Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: Did your spouse treat you better or worse after marriage?
Worse 35 42.68%
Better 9 10.98%
The Same 38 46.34%
Voters: 82. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 09-07-2016, 04:46 PM

6,750 posts, read 5,726,194 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dport7674 View Post
Your marriage still sounds horrible.
In comparison to what is the question?

I am not sure .... I think being a part for going on 6 weeks has made me miss him a bit ... but I am certainly having a lot of fun while he is away. In all fairness I am really not the most easy person to be married with and I am starting to realize maybe my husband really does love me ? Maybe we have an annual cycle.... time apart ... we get along... we start to annoy each other/ fight a lot ... time apart and so on.

I am also questioning if some people are just less complicated/ simplier. I could not be in a relationship with someone who was really too timid ... I would be painless boared with them. I have likely met my match. Ex we comparably challenge each other. I might start singing a different tune once he is back lol.

Old 09-07-2016, 05:29 PM

15,074 posts, read 10,105,001 times
Sex started to wan... but everything else was great post-marriage.

Things really got difficult after kids were born.

Old 09-21-2016, 04:37 PM

Just thought I would share an update.

For those of you think you can't teach an old dog new tricks... apparently this just might not be the case !

I got my earing ! ( They are nothing I would ever willing buy for myself... but we can work on that for next time ).

So husbands and wives out there having some conflict or discontentment with their partner instead of sticking with the you can't teach an old dog new tricks sentiment... you might just want to try the ask and you shall receive approach... worked out for me ( at least this time)! As you are changing your partner is changing. If you don't open you mouth to try to communicate what you expect and want every so often you are not giving the other person the opportunity to even try and meet those needs.

Bye for now !

Old 09-23-2016, 12:34 AM

5,198 posts, read 5,279,089 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by klmrocks View Post

For those of you think you can't teach an old dog new tricks... apparently this just might not be the case !

I got my earing ! ( They are nothing I would ever willing buy for myself... but we can work on that for next time ).

So husbands and wives out there having some conflict or discontentment with their partner instead of sticking with the you can't teach an old dog new tricks sentiment... you might just want to try the ask and you shall receive approach... worked out for me ( at least this time)! As you are changing your partner is changing. If you don't open you mouth to try to communicate what you expect and want every so often you are not giving the other person the opportunity to even try and meet those needs.

Bye for now !
That isn't what you did, though.

You did not communicate what you expected - you manipulated, which is the total opposite. The fact that he got you the wrong earrings speaks to that.

Old 09-23-2016, 06:45 AM

2,148 posts, read 1,697,201 times
Quote:

Bye for now !
You don't have a marriage, in the conventional sense. It really sounds like it's a marriage of convenience. Not one thing I've heard, when you describe your marriage, pertains to love or even caring. The actions you have taken to get an earring are disgusting.

You want him there when it's convenient for you. Otherwise, he's in the way and as time goes along, you just wish he was gone. After a few weeks apart, you find a certain need that needs to be fulfilled and you welcome him back for that purpose alone. You don't miss him - you miss what he can do for you.

I don't doubt he likely feels the same way.

The two of you are users and manipulators with a common agreement.

Old 09-25-2016, 11:28 AM

10,069 posts, read 7,239,454 times
I put "worse" for lack of a more precise response. In reality I'd say "slightly worse." Not even worse exactly, but more banal.

She complains about a lot she never did before getting married. Sometimes I wonder why she wanted to get married so badly in the first place. She seems to complain about so many things now, many of which are things she knew about me long before we got married, or things that I have no control over.

I think I'm about the same in the way I treat her, but I don't know how it looks from her side.

I would not recommend marriage to anyone. Banal and underwhelming are the best ways I can describe it. So many people told me how profound it was, how much enrichment I would enjoy. The best I can say is that it's about the same as long term dating but you can't escape it.

Sex is an irrelevant factor to me. If anything the sex has improved a bit and the frequency has remained steady.

Old 09-25-2016, 12:22 PM

11,122 posts, read 5,590,841 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Metaphysique View Post
The same. He's still mushy-gushy, very affectionate, warm, and attentive. That hasn't really changed.
I hope he doesn't read this and discover that he's regarded as being mushy-gushy.

Old 09-25-2016, 12:39 PM

102,211 posts, read 107,931,771 times
Quote:
I was reading something and if triggered me to think about how my relationship relationship changed after getting married.

I always 1/2 jokingly express to my husband it was a sudden instant flip and recall an incident that happen a few days after we were married. We were travelling somewhere and I had a suit case case while he only had his stuff in a back pack. We had just gotten off a train after a 7 hour train ride. At first he was holding my suit case ... then he suddenly pushed it towards me and said here why can't you hold your own suit case. I was like what the hell ...I guess the honey moon is over . He still to this day denies this every happend... but it totally did .
The honeymoon doesn't end before it's even begun, OP. A few days after the wedding? That's a huge red flag. That's not normal behavior. This guy has anger issues. How long have you stuck out this marriage? How is it going, now?

Old 09-25-2016, 05:45 PM

Default ?

Quote:
Originally Posted by mochamajesty View Post
That isn't what you did, though.

You did not communicate what you expected - you manipulated, which is the total opposite. The fact that he got you the wrong earrings speaks to that.
Yes actually I did communicate what I expected. I showed him the design of the pieces of jewellery I was trying to match the earings with. He sent me pictures, but I really did not like the ones he was spending pictures of. It was the day before he was about to leave to come home. He was at one last jewellery store in another city and sent me a picture of something... the picture was not that clear. My feedback was okay if you can't match the designs just get me something basic or simple or this pendant I wanted ( which he said no to lol even though it would have been cheaper). Regardless he bought the earings likely because it was his friends family members store. The communication was there and there was plenty of it.

Old 09-25-2016, 05:57 PM

Default ...

Quote:
Originally Posted by reds37win View Post
You don't have a marriage, in the conventional sense. It really sounds like it's a marriage of convenience. Not one thing I've heard, when you describe your marriage, pertains to love or even caring. The actions you have taken to get an earring are disgusting.

You want him there when it's convenient for you. Otherwise, he's in the way and as time goes along, you just wish he was gone. After a few weeks apart, you find a certain need that needs to be fulfilled and you welcome him back for that purpose alone. You don't miss him - you miss what he can do for you.

I don't doubt he likely feels the same way.

The two of you are users and manipulators with a common agreement.
No. Actually nothing about my marriage is convenient. It is actually the opposite. See the love is caring part if how it started... but then reality sunk it's teeth in and we just were likely not the greatest match for marriage and raising a family together. We really did not know each other that well in a practical sense.... but when you are young and don't really know what you are getting yourself in to ... this is sort of what can happen. I don't think either of use are bad or completely horrible people... we just both got marriage not understanding what we expected of each other. We are in a situation of 2 extremes ... strong love and resentment at the same time.

LOL.... what he can do for me lol. I am 100% economically independent. I can actually cover 100% of the household expensive with a nice cushion for fun money all alone. This is more about ensure I am not getting taken for granted. Neither one of us is broke. My husband is one of the luckiest men I know. He has zero stress about money. Most men have the stress of worrying about making money to support themselves, wife and children. My husband does not have any of that stress. He absolutely hit the jackpot marrying me. Neither one of us could predict when we first met that I would be earing way more money. And to add to his luck he inherited a huge chunk of resources when his parents died so even if our marriage ends and walks away with nothings he is still set and can start his life over again without a drop of sweat. He is a spoiled brat and knows he can just coast threw life off either inherited money or the income in bring in to the household. So sorry if this seems surprising I actually can do very fine without my husband.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships