Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-05-2016, 10:33 PM

4,525 posts, read 3,405,909 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by D217 View Post
Men generally do not like to be pursued... When I say men, I mean Men, not these 40yr old revenge of the nerds rejects. These dudes don't seem to adhere to any type of code, nor do they feel the "rules" apply to them ~ which can be very annoying for those of us who do. . . . Their mantra: 'Desperate times call for desperate measures.' You have to decide whether you want to align yourself with that way of Life. . . Be stingy with your number, woman. Value that s#!+ like it's gold plated. There are just too many weirdos and scheming mf'ers out there ~ waiting~ , so take the time and make sure he's worthy of those digits first before you cast your open line out there to any old swine 'for a good time'..
Speak for yourself.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-05-2016, 11:00 PM

356 posts, read 365,427 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MissmamaAnnie View Post
.Lets say you have an eye on guy but then you decide to give him your number without him asking for it and say something like "text me sometime".If he's interested he'll follow up?If he doesn't then he's not interested?Does giving a guy your number without him asking for it a better way to gauge his interest?
Yes you may have my number! I'll pm it to you suga

Old 06-07-2016, 04:21 PM

576 posts, read 824,043 times
UPDATE

Sooo I finally gave him my number.We work for the same company but we hardly get a chance to actually have conversation given we work in different departments and don't have work related interactions. I always see him in passing,and sometimes I don't see him at all.Whenever I do run into it's either I'm in hurry to go back on my floor or he's busy with a client.He also takes his lunch time different from mine.I'm unable to take my lunch at the same time which makes things rather difficult when I want to talk to him.So today I caught him alone in his office and I went in.I handed him a note folded with my number on it..he gave me perplexed look then I said ''text me sometime".He paused for moment then he figure it out what the note is about then he was like "sure".I then I had to go back to my department so while I was walking away he was like "see you later !"

I'm scared that he might not text/call but at least I will know that I tried.

Old 06-11-2016, 03:48 PM

15,675 posts, read 11,523,736 times
Quote:
UPDATE

Sooo I finally gave him my number.We work for the same company but we hardly get a chance to actually have conversation given we work in different departments and don't have work related interactions. I always see him in passing,and sometimes I don't see him at all.Whenever I do run into it's either I'm in hurry to go back on my floor or he's busy with a client.He also takes his lunch time different from mine.I'm unable to take my lunch at the same time which makes things rather difficult when I want to talk to him.So today I caught him alone in his office and I went in.I handed him a note folded with my number on it..he gave me perplexed look then I said ''text me sometime".He paused for moment then he figure it out what the note is about then he was like "sure".I then I had to go back to my department so while I was walking away he was like "see you later !"

I wish you well

Just clocked this ......Is this the same bloke that you occasionally bumped into and started a thread on a while ago?

If so again I really hope you get lucky

Old 06-12-2016, 06:38 AM

42,763 posts, read 52,855,270 times
Quote:
UPDATE

I'm very proud of you. You did what many men couldn't get the balls to do.I hope things work for you. Now that you took the reigns, let him take some now.

Old 06-12-2016, 07:00 AM

23,173 posts, read 26,194,030 times
Good for you. Nothing ventured, nothing gained.
Just don't let it get to you too much if he was just being a nice, polite guy and never does.
Like you said....at least you let him know you're willing.

Old 06-12-2016, 08:29 AM

576 posts, read 824,043 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Londoncowboy30 View Post
I wish you well

Just clocked this ......Is this the same bloke that you occasionally bumped into and started a thread on a while ago?

If so again I really hope you get lucky
yes it is the same one but it turns out he isn't interested. Read th e updated thread I posted after

Old 06-12-2016, 08:40 AM

15,675 posts, read 11,523,736 times
Quote:
yes it is the same one but it turns out he isn't interested. Read th e updated thread I posted after
Ok I will sorry to hear that

Old 06-13-2016, 05:29 AM

14,078 posts, read 16,609,532 times
Quote:
UPDATE

I'm sorry to hear that things didn't work out, but at least you won't have to always wonder about him. I'm still upset that my coworker ignored my Super Like on Tinder. I only saw him once at work after the Tinder incident and that was months ago, but I'm definitely not bold enough to just give him my number like you did. I could creepily send him a message on Facebook, but I don't want to do that. He has several female Facebook friends from work who I could try to get to know in an attempt to get to him through them, but I don't really want to do that either. A lot of the girls he talks to at work aren't even pretty so I don't really understand why he ignores me. Why am I not good enough and they are???

Old 06-13-2016, 06:37 AM

6,822 posts, read 6,634,329 times
Quote:
.Lets say you have an eye on guy but then you decide to give him your number without him asking for it and say something like "text me sometime".If he's interested he'll follow up?If he doesn't then he's not interested?Does giving a guy your number without him asking for it a better way to gauge his interest?
I think it highly depends on the guy you're giving the number to.

If it's a gang bang player, he'll just show it off to his buddies to get a good laugh at the ____ he's able to score with.

If it's a good guy, then he'd be considerate and act appropriately. Most likely you'd get a response one way or the other
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships