Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-08-2016, 07:07 PM

52,269 posts, read 52,700,922 times

Advertisements

I one time told Mrs. Chow that the quickest way she could get rid of me was for her to turn into a hoarder.

She answers back "Thanks for the tip" and then headed out to the dollar store......
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-08-2016, 07:09 PM

9,511 posts, read 6,105,402 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by HappyFarm34 View Post
already did. He's too used being around the clutter & junk to care about cleaning it up or hire someone to do it. Before me, he has been single much of his life with a couple short-term relationships here and there. He has been an adult for almost 30yrs. so it's highly unlikely he will change
Yup. My problem is that I'm not the most organized person myself. I'm the person who will have a spotless place but if you open the wrong closet you might get an avalanche! A Hoarder will overwhelm me very quickly.

Old 08-08-2016, 07:16 PM

LOL, this subject is a hot button for me, I'll flip around TV stations sometimes and will come across one of those hoarder shows and I find myself screaming at the TV and literally wanting to smack the hell out of the people on the show. LOL

Old 08-08-2016, 07:28 PM

37,619 posts, read 46,006,789 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chowhound View Post
LOL, this subject is a hot button for me, I'll flip around TV stations sometimes and will come across one of those hoarder shows and I find myself screaming at the TV and literally wanting to smack the hell out of the people on the show. LOL
Yeah we have watched that show. It's like a train wreck. You just want to smack them!!

Old 08-08-2016, 07:38 PM

30,902 posts, read 33,008,032 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ChessieMom View Post
Yeah we have watched that show. It's like a train wreck. You just want to smack them!!
Yes, you KNOW it's an actual condition and collection of issues but when the person is whining "I didn't get to go through that old bag (of used toilet paper pieces and old Barbie parts) yet - you don't respect my things!" and saying they can still use a q-tip with jam on it you just want to scream.

It's not just that they're messy. It's not just that they collect/hoard. The overwhelming majority of the time they are also filthy, literally crust covered, soggy-filthy. It's practically unbelievable that a person could possibly not see that.

Old 08-08-2016, 07:39 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChessieMom View Post

It's the same with those overweight people shows, My 600 pound life. I find myself just wanting to say stop eating and take care of yourself.

I've been off of work for several months now and man, I have packed it on since and while I'm overweight I'm no where HUGE like those people but I can feel the difference in my health. I couldn't imagine how awful physically those people feel. I'm not being mean, I actually feel sorry for them. I'm trying to loose weight and I'm having problems with my hips so it makes it harder to get the weight off, I'm cutting back portion sizes, but I know my body, I have to hit the gym to get any real results and with an old shoulder injury I've got and now my hips bothering me it really hampers things, I can't do much cardio, I can't do much pumping iron. Sucks right now. I've been going to a Chiropractor for the hips, but he hasn't helped much, need to see about maybe going to a doc or a physical therapist, something for sure.

Sorry, went off on a tangent. LOL.

Old 08-08-2016, 08:00 PM

Quote:
It's the same with those overweight people shows, My 600 pound life. I find myself just wanting to say stop eating and take care of yourself.

I've been off of work for several months now and man, I have packed it on since and while I'm overweight I'm no where HUGE like those people but I can feel the difference in my health. I couldn't imagine how awful physically those people feel. I'm not being mean, I actually feel sorry for them. I'm trying to loose weight and I'm having problems with my hips so it makes it harder to get the weight off, I'm cutting back portion sizes, but I know my body, I have to hit the gym to get any real results and with an old shoulder injury I've got and now my hips bothering me it really hampers things, I can't do much cardio, I can't do much pumping iron. Sucks right now. I've been going to a Chiropractor for the hips, but he hasn't helped much, need to see about maybe going to a doc or a physical therapist, something for sure.

Sorry, went off on a tangent. LOL.
God my BF LOVES that 600 pound life show. That's ANOTHER train wreck!

Yeah extra weight will really impact your life in all kinds of ways, none of them good. It's hard once you let it get started, so I try to stay fitness-minded and watch what I eat. But the older I get, the harder it is. I don't understand how I can do all that I do, stay as active as I am, and require so few calories!!

Old 08-09-2016, 12:38 AM

23,652 posts, read 13,998,393 times
Quote:
I wonder if a compulsion to watch these shows is a type of hoarding itself. The endless searching of channels to watch this useless information.

Old 08-09-2016, 05:17 AM

3,166 posts, read 3,360,802 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TamaraSavannah View Post
I wonder if a compulsion to watch these shows is a type of hoarding itself. The endless searching of channels to watch this useless information.
At least its much better than hoarding mountain piles of stuff. With T.V. shows, information can be discussed with family & friends. I can't stand to watch those hoarding shows. Too much for me to bear watching. The hoarding of animals are the worst. . I started to watch one and flipped the channel after 15minutes. The mindset of these people are CRAZY!

Old 08-09-2016, 07:33 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by TamaraSavannah View Post
Well I have no "endless searching of channels". I don't have cable or satellite tv and never have. If I watch these shows at home it's on Netflix.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships