Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-30-2016, 12:26 AM

5 posts, read 8,442 times

Advertisements

To be honest, I have never been in a serious relationship. It gets under my skin and I sometimes feel like my lack of experience at this age is going to affect me for the rest of my life. I'm extremely thin but not really bad looking.

I feel like the problem mostly stems from the fact that I don't present myself well. Right now, I just graduated from college and I'm currently unemployed, as I am studying for a board exam before I decide to take a job. I just moved back to my hometown after being away for a very long time. I think that this makes it much harder for me to go out and meet people. I use Okcupid and I periodically get messages and some "likes" on there but it's very hard to connect with women on there, in my opinion.

What may the problem be? Do you believe that my current lifestyle is making it harder for me to connect with women? I really want to find a way to fix this problem.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-30-2016, 12:37 AM

102,202 posts, read 107,842,460 times
Do you respond to the "likes"?

Being unemployed and at home after college while job-searching, taking board exams, etc. -- there's nothing wrong with that. And it's not that uncommon that guys graduate without having a serious relationship, or even without having dated. So many students these days have to work their way through college, many don't have time for dating--it's a real distraction, after all. Some go through college too shy to date. There are many reasons why men and women both reach 22 without having had a relationship. So don't beat yourself up about it. And don't worry; you won't be marked for life because of this.

How big is your town? Try getting involved in some clubs, sports groups, non-profits, anything to get you out and circulating and meeting people.

Old 08-30-2016, 12:48 AM

4,754 posts, read 2,738,183 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Stea1th71 View Post
To be honest, I have never been in a serious relationship. It gets under my skin and I sometimes feel like my lack of experience at this age is going to affect me for the rest of my life. I'm extremely thin but not really bad looking.

I feel like the problem mostly stems from the fact that I don't present myself well. Right now, I just graduated from college and I'm currently unemployed, as I am studying for a board exam before I decide to take a job. I just moved back to my hometown after being away for a very long time. I think that this makes it much harder for me to go out and meet people. I use Okcupid and I periodically get messages and some "likes" on there but it's very hard to connect with women on there, in my opinion.

What may the problem be? Do you believe that my current lifestyle is making it harder for me to connect with women? I really want to find a way to fix this problem.
It happens when it happens. You force the issue....

Mod cut.

Last edited by PJSaturn; 08-30-2016 at 08:54 AM.. Reason: Advocating illegal acts. This thread is about relationships.

Old 08-30-2016, 12:50 AM

Besides the fact that I'm very thin, I feel confident about my looks. I don't really think that's what the problem is.

Here are a couple of pics I took a couple of days ago after getting back home from the gym. Anybody want to call me ugly? You're more than welcome to. Just know that I still feel confident about my looks. I don't feel confident about other areas.

Mod cut: Photos deleted. Sorry, but we do not permit "hot or not?" or "how do I look?" type posts with photos.

Last edited by PJSaturn; 08-30-2016 at 08:51 AM..

Old 08-30-2016, 01:04 AM

Placing that much emphasis on appearance will distract me from the real problem, and thus, will cause me to be forever single. I'm a bit self conscious of my weight, as I am 6'1" and 140 lbs. Sometimes I feel that I would be more confident if I was buffer but I still don't feel like that my size is my main problem.

Old 08-30-2016, 01:27 AM

Do any of you believe that being too thin limits a man's dating options? Do you believe that factor also contribures to my lack of success?

Old 08-30-2016, 01:45 AM

16,961 posts, read 17,335,831 times
Quote:
Besides the fact that I'm very thin, I feel confident about my looks. I don't really think that's what the problem is.

Here are a couple of pics I took a couple of days ago after getting back home from the gym. Anybody want to call me ugly? You're more than welcome to. Just know that I still feel confident about my looks. I don't feel confident about other areas.
Youre right, your looks isn't the problem.

And being too thin rarely is a deal breaker for most women.

Last edited by hawaiiancoconut; 08-30-2016 at 02:10 AM..

Old 08-30-2016, 02:07 AM

I have to admit that I am a bit shy and I sometimes feel like I don't present myself correctly. I really think my poor social skills is the main problem.

There is a cute girl that works at a gas station I sometimes shop at. I somewhat try to let her know I'm interested, but do you think that hitting on a cashier is inappropriate? How should I flirt with her? I want to overcome my fear of talking to her, even if I get rejected.

Old 08-30-2016, 02:17 AM

15,675 posts, read 11,522,541 times
Quote:

I think it's just your low self esteem mate that's ALL...

Personally if I were you I'd concentrate on the board exam then getting a job and once you've got that out of the way you WILL start to feel more positive and happy about yourself and you'll feel much better in the way you " present yourself ".

Then with your new founded inner glow and stable lifestyle things will happen I'm sure mate

Old 08-30-2016, 02:19 AM

617 posts, read 1,202,137 times
My advice would be to take an acting class. You'd be surprised at what it can do for you and how you are perceived.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships