Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-11-2016, 11:43 AM

7 posts, read 4,787 times

Advertisements

Both my younger brother and his friend, who were heading towards the gym said they saw her making out with another guy near where her car was parked, the guy got in the passenger side and she drove off.

The reason why I'm asking is because he wasn't quite the best brother 7 years ago, he did something bad and really hurt me. I was engaged at the time (I was then 24 and he was 19) but broke it off because I discovered she cheated with him. He was remorseful afterwards, kept promising he wouldn't ever hurt me like this again. It took me about 3 years to reconnect with him and we're ok by now. Since he's my brother and I couldn't find it in me to hate him, I forgave him but never forgot (we just don't bring up the topic and haven't for the longest). As for my ex fiancee, I went permanent NC with her.

What's concerning is his friend is saying the exact same thing. But should I take my brother's word this time? He claims to want the best for me, still regrets what he did back then but isn't after my gf and is just informing what he and his friend saw. In addition, our relationship has been nothing but arguments over these past 3-4 months and she apparently seems to be busy on some days (she has already cancelled two dates), keeps saying that she's been working on double shifts.

I'll be seeing her sometime today. Should I go straight toward the confrontation route and ask her or do my own investigation?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-11-2016, 12:18 PM

I'll be stopping by her house within 2 hours from now. Any suggestion would be helpful.

Old 06-11-2016, 12:19 PM

16,225 posts, read 27,458,535 times
Don't go.

Old 06-11-2016, 12:20 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by DontH8Me View Post
Don't go.
Ok so I don't confront her either?

Old 06-11-2016, 12:29 PM

15,675 posts, read 11,544,147 times
Who do you have bigger trust issues with your brother or your girlfriend?

If you trust your girlfriend less confront her but if you believe in her more then DONT

Don't look too much into what his friend says as if your brother is playing games he's most probably just agreeing with him.

Old 06-11-2016, 12:44 PM

49,927 posts, read 60,022,848 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BronxR85 View Post
Both my younger brother and his friend, who were heading towards the gym said they saw her making out with another guy near where her car was parked, the guy got in the passenger side and she drove off.

The reason why I'm asking is because he wasn't quite the best brother 7 years ago, he did something bad and really hurt me. I was engaged at the time (I was then 24 and he was 19) but broke it off because I discovered she cheated with him. He was remorseful afterwards, kept promising he wouldn't ever hurt me like this again. It took me about 3 years to reconnect with him and we're ok by now. Since he's my brother and I couldn't find it in me to hate him, I forgave him but never forgot (we just don't bring up the topic and haven't for the longest). As for my ex fiancee, I went permanent NC with her.

What's concerning is his friend is saying the exact same thing. But should I take my brother's word this time? He claims to want the best for me, still regrets what he did back then but isn't after my gf and is just informing what he and his friend saw. In addition, our relationship has been nothing but arguments over these past 3-4 months and she apparently seems to be busy on some days (she has already cancelled two dates), keeps saying that she's been working on double shifts.

I'll be seeing her sometime today. Should I go straight toward the confrontation route and ask her or do my own investigation?
You said you're OK now. Plus the friend saw it too??

I don't think I would go over there either, unless you DO plan to confront her. It doesn't have to be an angry confrontation. Just ask her if she was with Dude today on ________ Street at XX time. Her reaction will tell you what you need to know.

Old 06-11-2016, 12:45 PM

2,365 posts, read 2,152,009 times
She's your gf. Is it safe to say you both have discussed exclusivity?

Maybe ask her - nicely? Like, babe, my brother thought he saw you making out with some guy near where you park your car. Is he right?

Even if he is right, if you guys haven't discussed exclusivity then she didn't do anything wrong.

If the brother's friend doesn't even know your girl friend, but he's saying he saw it, Id be very suspicious.

If she denies it, is she worth giving her the benefit of the doubt?

Old 06-11-2016, 12:47 PM

6,234 posts, read 8,457,078 times
If you don't have trust, it's already over, move along and don't look back.

Old 06-11-2016, 01:16 PM

479 posts, read 432,471 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ConeyGirl52 View Post
She's your gf. Is it safe to say you both have discussed exclusivity?

Maybe ask her - nicely? Like, babe, my brother thought he saw you making out with some guy near where you park your car. Is he right?

Even if he is right, if you guys haven't discussed exclusivity then she didn't do anything wrong.

If the brother's friend doesn't even know your girl friend, but he's saying he saw it, Id be very suspicious.

If she denies it, is she worth giving her the benefit of the doubt?
I vote for this, too. Don't make an accusation... Inquire nicely. And, do... ask yourself if she's worth giving the benefit of doubt. Her response to your inquiry may give you the answer.
Good luck.

Old 06-11-2016, 01:44 PM

8,590 posts, read 12,369,474 times
What does your brother's past lousy thing to do to you have to do with today? Does he have any reason to lie about this? Does the friend have any reason to lie about it?

Go see her. In a calm voice, after a few minutes, say, "Hey, my friend saw you at xyz place. What were you doing there?" Follow up with, "He said he saw some guy get into your car." Listen and watch. It will tell you everything you need to know.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships