Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-11-2016, 11:46 AM

4,629 posts, read 3,391,398 times

Advertisements

I matched with this lady on Tinder (the dating app you download to your smart phone). After the initial match you can view that person's profile.

I noticed she only had one photo in her Tinder profile and that photo was very distant and she was wearing sunglasses. I asked her if she had any additional photos. She said, "I have one photo and that's it!"

I replied, "Ok, take care. Good luck."

My tinder profile has 4 photos of varying angles (a few close ups and one or two from more far away to show physique).

I might as well go on a blind date. I think it is ridiculous to be on a dating site and not show a close up of your face. At least after you match/connect with someone you ought to be willing to do that???
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-11-2016, 12:18 PM

30,907 posts, read 32,984,452 times
Ouch...beware...

I mean there is much more to love than looks, but in this day and age where people have taken five selfies on any given day before they've even brushed their teeth, it is all but guaranteed that she could put up five or a dozen or a hundred pics of herself right now if she wanted to, all of them close up and clear, so if she's only showing a "hiding" one, well, what does that tell you?

Old 09-11-2016, 12:21 PM

102,188 posts, read 107,790,902 times
Clearly, she feels she's not photogenic.

Old 09-11-2016, 12:39 PM

I am not photogenic either but I put my best foot forward on these type of sites. It is basically the price of admission.

Old 09-11-2016, 01:58 PM

7,400 posts, read 6,365,800 times
That's a nope. No way she only has one, or is unable to take more with her phone. I had a couple experiences with dudes only having one outdated and distant photo in their profile. There is a reason for that. Pass.

Old 09-11-2016, 02:15 PM

^^Yep, I had a similar experience recently and it was frightening. Not going to fall for that again. In my case I am a guy and she is a woman....

Old 09-11-2016, 02:25 PM

3,503 posts, read 7,494,923 times
Those bots are getting smarter.

Old 09-11-2016, 04:17 PM

42,763 posts, read 52,838,486 times
She was a fake. Every net date I had I gave him multiple pics.And they did the same.When we exchanged #'so we took pics and sent them too.

Old 09-11-2016, 04:25 PM

30,907 posts, read 32,984,452 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Metaphysique View Post
That's a nope. No way she only has one, or is unable to take more with her phone. I had a couple experiences with dudes only having one outdated and distant photo in their profile. There is a reason for that. Pass.
Yup, LOL...though for me it was 14+ years ago, so just slightly less unbelievable than today, but still.

Of the men in my age group but especially a little older than I (I was in my 30s then), there were always a pretty fair amount who would have basically a high school yearbook staring pic, or one from "five years ago" from 20 yards away, in a fishing boat, obscured by a giant life vest on top and the boat's side on the bottom, topped off with a low hat and sunglasses. And it would always be, "Oh, my camera broke and that's the only pic I have." Then, "Everyone tells me I haven't changed at all since then, so I pretty much still look like this."

Like which??? Someone covered up enough to be in the witness protection program, or feathered hair???

I'm not trying to be shallow. And yes, both genders do this sort of thing and more. I get that it's all in an effort to attract and that most people are not runway models. Today people share camera angle tricks and the like. Back then, there was less of that. But to be on a phone app site saying you only have one pic? One pic total? Even if somehow you found a phone that doesn't have a camera, you don't have friends who have one and can take a clear pic of you? My God, the middle schoolers here have them. And many in elementary school.

Old 09-11-2016, 04:28 PM

2,449 posts, read 2,600,127 times
I won't look at profiles with only one pic. I also won't look at the ones where the picture is posted sideways, or 5 pictures and they're all the same image. Or pictures of sunsets or beaches.
One guy had pictures of his fishing trip to the lake with a closeup of a bunch of dead fish on a table. Who would be interested in that?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships