Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-16-2016, 12:04 PM

41,936 posts, read 36,974,024 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by rbohm View Post
yep, women are like diesel engines, they need to be warmed up to get going, but once there, they run forever. men are like pro stock cars. we just need some heat in our tires, then we make the run and head back to the pits to cool off.
Only if this was true. Even the most fit ones seem to always need breaks, then start go for awhile, then another break... etc etc. They get better in their 40s, and good quality lube can be a lifesaver, but yeah.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-16-2016, 12:22 PM

33,387 posts, read 34,847,766 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by DontH8Me View Post
Crock pot vs. microwave is an analogy I've heard which seems fitting.
hey, i am a car guy, not a cook.

Old 05-16-2016, 12:37 PM

16,225 posts, read 27,435,268 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by rbohm View Post
hey, i am a car guy, not a cook.
I'm a lover, not a fighter! Haha

I am definitely a cook - you can tune the car engine while I make a five-star dinner, deal?

Old 05-16-2016, 02:00 PM

11,161 posts, read 7,967,013 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Petunia 100 View Post
Horny men just want sex. Horny women have all sorts of devious motives, need attention, have emotional issues, and repressed guilt. They probably cheat on their taxes to boot.

LOL... Horny women just want sex too sometimes. It's not 1950 anymore June... We're allowed to express our sexuality... Just like men.

Old 05-16-2016, 02:18 PM

11,162 posts, read 7,639,632 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sydney123 View Post
LOL... Horny women just want sex too sometimes. It's not 1950 anymore June... We're allowed to express our sexuality... Just like men.
Exactly.

Old 05-16-2016, 02:20 PM

5,573 posts, read 3,348,858 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sydney123 View Post

And it's a good thing. I really don't understand men who find women wanting to bang them, or women who want to bang some other man to be a problem. Just be bangable and you'll be OK.

Here's the thing that gets overlooked though. What if the OP is a sensitive person who had probably unrealistic hopes for something here, or just got his signals crossed?

Old 05-16-2016, 02:48 PM

12,585 posts, read 16,955,404 times
Quote:

I am definitely a cook - you can tune the car engine while I make a five-star dinner, deal?
Now you're cookin! Lol!

Glad to have you back on here. You went missing for a while.

Old 05-16-2016, 04:00 PM

30,902 posts, read 33,008,032 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by homina12 View Post

Here's the thing that gets overlooked though. What if the OP is a sensitive person who had probably unrealistic hopes for something here, or just got his signals crossed?
I don't think that's been overlooked, really. I think it's pretty obvious the OP wanted more; even the thread title asks what he did "wrong." You can't really miss that he's unhappy about this.

We know he wanted more and that he's reacting badly to this. It happens, to both women and men. You think you're getting "more," but it turns out you were just a lay. I'm not saying it isn't sad. It is. But it DOES happen and in this case, it happened to the OP, who needs to move on from here and perhaps seek different venues to find someone, or else keep trying with this one while being VERY clear he is out for a full-on relationship.

The OP should take heart that he probably didn't actually do anything "wrong," except to not vet his potential mate a bit more and perhaps wait (and see if she was willing to wait) on the sex. But it seems pretty clear she DID want just sex from him, so either way he'd have ultimately been dropped - either because no sex happened, or immediately after she was done with the sex. It isn't his fault, she simply didn't want the same thing he wanted.

Old 05-17-2016, 09:31 PM

33,387 posts, read 34,847,766 times
Quote:

sounds like a deal to me.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships