Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-23-2016, 12:35 PM

6,806 posts, read 4,908,708 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shimmy00 View Post
Boyfriend randomly points out "flaws" but then acts concerned if I get annoyed? today randomly just asked me why my face was red. I looked and just my cheeks were red because I have a natural flush. I got annoyed and he said "oh I was just concerned maybe you were itchy". Wouldn't it make more sense to just ask why I'm itchy then? Does this sound like bull**** to you? (He has acne prone skin so I feel like maybe he's secretly jealous of my clear skin so he tries to find "flaws" in it to make himself feel better).
Also, this is not the first time he's done it (can't think of any other examples off the top of my head but I just know he's done it before pointing out random things on my face or hair etc)
Are you secure with your looks?

Telling you that your face is red is nothing unless he knows that you are insecure with your looks.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-23-2016, 10:28 PM

579 posts, read 555,914 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by earslikeacat View Post
That isn.t love or even concern: it.s fault-finding.
Did ur dad do it to you when you were young?
Find a different guy to date, one who is truly concerned when warranted. Re-think that pock-face fool.
Hmm. No my dad never did it. I've never dated anyone like this either really. The other time he insulted me, I talked to him about it so I thought he understood it was offensive and not to comment on my appearance again. Guess not.

Old 07-23-2016, 10:30 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Just A Guy View Post
Are you secure with your looks?

Telling you that your face is red is nothing unless he knows that you are insecure with your looks.
It's not about being secure or not, its just rude to point out. It's like me asking him "why do you have a pimple?" It's rude therefore I wouldnt do it. It's called human decency not to pick out random things about people's appearances. If anything you could argue that him nitpicking someone else's looks shows HIS insecurity.

Old 07-24-2016, 03:03 AM

65 posts, read 70,115 times
OP,

May it be possible that perhaps you may be overthinking this? The reason I ask is because if it were me (and I did see your face to be mildly red opposed to other days) I would be concerned and asked if you're feeling okay. Of course, I wouldn't ask to make you insecure but out of concern. I think that perhaps you may be overlooking and over thinking this situation and think he has some personal vendetta out against you. Folks in this thread as well. We must gather the facts first before saying "yeah, he's doing that due to his own personal issues".

Old 07-24-2016, 04:31 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bacui View Post
OP,

May it be possible that perhaps you may be overthinking this? The reason I ask is because if it were me (and I did see your face to be mildly red opposed to other days) I would be concerned and asked if you're feeling okay. Of course, I wouldn't ask to make you insecure but out of concern. I think that perhaps you may be overlooking and over thinking this situation and think he has some personal vendetta out against you. Folks in this thread as well. We must gather the facts first before saying "yeah, he's doing that due to his own personal issues".
Before this situation he has insulted my facial features bluntly. Definitely not out of concern there. I talked to him about it and he claimed he didn't mean anything by joking about my features. I'm calling bull sh*t on that tbh. And with this situation- If he was concerned I'm wondering why he didn't communicate it better. He could've said are you ok but he automatically mentions my appearance which I find weird and some other people seem to think so if you read every post. I'm thinking this is the last straw for me as it's not the first time he did this. He's done it a few times - my nose, chin, etc. claimed he was "joking"

Old 07-24-2016, 05:52 AM

10,379 posts, read 10,919,333 times
There's reasons your face could be red. You could be running a fever? You could be embarrassed? Makeup? He's just asking a question, lady. Lighten up. If you're going to jump down a guys face for asking a simple question, then it tells us a lot more about you than it does him.

Old 07-24-2016, 07:35 AM

23,173 posts, read 26,202,662 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by augiedogie View Post
There's reasons your face could be red. You could be running a fever? You could be embarrassed? Makeup? He's just asking a question, lady. Lighten up. If you're going to jump down a guys face for asking a simple question, then it tells us a lot more about you than it does him.
You aren't reading her posts very well

Old 07-24-2016, 09:08 AM

6,806 posts, read 4,908,708 times
He needs to break up with you ASAP.

Old 07-24-2016, 09:14 AM

102,211 posts, read 107,931,771 times
Quote:
Before this situation he has insulted my facial features bluntly. Definitely not out of concern there. I talked to him about it and he claimed he didn't mean anything by joking about my features. I'm calling bull sh*t on that tbh. And with this situation- If he was concerned I'm wondering why he didn't communicate it better. He could've said are you ok but he automatically mentions my appearance which I find weird and some other people seem to think so if you read every post. I'm thinking this is the last straw for me as it's not the first time he did this. He's done it a few times - my nose, chin, etc. claimed he was "joking"
Why are you still with this guy?

Old 07-24-2016, 09:20 AM

102,211 posts, read 107,931,771 times
Quote:
It was definitely framed as nit picking. I still don't even know if he was truly concerned or just being passive aggressive. And not first time he's done it. I've made it clear it annoyed me even before this. So I'm thinking maybe it's just something he can't help. Maybe he's just an overly critical person. This is really hard for me because I don't want to be with someone like this...but thinking of ending it makes me sad.. He is a decent person other than this issue :/
Usually there's more to being together as a couple than thinking your partner is a decent person. You don't say you're in love with him, you only say he's a decent person.

You've told him you don't like his comments and jokes about your appearance. He hasn't changed his behavior. One would conclude from that that he doesn't care about your feelings. Doesn't sound very decent. Instead of feeling sad over the thought of breaking up with him, look forward to meeting someone who thinks you're the greatest thing since sliced bread, and doesn't have issues with your appearance.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships