Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-27-2016, 10:30 PM

733 posts, read 603,248 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ruth4Truth View Post
He said he was from the United Arab Emirates. What were you going to say about religion?
At least he is likely to be filthy rich, lol.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-28-2016, 07:36 AM

95 posts, read 82,626 times
[quote=oh-eve;44916587]I am also talking about romantic relations.

Maybe yes maybe not but for me it became the world's different than before

I watch only movies and YouTube but I do not know about the real situation in America so much

I think the background of any person, religion is not very important in the United States because many people religion in the United States do not like to talk in religion that's what I heard from a lot, especially in the state such as California are considered the most open and the most diversity

* We Arabs, especially looks like , such as the Turks and Italians and Spaniards and Mexican

I am from United Arab Emirates

Old 07-28-2016, 07:42 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chowhound View Post
Sure, anything is possible. Good luck.
thanks my dear

Old 07-28-2016, 07:45 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Steve McDonald View Post
Plug-in and you'll be able to understand each other better.
That's what made me travel to the study of language

Old 07-28-2016, 08:08 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bayesian View Post
No I'm not, but the difference is that our government is very gracious and supports students and supports everything that specializes in education

And also we do not have taxes

Old 07-28-2016, 11:17 AM

20,764 posts, read 19,976,767 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by zentropa View Post
Depends. Are you a sexy Frenchman? Spanish lothario? Strapping young Norseman?

If you're just a random Asian guy you might have a problem.
I think Arab falls more likely into the random Asian guy category despite not having taxes.

Not meant as an offense, just being realistic.

Old 07-28-2016, 12:16 PM

102,211 posts, read 107,931,771 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bayesian View Post
He said his gov't is paying for the classes and living expenses.

I see why there seems to be a reading comprehension problem here; the OP has a thread up on the California forum where he's posted more info than on this thread. My apologies to eve and Bayesian.

OP, you'll be in the US for a year or more? I ask, because making friends and developing a relationship takes time. It's hard to find people you have something in common with. Even some Americans struggle with this. So you have to be patient. Don't get your hopes up too high.

Regarding the comments about the chances for a "random Asian guy", I wouldn't consider the OP to be Asian, exactly. There are a lot of people located in what is technically Asia who are not Asiatic in type. All those Iranians and Afghans, for example, are members of the Indo-European family, as are most Turks, and look like us. I wouldn't categorize them as "Asian". And then there are the Semitic peoples, like the OP. Asia is a very diverse and fascinating place, as I'm sure everyone knows.
A lot depends on personality, OP. But you have to give these things time, as well.

Last edited by Ruth4Truth; 07-28-2016 at 12:45 PM..

Old 07-28-2016, 12:26 PM

20,764 posts, read 19,976,767 times
Somebody said if he is just a random Asian guy, he might have issues (indicating that Asians are less popular than hot frenchmen).

I said, Arab falls more into the Asian guy group because Arabs are not very popular amongst American women as far as I know. I didn't mean that Arabs are all demographically Asians.

Old 07-28-2016, 12:42 PM

102,211 posts, read 107,931,771 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by oh-eve View Post
Somebody said if he is just a random Asian guy, he might have issues (indicating that Asians are less popular than hot frenchmen).

I said, Arab falls more into the Asian guy group because Arabs are not very popular amongst American women as far as I know. I didn't mean that Arabs are all demographically Asians.
Probably, French or Scandinavian guys would get more attention, true, but a lot still boils down to personality and ability to break the ice and be friendly with people. I've read so much on the SF forum about the huge influx of techies to the city, and how unfriendly people have become, that I wonder if it would be easy for anyone there. The OP is considering San Francisco for his destination. I kind of like his enthusiasm, though.

Old 07-28-2016, 12:52 PM

29,746 posts, read 34,396,829 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ruth4Truth View Post
Probably, French or Scandinavian guys would get more attention, true, but a lot still boils down to personality and ability to break the ice and be friendly with people.
That's true, but I do think that some women might be wary of a man from a culture that doesn't have the most progressive attitude toward women.

That said, people are generally pretty patient with someone whose language fluency isn't the greatest, but if there are a lot of difficulties communicating and understanding each other, that might not be a problem that can be overcome.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships