Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 08-09-2016, 08:38 PM

21 posts, read 47,701 times

Advertisements

I'm pretty sure is because deep down, they feel insecure about a man being better looking than they are. Women are already insecure about their looks and self-image as it is, due to centuries of being bombarded by beauty magazines, weight loss, beauty expectations and standards, female actresses, and singers, beautiful women and unattainable bodies everywhere you go, etc. Whether they want to admit it or not, they all have been affected by this bombardment. So, many women, feel the need to bring down the looks of a man, who is obviously good looking, is a way for them to feel better about themselves. They feel the need to lower his value.

For them, a man is supposed to be ugly and macho, not care about his appearance, just be himself. When they see a guy, who obviously won the genetic lottery in term of looks, they see him as trying too hard or being too metrosexual, too polished, too into himself, even though this guy, was simply born this way lol

Not surprisingly, the opposite is true with average or even below average males. They are more likely to stick up for the underdogs and say they are cute or good looking, or even better looking than the guy above, who is obviously much better looking. They go for underdog because they feel the good looking guy, doesn't need any sympathy or praise, or even help for that matter. Why boost his ego, when he already knows he is good looking? He doesn't any help or praise. Is like trying to help a millionaire, he don't need our help

It is a coping mechanism. They know that kind of guy wouldn't even look at them, so they feel need to bring him down and say he aint all that.

Old 08-09-2016, 08:40 PM

6,304 posts, read 9,014,186 times
Ok then.

Old 08-09-2016, 08:41 PM

30,902 posts, read 33,008,032 times
We don't...LOL...are you upset we didn't all like the guy in that one vid? Why, do you know him? Look, we all have different tastes, different things we like, and don't. I actually pretty much thought that one vid was a bit of a joke and the guy was dressing/being campy to bring a smile, didn't the title even say something about joking?

Don't be offended, we just don't all find the same things handsome in a man. Even beyond the clothes and the hamming it up.

Old 08-09-2016, 08:42 PM

39,230 posts, read 27,611,062 times
not me

Old 08-09-2016, 08:45 PM

1,481 posts, read 1,226,089 times
I like Metrosexuals

Old 08-09-2016, 08:45 PM

105 posts, read 103,828 times
Uh...Were you the guy in the video, by some chance?

Old 08-09-2016, 08:46 PM

15,675 posts, read 11,529,594 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SinusBro View Post
I'm pretty sure is because deep down, they feel insecure about a man being better looking than they are. Women are already insecure about their looks and self-image as it is, due to centuries of being bombarded by beauty magazines, weight loss, beauty expectations and standards, female actresses, and singers, beautiful women and unattainable bodies everywhere you go, etc. Whether they want to admit it or not, they all have been affected by this bombardment. So, many women, feel the need to bring down the looks of a man, who is obviously good looking, is a way for them to feel better about themselves. They feel the need to lower his value.

For them, a man is supposed to be ugly and macho, not care about his appearance, just be himself. When they see a guy, who obviously won the genetic lottery in term of looks, they see him as trying too hard or being too metrosexual, too polished, too into himself, even though this guy, was simply born this way lol

Not surprisingly, the opposite is true with average or even below average males. They are more likely to stick up for the underdogs and say they are cute or good looking, or even better looking than the guy above, who is obviously much better looking. They go for underdog because they feel the good looking guy, doesn't need any sympathy or praise, or even help for that matter. Why boost his ego, when he already knows he is good looking? He doesn't any help or praise. Is like trying to help a millionaire, he don't need our help

It is a coping mechanism. They know that kind of guy wouldn't even look at them, so they feel need to bring him down and say he aint all that.
Well that's bollox as women LOVES a bloke that looks after himself and looks good

Is this is true to form..... meaning YOU..... When she said your clothes were too tight and you walked funny I can promise it's not to put you down and LOL it certainly wouldn't increase her image to been seen out with you LMAO!!

Old 08-09-2016, 08:47 PM

105 posts, read 103,828 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 1xolisiwe View Post
I like Metrosexuals
I like men who look and act like men.

Old 08-09-2016, 08:51 PM

9,511 posts, read 6,105,402 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by amman View Post
I like men who look and act like men.

Yup...Not into the Pretty Boy.

I do like Nerds though & thats kind of a new thing for me. Who knew?

Old 08-09-2016, 09:01 PM

7,400 posts, read 6,371,533 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SinusBro View Post

"Why do women I associate with feel they have to downplay a guy's looks?"

There. I fixed it for you.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships