Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-25-2016, 02:43 AM

8 posts, read 5,490 times

Advertisements

I've had sex with between 65 and 75 guys. I've never been interested in settling down until now. I think honesty is one of the most important things in a relationship which is why I have never nor will I ever lie about my past. I don't want to spend years of my life with someone and always wondering whether or not they would accept me if they knew.

However every single guy that I meet now is instantly turned off when I tell them. It's been suggested to me that I should go back to some of the guys that I had sex with and see what happens. I suppose it might be a good idea seeing as they obviously had no problem with me being promiscuous, but then again maybe the reason for that is that it was just sex.

So what should I do? Should I keep trying to meet new people, or should I call some of my old FWBs / FBs and see if I can get something started with them?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-25-2016, 03:10 AM

16,959 posts, read 17,375,666 times
What makes you believe that any of your former fwb/fb would want to settle down?

Last edited by hawaiiancoconut; 07-25-2016 at 04:06 AM..

Old 07-25-2016, 03:16 AM

23,175 posts, read 26,243,841 times
To let new guys know you're not a virgin is one thing but why do you think you have to give them numbers?
A clean medical report might be more important.

Old 07-25-2016, 03:34 AM

579 posts, read 557,301 times
Don't give numbers. If your number is higher than the man's, well, MANY men are insecure about this. I made the mistake of telling an insecure man my number and he berated me and called me names. And my number was not much higher than his. Just don't do it. If they ask just say the past isn't relevant and move on.

Old 07-25-2016, 04:36 AM

15,675 posts, read 11,551,953 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by cangrejo View Post
I've had sex with between 65 and 75 guys. I've never been interested in settling down until now. I think honesty is one of the most important things in a relationship which is why I have never nor will I ever lie about my past. I don't want to spend years of my life with someone and always wondering whether or not they would accept me if they knew.

However every single guy that I meet now is instantly turned off when I tell them. It's been suggested to me that I should go back to some of the guys that I had sex with and see what happens. I suppose it might be a good idea seeing as they obviously had no problem with me being promiscuous, but then again maybe the reason for that is that it was just sex.

So what should I do? Should I keep trying to meet new people, or should I call some of my old FWBs / FBs and see if I can get something started with them?

I completely get this as I'm the same pretty much.... And most of my experience is in the same capacity

I know it's awful to be judged....I'm honest and up front myself as even though I am a few will jump to their own conclusions and label me a player, womaniser, can't keep a steady relationship, has commitment issues etc etc which is wrong and genuinely enjoy my freeedom.

My best advice would be ( assuming you are worried about telling them your number of partners ) make a joke of it when asked such as " enough to know what I'm doing " or " well the more we have sex the more chance you've got of guessing " sort of thing ( believe me it WORKS )

End of the day my love if they are too concerned about your past and they don't take you by face value then quite simply they are not worth YOUR time

Old FB or FWB would be fun again and they may struggle to take you seriously, but as you are clearly able to meet people .... New people = a new life

Old 07-25-2016, 05:18 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Londoncowboy30 View Post
Old FB or FWB would be fun again and they may struggle to take you seriously
Why would they not take me seriously? They're the ones that had no problem with it.

Old 07-25-2016, 05:19 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shimmy00 View Post
Don't give numbers. If your number is higher than the man's, well, MANY men are insecure about this. I made the mistake of telling an insecure man my number and he berated me and called me names. And my number was not much higher than his. Just don't do it. If they ask just say the past isn't relevant and move on.
The last thing I want is to be with someone who is going to have a problem, which is why it's best to mention it at some point, so they know, and so I know where I stand. I'd hate to think that I could waste 10, 15 or 20 years with someone who is incompatible with me.

Old 07-25-2016, 05:31 AM

15,675 posts, read 11,551,953 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by cangrejo View Post
Why would they not take me seriously? They're the ones that had no problem with it.
Because after that kind of relationship it's easy to assume or think it's the same thing as settling down if you see what I mean?

That's been my experience anyway... It can work as my last relationship was with someone I was in a FWB with first but others I've know no.

Do you have any indication from any of them that they would want a full blown relationship?

EDIT: also who suggested you should go back to an ex?

Last edited by Londoncowboy30; 07-25-2016 at 05:42 AM..

Old 07-25-2016, 05:32 AM

25,901 posts, read 42,751,518 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by hawaiiancoconut View Post
What makes you believe that any of your former fwb/fb would want to settle down?
Agreed.

Old 07-25-2016, 05:37 AM

25,901 posts, read 42,751,518 times
How does this come up every single time anyway? I've never been asked my number, and neither have many of the female posters here. Lots of male posters here don't ask or want to know. Do the guys you date ask you, or do you blurt it out at some inopportune time? Do you tell them before or after sex?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships