Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 09-05-2016, 07:31 PM

52,269 posts, read 52,686,640 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ms.Mathlete View Post
^^That's what I keep reminding him: kids have it made, going to school 36 weeks per year and having the rest off. Live it up instead of wasting time crying about it!!

As for summer the season, I was over that by early July, lol. The past few days have been chilly in our part of the island, but it'll be back up to 90 in a couple of days. Sigh.
Yep.... it's easier said than done though, I know that I have a tendency to lament things coming up. We usually have "summer" till about the end of September early Oct can be nice too. It's definitely been cooling of at night and that's kind of the hint that summers winding down, when it cools off at nighttime.

Quote:
Originally Posted by SD4020 View Post
I am ready to retire. Every day is a Saturday and summer vacation can be never ending.
Yeah, having all this time off that I've had has certainly shown me that I'll be just fine in retirement. I won't miss work and I'll be ok. I'm getting close to making some phone calls and deciding which old employer I have to go back to. I didn't have as much luck with the new gig that I wanted, but I can still look while I'm working in the old job. I was just posting about this in some other threads. I have at least 15 yrs to go, that would put me at 62 and I can draw SS then and tap into my 401k as well, but I can't make it 15 yrs doing the same line of work I was doing before, I definitely have to see about a change.

Going back to work is gonna be really really really rough. Like taking a long vacation and that dread of Monday coming, but this is going to be like magnified by a million. LOL.

It would be nice to have money coming though and better medical insurance as well.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-05-2016, 07:35 PM

27,957 posts, read 39,779,820 times
I can go in 17 years at the earliest. Otherwise, I am aiming for 63. I've been adding more money in supplemental and plan to put more in to a Roth IRA.

Old 09-05-2016, 07:45 PM

16,225 posts, read 27,435,268 times
Quote:
Welcome to my weekend. At least I'm wearing pants. About to take the dog for a walk.
I haven't put on any pants since Friday afternoon and I like it. Got three foot massages this weekend, did some online class work, even grilled the rib eyes sans pants. I don't wanna, but I'll have to put some pants on tomorrow for work.
Quote:
Originally Posted by fleetiebelle View Post
Theoretically it's to honor the contributions of laborers, unions, working people, etc. Some communities have parades and events, but most people just have the day off and eat hot dogs, maybe go swimming, etc.
I'll take the day off whatever you wanna call it!
Quote:
Originally Posted by ratherbcrazycatlady View Post
SMV? Sexual market value...Hit The Wall?
What a man speaketh so he is. You will know them by their words.
(They're always ignorant enough to give themselves away)
Then they ask: What is MGTOW? What is Red Pill? What is the Men's Rights Movement?
When you call them out.
Silly boys.
I love when they signal their lack of any experience whatsoever with the opposite sex with these silly expressions. Does anyone take them with more than a grain of salt?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ms.Mathlete View Post
My 11-year-old started sobbing when the sun set today, because tomorrow is the first day of school. Poor kid.
My ten year old started class last week and she couldn't wait to see her friends again. My 23 year old well he didn't sob but he was definitely down in the dumps last week - he's taking physics chem and sociology all at once so I'm guessing there may be some sobbing come midterm time.

Old 09-05-2016, 08:48 PM

10,341 posts, read 5,866,286 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by DontH8Me View Post
I haven't put on any pants since Friday afternoon and I like it.

I love when they signal their lack of any experience whatsoever with the opposite sex with these silly expressions. Does anyone take them with more than a grain of salt?
You don't need pants for grillin'!
Yeah...there seem to be a couple of "them" trolling the threads tonight. Spewing disconnected
buzz words like White Night and Mangina. I never hear that out in the real world either.

Old 09-05-2016, 08:53 PM

Quote:
I can go in 17 years at the earliest. Otherwise, I am aiming for 63. I've been adding more money in supplemental and plan to put more in to a Roth IRA.
I keep meaning to looking into the Roth thing. My last company did add a Roth component to the 401k plan. I probably should look into it in the future. I just like the tax advantages of the traditional, but I guess you take a tax hit either way, at the end of the day.

Old 09-05-2016, 08:53 PM

19,429 posts, read 15,244,219 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ratherbcrazycatlady View Post
You don't pants for grillin'!
Yeah...there seem to be a couple of "them" trolling the threads tonight. Spewing disconnected
buzz words like White Night and Mangina. I never hear that out in the real world either.
Their meeting let out and they're all fired up.

Old 09-05-2016, 08:58 PM

27,957 posts, read 39,779,820 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chowhound View Post
I keep meaning to looking into the Roth thing. My last company did add a Roth component to the 401k plan. I probably should look into it in the future. I just like the tax advantages of the traditional, but I guess you take a tax hit either way, at the end of the day.
if all goes to plan I'll be set for life.

Old 09-05-2016, 09:09 PM

Quote:
if all goes to plan I'll be set for life.
That's good news. I saw some article saying that a huge number of people don't have 10k saved for their retirement. I couldn't imagine that. I've got a decent amount in my 401k account right now. When I do go back to work I'm gonna probably up my contribution rate a bit more. I'll try and just pound the 401k with money the next 15 years and hopefully we'll be ok. I'm sorta banking on selling our place in the future and using the proceeds to get a smaller home somewhere else and hopefully bank a few bucks too, but we'll see.

All of the retirement stuff I read says to work as long as you can before drawing on SS, but IDK, I know that at 62 you can get a reduced benefit but I figure with no house payment a solid 401k and two SS incomes til I get to 67 then I'll have a separate pension also kick in. I'm thinking we'll be ok. I'm also kicking around the idea of working part time at some low end job when I'm 62, if my health holds out. Working 15 to 18 hours a week doesn't sound bad, gets you out of the house and adds a few bucks to the monthly pot too.

my 401k provider keeps wanting to schedule a sit down to go over my stuff and other financial planning as well. I think I'll take him up on it at some point.

Old 09-06-2016, 01:20 PM

4,005 posts, read 4,105,782 times
Okay, sorry to be off-topic, but I figured this house was the last place is move before the cemetery. But I'm getting freakin' tired of the heat & humidity. I want to go someplace chilly!!!! (What I call "snuggle weather".)

Old 09-06-2016, 02:42 PM

4,005 posts, read 4,105,782 times
Dear Walgreens:

I refuse to pay $15 for a little bottle of sunscreen that passed its expiration LAST MONTH. I didn't fall off the turnip truck yesterday.

Sincerely,
Morph
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships