Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Celebrating Memorial Day!
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 12-10-2020, 03:37 PM

4,043 posts, read 2,713,819 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by RbccL View Post
From my experience in dealing with people suffering from schizophrenia’s outward appearance, I think your instincts are right. As you know, this is the age it may present, if ever. The thing about the behaviors and medication is what really needs to be cemented into a daily routine for things to get stable. He may have had medication trials, but there may ultimately have to be close observation of him actually consuming the meds on schedule, daily.

Unfortunately this seems to be the struggle you face between independence and control. He won’t be able to practice and experience authentic independence until the levels of prescribed medication are reached and continued on a consistent basis every day. Until then, it’s just going to be “puzzling episodes”. IMO.

Good luck to you as well!
Good stuff here!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-10-2020, 03:59 PM

2,227 posts, read 1,406,083 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by timberline742 View Post
I have yet to really see any left wing extremism. They're very tepid in general.

But, I'm not surprised about this forum not shutting that down. This has always been a very right leaning (nah, not leaning, firmly right wing) forum and is uh... hmmmn... overseen with that mindset.
Regardless of your politics, it is never correct to declare war on your own citizens. How is that ever the right thing to do ? How can any US citizen ever support that mindset ? It’s essentially co-signing with treason and murder, both of which are immoral and against US law. Threads that co-sign with tearing a country apart are a security threat.

Old 12-10-2020, 03:59 PM

10,341 posts, read 5,871,783 times
Quote:
I have yet to really see any left wing extremism. They're very tepid in general.

But, I'm not surprised about this forum not shutting that down. This has always been a very right leaning (nah, not leaning, firmly right wing) forum and is uh... hmmmn... overseen with that mindset.
I think a part of that may be the willingness to 'report' any comments seen as violating the TOS from one side vs the other. That's all I'll say about it, as we know, one reason we like the CDR chat is because it's pointless. Errr I mean not so controversial.

Old 12-10-2020, 04:03 PM

41,936 posts, read 36,995,252 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by FrozenI69 View Post
Regardless of your politics, it is never correct to declare war on your own citizens. How is that ever the right thing to do ? How can any US citizen ever support that mindset ? It’s essentially co-signing with treason and murder, both of which are immoral and against US law.

I don't disagree with you at all.

Old 12-10-2020, 04:46 PM

11,163 posts, read 7,974,219 times
Andre wanted to order some wireless ear buds for his dad for Christmas like the ones I have. I told him to just look at our past orders and re-order another set. So he’s looking at past orders and he says, did you know that in 2020 YOU placed orders from Amazon.... 73 times.
I am thinking about getting him his own account. Lol

Old 12-10-2020, 04:57 PM

Quote:

Quote:
Originally Posted by RbccL View Post
I think a part of that may be the willingness to 'report' any comments seen as violating the TOS from one side vs the other. That's all I'll say about it, as we know, one reason we like the CDR chat is because it's pointless. Errr I mean not so controversial.
Yeah, I like it here too because of that . Time to watch some Jaw Tooth Y’all. Live action with trains hauling load through the hills of Ohio and West Virginia .

Last edited by FrozenI69; 12-10-2020 at 05:13 PM..

Old 12-10-2020, 05:15 PM

4,043 posts, read 2,713,819 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sydney123 View Post
andre wanted to order some wireless ear buds for his dad for christmas like the ones i have. I told him to just look at our past orders and re-order another set. So he’s looking at past orders and he says, did you know that in 2020 you placed orders from amazon.... 73 times.
i am thinking about getting him his own account. lol
lol! :d

Old 12-10-2020, 05:33 PM

4,088 posts, read 2,565,786 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by FrozenI69 View Post
Yeah, I like it here too because of that . Time to watch some Jaw Tooth Y’all. Live action with trains hauling load through the hills of Ohio and West Virginia .
Thanks! Now I have to go and check this out to see if there any clips of a train rolling through my hilly home county!

The village next to the town where I grew up was a railroad town. The depot now operates as a museum (it was a major stop with a canteen during the war years) and restaurant, but the tracks are still in active use.

This time of year, they usually have vintage trains on the rails for The Polar Express. Like so many other things, it cancelled this year, though.

Old 12-11-2020, 07:12 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sydney123 View Post
Andre wanted to order some wireless ear buds for his dad for Christmas like the ones I have. I told him to just look at our past orders and re-order another set. So he’s looking at past orders and he says, did you know that in 2020 YOU placed orders from Amazon.... 73 times.
I am thinking about getting him his own account. Lol
If my GF saw my credit card account, she would bust me for getting too much imported whiskey, Artisan bread and chocolate cake with cherries on top .
I just ate, and now I’m feeling hungry again . I’m going to try and bake lasagna this weekend.

Old 12-11-2020, 08:54 AM

26,700 posts, read 41,763,058 times
Just got my results back and I have tested negative for Covid and have mostly (90%) recovered. I took being able to just walk around without getting for granted and that was the worst. But glad I can get back into normal life.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships