Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 07-16-2022, 01:37 AM

4,043 posts, read 2,713,819 times

Advertisements

Ugh. Tested positive for Covid today. The rest of the family is good so far though.... thank goodness!

Let the isolation in my room commence.

Hope everyone has a good weekend!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-16-2022, 08:04 AM

29,750 posts, read 34,415,700 times
Hope you feel better soon, mlj!

My 80-something parents both had it last week. They just felt under the weather, but my mom was champing at the bit to go run errands for some reason. My sisters and I were on the phone with her daily, reminding her that isolation means isolation.

Old 07-16-2022, 11:12 AM

11,163 posts, read 7,974,219 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mlj1225 View Post
Ugh. Tested positive for Covid today. The rest of the family is good so far though.... thank goodness!

Sorry to hear this, and hope you feel better soon.

Last edited by Sydney123; 07-16-2022 at 11:25 AM..

Old 07-16-2022, 07:37 PM

Thanks to both of you! I took another test to be sure and yes, positive.

I am resting and, in my room, to isolate.

Old 07-16-2022, 11:28 PM

17,639 posts, read 22,653,975 times
Quote:

I hope your feeling much better quickly, mlj. Get plenty of rest & have some nourishing food.

Old 07-17-2022, 02:30 PM

4,033 posts, read 3,311,374 times
I hope you are feeling better mlj! My nephew just gave my brother covid, and another brother got it 10 days ago, so it seems to be going around. For what it is worth, everyone said initially they felt awful for a couple of days, but that went away quickly. So hopefully you will recover quickly too.

Old 07-18-2022, 08:52 AM

20,398 posts, read 14,683,356 times
I will join in to say that I hope you feel better quickly! I am kinda generally hopeful that we're getting to "endemic" conditions with this thing...where it'll be like a cold, people will get it but hopefully not be hospitalized so much, or die, or have long term complications. That's really been the one that worried me all along Like the company I work for, and various news outlets, had these stats about cases, hospitalization, and mortality all along, but no one was talking so much about the numbers on who was getting longer term problems. "Long Covid."

My sons both have it right now, which really sucks because they are supposed to be moving out of their apartment at the end of this month. So I hope that they are fully recovered pretty quickly.

Old 07-18-2022, 04:13 PM

Thanks all!

I firmly believe the vaccine aided in me not getting super sick. Just feel exhausted with a slight cough and congestion. I will test again on Wednesday after my 5 days in my room.

Old 07-19-2022, 04:42 PM

4,005 posts, read 4,108,969 times
Take care yourself, mlj.

A friend of mine tested positive around the same time you did and has only felt tired. I think the vaccination helped as well.

Old 07-20-2022, 05:45 PM

16,225 posts, read 27,444,467 times
Quote:
Thanks all!

I firmly believe the vaccine aided in me not getting super sick. Just feel exhausted with a slight cough and congestion. I will test again on Wednesday after my 5 days in my room.
I hope you're feeling better by now. I was double vaxxed and boosted, and I still ended up getting the 'rona from one of my students a few weeks ago. I didn't notice exhaustion or body aches, no fever, but the congestion was terrible. It brought on the third time in my life experiencing plastic bronchitis. Oh lord, if you don't know what it is don't google it. I called my doc and she got me a prescription for that new experimental drug, which flipped the switch almost overnight. I'm already back to work.

Quote:
Originally Posted by metamorphosis View Post
Take care yourself, mlj.

A friend of mine tested positive around the same time you did and has only felt tired. I think the vaccination helped as well.
I am so glad for your friend. Initially, the first few days, my symptoms were barely there. I just felt a little scratchy part in the back of my throat. I hope your friend's symptoms didn't worsen.

I now realize I shouldn't have put off getting the second booster when I was green lighted. I got the first booster in late Nov or early Dec, and when my daughter came down with covid in March, both my son and I remained negative the whole time despite sharing common areas in our home. (Daughter was late with getting her booster.) I was due to get my second booster, and since it has me down for the count for a week, I was trying to put it off until after I finished teaching summer school. I see now that was a big mistake.

I'm just really relieved I didn't contract the virus when it was far more deadly. As a single parent, I have been pretty stressed about avoiding exposure since April 2020. Now I'm just hopeful I don't get it again.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships