Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-13-2016, 01:42 PM

14,078 posts, read 16,611,637 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by bebe182 View Post
Well when your dating someone maybe....but when you've only exchanged a couple of messages? I don't think its imperative for either party to stay in contact daily until you actually meet in person and there's some real in person chemistry and interest.
I agree that they both should be able to function without communicating for three days considering that they haven't even met, but I also agree that he could've found time to send her a short message. He just chose not to.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-13-2016, 01:44 PM

15,675 posts, read 11,527,305 times
Quote:
Well when your dating someone maybe....but when you've only exchanged a couple of messages? I don't think its imperative for either party to stay in contact daily until you actually meet in person and there's some real in person chemistry and interest.
No LOL she's saying that because the OP agreed to contact the lady in question on a set time and instead contacted her 3 days later....

Old 09-13-2016, 01:44 PM

11,795 posts, read 12,033,106 times
Quote:
Going silent for three days may not lead to meeting in person.

Old 09-13-2016, 01:50 PM

594 posts, read 379,963 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Liberty2011 View Post
TBH, I don't really understand how anyone is too busy to text for three days straight. Sure, you didn't have time during work hours, not unusual or unreasonable. I can also see not having the energy for a long conversation, but to not spare 10 seconds at all in 72 hours?
Message her to say what? He already said when he's not so busy he wants to go out with her, and he told her that. So what's the point in sending a bunch of superfluous messages?

Old 09-13-2016, 01:51 PM

23,173 posts, read 26,202,662 times
"Really tired" to me means not wanting to go out or anything.
3 days of silence , when a message might take up 1 minute or less, means "not very interested".
You might get lucky and she won't know you weren't really busy and not just "too tired"

Old 09-13-2016, 01:56 PM

15,675 posts, read 11,527,305 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rocky_Raccoon View Post
Message her to say what? He already said when he's not so busy he wants to go out with her, and he told her that. So what's the point in sending a bunch of superfluous messages?

The OP did say what you said above, however he left it 3 days later than the time and date he originally said he would message her back

So liberty is asking why he couldn't or wouldn't message her in the 3 days... And she's right IMO as there is nothing to exhausting or tiresome from saying hello in quick message

My only fear for the OP is that she realises and thinks this.

Old 09-13-2016, 01:57 PM

35,094 posts, read 51,243,097 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by old_cold View Post
"Really tired" to me means not wanting to go out or anything.
3 days of silence , when a message might take up 1 minute or less, means "not very interested".
You might get lucky and she won't know you weren't really busy and not just "too tired"
This entire statement is nothing but assumption on your part.
If you have never worked, 12, 14, 16, or 18 hour days you would not know that really busy means
really busy and no time nor energy to do anything once off of work.
I used to go a few days without eating because I was so tired from that many hours at work.
I had enough energy to drive myself 3 miles home, take a shower and go to bed until it was time to get up, take a shower and go back to work.

OP: Be patient, you really do not know how one is going to interpret your delay in response however,
you did tell her about your schedule so give her more time to respond.
You have a 50/50 chance of a good reply and outcome.

Old 09-13-2016, 02:03 PM

23,173 posts, read 26,202,662 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by CSD610 View Post
This entire statement is nothing but assumption on your part.
If you have never worked, 12, 14, 16, or 18 hour days you would not know that really busy means
Oh, don't even give me that ****.
For more years than you can count I worked 6 and 7 days a week with much over 8 hour days (owned our own business)and still found one or two minutes (and more) to do what was important to me.

Old 09-13-2016, 02:16 PM

26,700 posts, read 41,748,461 times
Quote:
For more years than you can count I worked 6 and 7 days a week with much over 8 hour days (owned our own business)and still found one or two minutes (and more) to do what was important to me.
When you work for someone you don't get to carve out time for yourself. I'm a supervisor now my days can be 8-12 hours. Combine with getting ready for a move, I've spent most of late August and September exhausted. Dating has been the furthest thing from my mind since I can barely keep my eyes open these days.

Old 09-13-2016, 02:18 PM

35,094 posts, read 51,243,097 times
Quote:
Okay, whatever you believe must be the truth.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships