Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 07-23-2016, 05:05 PM

8,923 posts, read 7,737,185 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by jma501 View Post
I am neither jealous nor spiteful as a matter of fact I have had quite a few women friends over the years.
But no relationship.

I'm not sure what the issue is, but to a lot of people you DO come off as angry. Anytime someone talks about success or lack there of you never fail to bring up your friend in a passive aggressive manner. I've seen your posts for a few years and it's becoming more and more apparent.

You say you never had a relationship because women weren't interested, yet you never took the initiative or took the time to see for yourself. A woman shouldn't have to throw herself at you for you to get the message. You are not your friend. You are you. You chose not to see any signs, you chose to do nothing. I'm not sure why you refuse to see that.

It appears you have confidence issues and seem to be fearful of rejection. Despite you saying that is not the case, your posts say otherwise. I'm not the first to say this. I believe you do want a relationship but in order to get one you need to be honest with yourself.

Not being mean. But we can tell you're not happy.

Old 07-23-2016, 05:19 PM

11,864 posts, read 17,021,474 times
Finding your person isn't supposed to be easy. I'm not sure why people think they're owed that.

Now that I'm settled, I look back at all the difficult dates and experiences I had and I'm glad for the memories. Life would be boring if it were perfect.

Old 07-23-2016, 05:23 PM

5,353 posts, read 5,800,651 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 49ersfan27 View Post
Dating hasn't gone downhill but it has changed. There are more ways to meet people and yet somehow men struggle, won't say women struggle because I believe they can meet anyone.
^THIS. It has gone downhill in the age of internet dating, where if a woman finds one small thing about you she doesn't like, she just scrolls to the next guy. Its impossible to get a woman's attention these days. They juggle so many guys. It wasn't easy, but it was easier in the 90's to date. So much easier for women. Doesn't matter how much money you have (well, that shouldn't matter), how good looking you are, values, etc., as a man. Its useless these days.

Old 07-23-2016, 05:32 PM

15,675 posts, read 11,550,565 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Atlguy39 View Post
^THIS. It has gone downhill in the age of internet dating, where if a woman finds one small thing about you she doesn't like, she just scrolls to the next guy. Its impossible to get a woman's attention these days. They juggle so many guys. It wasn't easy, but it was easier in the 90's to date. So much easier for women. Doesn't matter how much money you have (well, that shouldn't matter), how good looking you are, values, etc., as a man. Its useless these days.
It's a decent point and seems most valid for online dating but what about in person?

I'm sure if you were to get talking to someone in person they wouldn't pull out a check list and tick off her requirements in a bloke mate , but seriously that's when they take you as they find you and depending on how you come across, the impression you make is totally in your hands .... Which I love if honest

Old 07-23-2016, 05:39 PM

52,348 posts, read 52,808,634 times
Quote:

I think you are probably right to a degree. I think women have the advantage in quantity but they still face the same challenges as men when it comes to an actual true connection and match up.

Old 07-23-2016, 05:39 PM

547 posts, read 940,333 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Raena77 View Post
It's called get out and social. If I'm a hermit I don't meet people.
That's pretty much me. However I honestly don't care. I'll get out when I want to to go see a movie or something like that. I did get up this morning to run 5 miles with a running group. Of course everybody became scattered as we got going.

Old 07-23-2016, 05:41 PM

5,353 posts, read 5,800,651 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Londoncowboy30 View Post
It's a decent point and seems most valid for online dating but what about in person?

I'm sure if you were to get talking to someone in person they wouldn't pull out a check list and tick off her requirements in a bloke mate , but seriously that's when they take you as they find you and depending on how you come across, the impression you make is totally in your hands .... Which I love if honest
Yeah, but its hard to meet women out in public. First, I don't just approach, but even if I did, they're in a hurry or will look at you weird. Its just so unusual these days anyway and a lot of women don't want to be approached. Makes no difference here where I live, as every attractive woman I see out is married or with a guy.

Old 07-23-2016, 05:42 PM

30,902 posts, read 33,052,089 times
Quote:
But she "scrolled by" in the old days, too. She just didn't use a computer or phone to do it. People passed on each other in the old days for reasons the rejected found ridiculous just like they do today. "I didn't like his voice." "She's so close to perfect but I instant get past wanting a really tall girl." "I don't like what his company manufactures." "Her friends are just too annoying." "He revs his car so loudly, I just feel lifeboats a sign that he might be too macho." Seriously STUPID stuff, just like today.

Old 07-23-2016, 05:44 PM

15,074 posts, read 10,132,950 times
I noticed some men hide behind OLD profiles rather than learn how to approach and move on. It may sound harsh but it seems to "stunt" their growth in the dating. Reminds me of the middle school days when the boys would stay to one side of the dance hall and the girls to the other. At some point you were forced to take a leap and ask someone... these days OLD seems to give an excuse to avoid it.

I once went out clubbing with a bunch of my coworkers who were much younger than I and single. I couldn't believe how shy they were to talk to women. Heck, I had no problems mingling but being married changes the mindset.. there is no fear of rejection... living in the moment.

Similarly, women are presented with so many options on OLD that it increases their expectations and indecisions. The same phenomenon is observed in retail sales. Present too many options to the customer doesn't translate to more sales but often less sales.

Old 07-23-2016, 05:45 PM

15,675 posts, read 11,550,565 times
Quote:
Yeah, but its hard to meet women out in public. First, I don't just approach, but even if I did, they're in a hurry or will look at you weird. Its just so unusual these days anyway and a lot of women don't want to be approached. Makes no difference here where I live, as every attractive woman I see out is married or with a guy.
So you are only using online?

As for in a hurry or look at you weird lmao..... It might be the timing or the environment you try it?

Incidentally is this the same city where you were taking dance lessons? ..... Samba or tango i think? There was a woman you were chasing then I'm sure?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships