Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-05-2016, 10:39 PM

8 posts, read 6,113 times

Advertisements

I need help. I will try to make this as quick as I can. So I met this girl online, which come to find out we went to the same school and know each other. After school I moved to Cali and she still lives in Illinois. (keep in mind I'm moving back in about 1 year.) To make a long story short, we basically fell in love with each other and had a long distance relationship. One day she says she just wants to talk as friends because of the distance between us. So alright we talk as friends with a little flirting here and there. One day she says she's back with her ex. She's mentioned him before a little bit. So I feel dejected but she says she still feels the same about me. She thinks I'm amazing, can see herself with me, and doesn't ever want to lose me. All the sudden things change. Talk is not the same, she doesn't seem as interested and I don't know why. I've asked her how she feels now but she says the same thing but I don't know if it's true. It doesn't feel the same. She gives shorter responses and things like that. What do I do? Should I say we should talk less? I don't know.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-05-2016, 10:42 PM

1,261 posts, read 971,696 times
Tell her to kick rocks, cut all communication off. She doesnt want you, she wants her ex, hence why you got friendzoned.

Old 09-05-2016, 10:46 PM

2,822 posts, read 1,929,349 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hand McLovin View Post
Tell her to kick rocks, cut all communication off. She doesnt want you, she wants her ex, hence why you got friendzoned.
THIS!

I wouldn't talk to her at all after friend zoning me. I'd leave the door open for her to contact you if she changes her mind and decides she wants more than friends later on, but I don't do ''Friends only'' with girls that I have feelings for or like as more than a friend. I've stayed friends with ex's, or maybe I should say on friendly terms. But I didn't have feelings for them anymore and they no longer had feelings for me either.

Old 09-05-2016, 10:47 PM

3,993 posts, read 8,927,861 times
Have you ever met her ?

Old 09-05-2016, 10:55 PM

8 posts, read 6,113 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by bobman View Post
Have you ever met her ?
Yes I have a couple years ago we had a class together.

Old 09-05-2016, 11:07 PM

3,143 posts, read 2,660,430 times
She could have used you as a rebound. When she broke it off with her ex, maybe you gave her some "emotional support", and when she got back with her ex, she didn't need you no more.

You should leave her alone. She kinda played you, it seems like. Have some self respect and move on. I know it's really hard if you love(d) her but you should love yourself more. And if you do, then you need to move on without her. And if she ever tries to come back, do not let her in your life.

Old 09-05-2016, 11:37 PM

13,520 posts, read 22,134,708 times
So you two "fell in love" and , boom, now she has a bf.
What is it that you're asking again?

Old 09-05-2016, 11:41 PM

6,234 posts, read 8,445,889 times
Find a girl that is local and forget about the other.

Old 09-06-2016, 01:48 AM

3,993 posts, read 8,927,861 times
So just to get it straight, you're in love with a woman who you met once two years ago, and she's already told you she doesn't feel the same, has a boyfriend and isn't really interested in talking to you any more ?

Hmmm, that's a toughie. What to do ?

Quote:
Originally Posted by SillyWilly123 View Post
Yes I have a couple years ago we had a class together.

Old 09-06-2016, 02:15 AM

65 posts, read 70,115 times
She's keeping you around as emotional support in case this new relationship with her new bf doesn't work. Pretty simple.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships