Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 07-23-2016, 12:07 PM

6,806 posts, read 4,908,708 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Snowball7 View Post
When 40%+ of households (2013) have a leading breadwinner that is a woman,
and women have 50% of the jobs, there is no clear line between the roles
of the sexes anymore.
It's no longer the norm to even refer to the dichotomy as "sexes", but "genders".

This has created problems in relationships, expectations and the family itself.
It has made everything better with many more options and oportunities.

Old 07-23-2016, 12:09 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by 49ersfan27 View Post
Dating hasn't gone downhill but it has changed. There are more ways to meet people and yet somehow men struggle, won't say women struggle because I believe they can meet anyone.
"Men" don't struggle any more than they ever have. Socially awkward men have never done that great and still don't do very well. Nothing has changed for the rest of "men" other than they have many more options.

Old 07-23-2016, 12:11 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Dissenter View Post
Women struggle to find the RIGHT opportunity, men struggle to get ANY opportunity.
Socially awkward men, bitter men, ,men with mommy issues, and men who don't want to take responsibility are the ones who struggle to get any opportunity. The majority of guys who have half a clue are fine.

Old 07-23-2016, 12:12 PM

What's funny is listening to the clueless 20 something guys talk about how dating was somehow better in the past when they weren't even there.

Talk about not having a clue.

Old 07-23-2016, 12:16 PM

15,675 posts, read 11,529,594 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by CosmoStars View Post
Mate I think most of the guys in this forum should be out looking for a lady instead of complaining here no?
LOL!......

One or two shall we say

Old 07-23-2016, 12:16 PM

7,400 posts, read 6,371,533 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by dcarney View Post
I've said this in many thread: dating as a man is about sales.

From what I've seen, the men that are not successful:

1) Don't understand this fact
2) Simply don't understand their target market.

Also, different subsets of women will want different things. For example, you will need to market yourself differently to a 22 year old that you meet in a bar than you would to a 29 year old that just finished medical school.

I do think that some men struggle with this idea because it was much easier in the past when women were more subservient. As a whole, they were more likely to be looking for the same things at all age (stability, kindness, signs of a good provider).

And, yes, I am a believer that women could pretty much get what they want without having to market themselves, place themselves in specific situations to meet people, etc. Dating as a whole is more difficult and more complex for men than it is for women.

I remember, when I was younger, I used to basically do the shotgun approach: hit on every woman I saw and hope for the best. It worked because of the sheer number of women I approached. Now, I understand how to market myself better and I'm far more specific and choosy about who I will approach and in what context.

I feel like this is something that women don't have to think about.
Yeah... not so much. Having options is not the same thing as finding the right match or compatible partner. I absolutely wouldn't have been able to get what I want, a truly compatible match, without putting in the effort and marketing myself to a specific audience -- my type.

Old 07-23-2016, 12:20 PM

102,213 posts, read 107,931,771 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Metaphysique View Post
Yeah... not so much. Having options is not the same thing as finding the right match or compatible partner. I absolutely wouldn't have been able to get what I want, a truly compatible match, without putting in the effort and marketing myself to a specific audience -- my type.
This. It takes effort on everyone's part; it's not really that different for men than for most women.

Old 07-23-2016, 12:25 PM

1,637 posts, read 1,346,618 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Just A Guy View Post
What's funny is listening to the clueless 20 something guys talk about how dating was somehow better in the past when they weren't even there.

Talk about not having a clue.
Whats also funny is these dudes who complain are too busy complaining here on this thread when they could be either be busy looking for a lady out there ;p

Old 07-23-2016, 12:26 PM

5,182 posts, read 5,253,359 times
Politically-correctness. What were harmless flirtations in the 50s, 60s, and 70s became sexual harassment in later decades. Worked at a large Federal agency '67-'97 and by the '80s and '90s, females comprised 75% of the work force. Yet in those later yrs. guys walked on egg shells and everyone was uptight. Not so in earlier years when flirtations, parties, and other social events were commonplace. Met my future wife there.

And then there is the reality of female dependency of the past. Women didn't have the educational and employment opportunities in earlier years and were therefore more dependent on males, not to mention societal expectations that they be "homemakers."

Old 07-23-2016, 12:28 PM

273 posts, read 209,498 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Metaphysique View Post
Correct me if I'm wrong, but I remember you saying that all you needed to do was go online and go on multiple dates before selecting a mate of your choice.

Very different from the kind of effort that men have to put in to get a woman they actually want. Trust me, I've done it.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships