Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 09-05-2016, 04:51 PM

52,283 posts, read 52,700,922 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by fleetiebelle View Post
But it's odd, though. If you think relationships are a trap and you want to be single forever, that's fine, then why hang out on a romantic relationship board and act all butthurt (as the kids say) when people don't agree with you or challenge your assumptions? It's a weird kind of internet masochism.
That's something I never got either, I've actually been calling out people that talk about how they never want to be in a relationship and sing from the rooftops about loving their freedom yet hang out on a relationships centric forum.

Last edited by Chowhound; 09-05-2016 at 04:59 PM..
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-05-2016, 04:52 PM

27,957 posts, read 39,785,719 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chowhound View Post
I agree about the recycling, lots of that going on for sure. Finally got rid of our buddy, I don't think he's been back for awhile now, he must have had about 5 or 6 different screennames with all of the coming back he did. He usually gave himself away with posting vids and all the macho chest thumping he couldn't resist doing. LOL
I'm sure he will weasel his way back in.
Quote:
Originally Posted by fleetiebelle View Post
But it's odd, though. If you think relationships are a trap and you want to be single forever, that's fine, then why hang out on a romantic relationship board and act all butthurt (as the kids say) when people don't agree with you and challenge your assumptions? It's a weird kind of internet masochism.
Their form of being a keyboard warrior. Or they are out to start a flame war... Or the creature that resides under a bridge.

Old 09-05-2016, 05:29 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by SD4020 View Post
I'm sure he will weasel his way back in.

Their form of being a keyboard warrior. Or they are out to start a flame war... Or the creature that resides under a bridge.
Don't get me started on the social justice warrior types. LOL. that's another subset of this hyper PC culture we live in now that I wanna strangle.

Someone FB posted a vid clip of a talk show host interviewing someone who happened to be a Mexican guy and this guy was talking about the border situation and he repeatedly used the term "illegal alien" and the talk show host got on his case about it. She even asked him to not use that term. Mrs. Chow and I both just looked at each and shook our head. Mrs. Chow is half Mexican and she said out loud "give me a break" when the lady said it. The guy didn't back down and keep using the term, I get that it doesn't sound pleasant and all, but words do matter.

The point is is this hyper-PC world and all of the social justice warriors out there it's gotten to the point where common sense has just up and left the building. We're in a weird time right now in American history. Not sure I'm totally digging the direction and tone of things. I'm not being chicken little here just sorta standing back and wondering if the plane is going to run into the mountain or not.....

Old 09-05-2016, 05:32 PM

4,005 posts, read 4,106,650 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chowhound View Post
That's something I never got either, I've actually been calling out people that talk about how they never want to be in a relationship and sing from the rooftops about loving their freedom yet hang out on a relationships centric forum.
Then there are people who believe what these guys are slinging, try to use that "wisdom" on a date, only to be left out in the cold. They wonder what is wrong with their date, since what they learned HAS to be true - it WAS on the internet after all.

Old 09-05-2016, 05:34 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by metamorphosis View Post
Then there are people who believe what these guys are slinging, try to use that "wisdom" on a date, only to be left out in the cold. They wonder what is wrong with their date, since what they learned HAS to be true - it WAS on the internet after all.

This whole "negging" thing that some men have learned from those websites is just silly as hell too.

Old 09-05-2016, 06:23 PM

7:23 sunset... This getting dark early is no fun.

Old 09-05-2016, 06:34 PM

9,196 posts, read 7,234,127 times
My 11-year-old started sobbing when the sun set today, because tomorrow is the first day of school. Poor kid.

Old 09-05-2016, 06:40 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ms.Mathlete View Post
My 11-year-old started sobbing when the sun set today, because tomorrow is the first day of school. Poor kid.
Yeah, when I was a kid I dreaded summer being over too. It's funny now as I've mentioned recently is that I'm really sorta diggin on fall the last couple of years, not enjoying the heat as much as I used to in the past. Once you're out in the work world "summer breaks" no longer apply.

Old 09-05-2016, 07:11 PM

9,196 posts, read 7,234,127 times
^^That's what I keep reminding him: kids have it made, going to school 36 weeks per year and having the rest off. Live it up instead of wasting time crying about it!!

As for summer the season, I was over that by early July, lol. The past few days have been chilly in our part of the island, but it'll be back up to 90 in a couple of days. Sigh.

Old 09-05-2016, 07:19 PM

I am ready to retire. Every day is a Saturday and summer vacation can be never ending.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships