you'd join us here in the real world where people act like mature, responsible, respectful, sharing and caring individuals who AREN'T wrapped up in themselves and their imaginary world where every one is out to get YOU for [whine]no reason [/whine], I'm sure that will become clearer. it's not the women's fault that you behave like Peter Pan with a Persecution Complex. Own it - quit blaming everyone else for your shortcomings.

All that being said, I do have to wonder what these single Bitter Boys get out of posting this nonsense. I will give them credit, they've taught me an important lesson: Be very careful when you open that junk drawer - you never can tell what kind of wingnut is going to fall out.

Old 05-12-2016, 12:46 PM

7,400 posts, read 6,381,345 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by The Dissenter View Post
I am only using ugly as an adjective for the purposes of Internet convos. I have to describe an appearance, what adjective do people want me to use? Ugly to me may well mean beautiful to someone else.
Never once have I thought you'd tell a woman you're not attracted to that she's ugly. I've turned down a lot of men due to lack of attraction. They may have not been "ugly," but the fact still stands, I wasn't attracted to them. So what. I never divulged this, however, and anyone who would is an asshat.

Old 05-12-2016, 12:47 PM

41,936 posts, read 37,041,955 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sweet Like Sugar View Post
Yes it does. I don't care what negative thoughts you have about me as long as you don't tell me about it. Dissenter calling women who none of us know "ugly rejects" is nothing compared to the rudeness that gets directed to posters here.
You don't know it, but that doesn't make it more acceptable for another to say it. Not in any way. That's like a little kid crying "but you weren't supposed to know that!" and thinking that excuses an action. It does not. Just as stealing something and the person it was stolen from never finding out or noticing it was missing doesn't make it acceptable.

And I see relatively little rudeness here, I see lots of tough love, which is needed.

Old 05-12-2016, 12:47 PM

26,701 posts, read 41,805,788 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by soUlwounD View Post
As you claim to be Black Democrat Childfree Atheist

So you like to be called N-word? Not?

Well, women who are called ugly by you are treated just as badly by you than black people are called by n-word. Calling someone ugly express negativity towards a person, non-acception, discrimination and despicing attitude. Ugly in this society is inhuman and kicked, unwanted another without respect.

If you don't accept to be treated unfair because your blackness = looks, why would you bully and misstreat women that are not your ideal? You don't actually have to bring up ugliness at all, people can choose their word to not insult those that they are not personally attracted to.

That is the main part why it is my favourite... Guys are biting their own leg...

There is no reason to call people ugly, that is bullying term.

Calling people ugly is insulting.

And everyone who becomes "ugly" to you is able to be pretty and ideal to someone else.
Calling someone the N word is FAR more serious matter than calling someone who you aren't physically attracted to ugly.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships