Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 05-24-2016, 08:41 PM

166 posts, read 135,404 times

Advertisements

I recently became single, and I am trying out dating apps and websites and have been talking to this one guy, who gave me this response in regards to sex and us dating in general.

Guy: "Ok, so no sex thing isn't a big deal, I'm very particular about who I sleep with so that doesn't bother me at all But it does raise alarms it makes me think that you may be someone who uses sexual things against people. I'm ok with no sex but sexual activities are something I'm not sure I can go without and if your someone to use that for control I'm not dealing with that. Also you not working means I will generally front the bill for everything and I assume you don't drive. I believe in gender equality.. the days of the alpha male supporter is gone... I'm not worried about money but I don't want to feel like I'm being used. It seems like just trying between us is going to cost me financially but you have nothing to lose.. and you sound like your kinda shopping around and I do not do that. I only focus on one person and how can I be assured you're not juggling people? Don't mean to be overly blunt.. I'm just a very straight forward person.. no surprises. If we go out. I'm probably paying. Also gas etc."

What do you think of his response?

Old 05-24-2016, 08:44 PM

1,481 posts, read 1,226,488 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mikumiku View Post
I recently became single, and I am trying out dating apps and websites and have been talking to this one guy, who gave me this response in regards to sex and us dating in general.

Guy: "Ok, so no sex thing isn't a big deal, I'm very particular about who I sleep with so that doesn't bother me at all But it does raise alarms it makes me think that you may be someone who uses sexual things against people. I'm ok with no sex but sexual activities are something I'm not sure I can go without and if your someone to use that for control I'm not dealing with that. Also you not working means I will generally front the bill for everything and I assume you don't drive. I believe in gender equality.. the days of the alpha male supporter is gone... I'm not worried about money but I don't want to feel like I'm being used. It seems like just trying between us is going to cost me financially but you have nothing to lose.. and you sound like your kinda shopping around and I do not do that. I only focus on one person and how can I be assured you're not juggling people? Don't mean to be overly blunt.. I'm just a very straight forward person.. no surprises. If we go out. I'm probably paying. Also gas etc."

It depends on what you wrote initially that warranted such a response. You've only given us half the story....

Old 05-24-2016, 08:46 PM

49,927 posts, read 59,975,596 times
I think he's on to you.

It's the same thing we've been telling you since you got here. You want someone who will drive every time, pay for everything, and not have sex.

Good luck finding someone to pull his weight AND yours.

Old 05-24-2016, 08:47 PM

4,380 posts, read 4,452,721 times
Based on your other posts, I'd say he has you pegged.

Old 05-24-2016, 08:51 PM

8,590 posts, read 12,355,682 times
My first reaction is why did he bother responding. Second reaction, he was pretty honest.

Old 05-24-2016, 08:59 PM

61,743 posts, read 87,194,708 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by rrah View Post
My first reaction is why did he bother responding. Second reaction, he was pretty honest.
^^^ This. And you don't seem to be a good catch. Get work and put your life in order. Otherwise it looks like you are a leech.
Every man will figure you out pretty fast.

Old 05-24-2016, 09:05 PM

48,534 posts, read 34,882,911 times
Wow, that's one smart guy. He pegged your 100%.
And check this out: FAQ
Moderator: Relationships Forum / Hawaii Forum / Dogs / Pets / Current Events

Old 05-25-2016, 08:22 AM

22,768 posts, read 30,745,293 times
Quote:

Red flags:

A) Generally poor sentence structure.

B) Use of the phrase "Alpha male"

C) Expects you to not date other men, before you're in an exclusive relationship

D) Makes a big deal about paying -- not just for the meal, but for gas, which is incredibly trivial

E) Generally critical attitude (e.g. chip on the shoulder)

Having said that, I think others bring up good points -- We don't know what triggered this response. What did you say to him that caused this? Did you deliver some kind of ultimatum about when and how the sex might go down?

Old 05-25-2016, 08:49 AM

20,764 posts, read 19,984,458 times
Quote:

That's what every normal guy would say/think about you and your "situation"

Old 05-25-2016, 08:50 AM

20,764 posts, read 19,984,458 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by le roi View Post

Having said that, I think others bring up good points -- We don't know what triggered this response. What did you say to him that caused this? Did you deliver some kind of ultimatum about when and how the sex might go down?
The only red flag here is the OP who has nothing to offer.

Doesn't work or wants to work.
Lives with parents.
No car. Doesn't drive.
No sex before marriage.
Wants bf to pay for everything.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships