Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-27-2016, 12:38 PM

95 posts, read 82,626 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bayesian View Post
It depends.

It doesn't matter if you are a model like Ivana Trump.

Women don't even tolerate grammatical and spelling errors. English proficiency is required.
Yes, and this is what makes me greatly underestimate the type of girl that i will find her
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-27-2016, 12:41 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Missy2U View Post
I'm sure we can give you an absolute, one size fits all answer because as EVERYBODY knows, all women are the same. Just as all Americans are the same and are JUST like we're portrayed n videos and movies.

It depends on the woman!

True I think that luck plays an important role in this matter

But I do not think that all amirecan girls have the same thinking

Old 07-27-2016, 12:46 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by oh-eve View Post
I experienced North American's as one of the contries who are the nicest to foreigners.

Language was never a problem here for me, people are usually even too polite to correct me when I mispronounce words. They are excited to hear about foreigners habits and culture and are very tolerant.

However, what is much more important is the culture - that might be a reason why you will not have a good relationship. Just because people may look the same as you, racially, doesn't mean they behave similarly. A lesson that I had to learn and still chewing on it. I find it VERY tough to date Americans generally.
Very nice words

But I mean in romantic relationships and not in public relations

Unless you have a very distinctive described the girl sticks to make your lot and not considering the language barrier like to be very rich or very handsome or famous

But public relations I think it is not important to know how fluently

Old 07-27-2016, 12:49 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by usayit View Post

Because for the most part, we are all foreigners in bloodline. It really depends on the location.

I've lived in certain areas of the South that weren't all friendly if you didn't blend in... language, mix race relationships... any excuse to single a person out.

Yes... I also agree, that cultural differences often play a bigger role in relationships than language. Coming from the other side as the "American" who was in a long term relationship with a foreign woman (eastern european) we did have to work on getting past our cultural differences. Later on, we would look back and laugh about it.
I completely agree with you

Sometimes I feel myself mock and laugh and tell how you did that

Old 07-27-2016, 12:55 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ruth4Truth View Post
A foreign accent often is viewed as charming, even attractive. I think more depends on what kind of person you are, how you treat people, etc. The main challenge is how to break the ice; how to meet people and start a conversation. You don't need to be in a hurry to get into a relationship. Keep working on your English, and look for ways to meet people. Join some hobby groups or volunteer for a non-profit organization, get involved in the community in some way. This is how to meet people with similar interests and easily start a conversation.

Yes, this is what I wanted to do to engage in non-profit organizations to help people at the same time benefit a lot to improve the language and engage in the community

Old 07-27-2016, 12:59 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Suburban_Guy View Post
Sorry bro an uphill battle.

Communication is important in any relationship.
Yes, You are right and also depends on the girl if she was looking for interest or the fact looking for a relationship will help you in communication and language learning

But this type of girls is very rare

Old 07-27-2016, 12:59 PM

52,274 posts, read 52,700,922 times
Sure, anything is possible. Good luck.

Old 07-27-2016, 01:41 PM

20,764 posts, read 19,976,767 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by nasserbbk View Post
Very nice words

But I mean in romantic relationships and not in public relations

Unless you have a very distinctive described the girl sticks to make your lot and not considering the language barrier like to be very rich or very handsome or famous

But public relations I think it is not important to know how fluently
I am also talking about romantic relations.

I think it also depends on which country you come from and what religion you have.

Where are you from?

Old 07-27-2016, 07:27 PM

11,122 posts, read 5,593,114 times
Plug-in and you'll be able to understand each other better.

Old 07-27-2016, 09:05 PM

102,212 posts, read 107,931,771 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by oh-eve View Post
I am also talking about romantic relations.

I think it also depends on which country you come from and what religion you have.

Where are you from?
He said he was from the United Arab Emirates. What were you going to say about religion?

Last edited by Ruth4Truth; 07-27-2016 at 09:21 PM..
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships