Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-20-2016, 09:47 AM

2,827 posts, read 4,343,102 times

Advertisements

Relationships come and go. Thinking back on your relationships, when did you know a particular one was over. Something she/he said or did that made you know..... "That's it, it's over for me."
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-20-2016, 10:13 AM

8,779 posts, read 9,455,752 times
1: When she started using verbiage ls such as "mine, me, my" to describe everything in her life.

2: general Defending people who had no right being defended. Specifically She would drop everything to converse with her sisters whenever they snapped their fingers at her, but when I asked for some time to spend with just her and I the sisters would call and it would go right back to defending her sisters interruptions and why she couldn't just say no to them. She went on saying how it was controlling to tell her not to talk to her sisters even though all I asked was they go away in the moments we where trying to spend together.

She would also complain about coworkers everyday and how they where mean to her or how they where annoying, but then defend them in the next breath as if she was getting something she wanted from them now so everything was ok now.

3: when asked what was wrong consistently got told "nothing" as she stormed around the house speaking through her breath what she really wanted to say.

4: excessive Internet/phone and social media (RIP MySpace) usage.

5: everything became how i showed her "I cared" or rather how much i didn't care, no matter what it was. I could wash a spoon and put it away upside down and it would be a show of how much I cared another her feelings

These where inconsistent behaviors (outside of her sisters) that would happen regularly enough to cause worry until the end where they became every day events. Questioning her behavior only caused more of the same.

The final straw was when she nearly got us in a wreck by slamming in her brakes in a fit of rage when she thought she missed her turn and I suggested she use her gps to find her way. Somehow the missed turn was my fault and the suggestion was just me being a dick to her.

I walked away from the relationship the day after this event.

Nice lady, but CRAZY to try and pursue a romantic relationship with.

Old 08-20-2016, 10:27 AM

29,521 posts, read 22,668,047 times
Tell tale signs that a relationship is done

Old 08-21-2016, 06:00 AM

12,585 posts, read 16,957,722 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by rego00123 View Post
1: When she started using verbiage ls such as "mine, me, my" to describe everything in her life.

2: general Defending people who had no right being defended. Specifically She would drop everything to converse with her sisters whenever they snapped their fingers at her, but when I asked for some time to spend with just her and I the sisters would call and it would go right back to defending her sisters interruptions and why she couldn't just say no to them. She went on saying how it was controlling to tell her not to talk to her sisters even though all I asked was they go away in the moments we where trying to spend together.

She would also complain about coworkers everyday and how they where mean to her or how they where annoying, but then defend them in the next breath as if she was getting something she wanted from them now so everything was ok now.

3: when asked what was wrong consistently got told "nothing" as she stormed around the house speaking through her breath what she really wanted to say.

4: excessive Internet/phone and social media (RIP MySpace) usage.

5: everything became how i showed her "I cared" or rather how much i didn't care, no matter what it was. I could wash a spoon and put it away upside down and it would be a show of how much I cared another her feelings

These where inconsistent behaviors (outside of her sisters) that would happen regularly enough to cause worry until the end where they became every day events. Questioning her behavior only caused more of the same.

The final straw was when she nearly got us in a wreck by slamming in her brakes in a fit of rage when she thought she missed her turn and I suggested she use her gps to find her way. Somehow the missed turn was my fault and the suggestion was just me being a dick to her.

I walked away from the relationship the day after this event.

Nice lady, but CRAZY to try and pursue a romantic relationship with.
Holy Smokes!!!! That's my wife to a TEE!!!

Old 08-21-2016, 02:09 PM

3,993 posts, read 8,928,806 times
When she had two kids by another man and pretended they were mine

Old 08-21-2016, 02:25 PM

52,283 posts, read 52,713,798 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by bobman View Post
When she had two kids by another man and pretended they were mine
Whew!! Man that's rough, sorry to hear that.

The last time I was dumped by a girl I knew it was over when she gave me the "we need to just be friends" speech.

I was actually relieved, I didn't want to have to be the one to do it.

Old 08-22-2016, 02:15 PM

2,362 posts, read 1,925,236 times
my favorite:
"I think we moved WAY to fast, and I want to stop having sex for a while. I do NOT want to see other people, or break up, I just want to go back to the beginning and make it new again"

So I went back to the beginning and lost her number. This was 2 years in, we were 22...later

When she told me she got along better with her male coworkers than her female coworkers...week later she invites her male coworker and his girl out with us...week later its just him as his girl dumped him...
then she is hanging out with him instead of me...I just stopped calling her (we were 23)...she crawls back...found out she dug him but he had no interest in her, he sexed her and dumped her...dumm dumm

Old 08-22-2016, 04:43 PM

4,005 posts, read 4,107,489 times
When my inner self kept tapping me on the shoulder, trying to tell me that he was lying. Of course, I knew it. I just didn't want to believe it.

He used to complain about the women at work. Then he started coming home late, saying there was a bad accident on the beltway, when the traffic segment never mentioned the accident. Then, he was stupid enough to tell me that he was staying late at work - at a job that he hated with people he hated. Riiiight.

I asked why he called his co-worker. A few days later, Yours Truly called her. ROTFLMAO

Old 08-23-2016, 02:42 PM

212 posts, read 195,359 times
Looking back, here are the main reasons I broke up with the 3 long-term relationships I've had in life:

1. I moved back to the States. In my humble opinion, long-distance relationships can work, but only if there is a concerted effort to turn it into a no-distance relationship in the very near future. Otherwise, it fizzles.
2. Mismatched intelligence levels led to a lack of communication/engagement in mutually-interesting subjects. He was incredibly good-looking, but people need something besides the physical to sustain a relationship. It was frustrating and I felt isolated, lonely most of the time.
3. He quit his job and I had to support him. He did not make any effort to get another job, just sat playing video games and went on daily drinking benders with his buddies.

Old 08-27-2016, 11:54 AM

484 posts, read 2,210,833 times
Bought her a car and she tells me she likes someone else a few weeks later.
Having an online boyfriend throughout the relationship(in her mind it's okay because we know he's not real aka catfish)
Creates a sugarbaby profile and about to start doing sex acts with old men for money.
Only cares about how she wants things.
Constantly fighting, arguing, cold, mean, etc.

Enough is enough lol./
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships