Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-10-2016, 11:51 PM

10,341 posts, read 5,896,076 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by mlj1225 View Post
Same here - no blondes for me.

But I will admit (and show my age) that I did have a thing for Andy Gibb and Shawn Cassidy way, way back in the 4th grade!
Ha, I had those posters up!...and Leif Garrett
Maybe it was because we didn't know what sexual attraction was until Vinnie Barbarino
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-11-2016, 12:33 AM

6,618 posts, read 4,918,397 times
You make a good point about puppy love vs. sexual attraction. I wasn't clear in the first point; I meant sexual attraction.

Old 10-11-2016, 03:43 AM

2,822 posts, read 1,937,363 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mlj1225 View Post
Same here - no blondes for me.

But I will admit (and show my age) that I did have a thing for Andy Gibb and Shawn Cassidy way, way back in the 4th grade!
I'm thinking you're close to my mom's age. Although my mom is not even 19 years older than me, so it's not like that's really old to me.

She really loved and still loves Jim Morrison of The Doors. She even has him tattooed on her. Although I don't think she was listening to them while they were still an active band, as she was only 7 when he died.
Quote:
Originally Posted by ratherbcrazycatlady View Post
Maybe it was because we didn't know what sexual attraction was until Vinnie Barbarino
My mom really liked Leif Garrett and John Travolta too. She has pictures of from the early 80's with those guys on her wall. I know she loved Scott Baio too!

Old 10-11-2016, 03:51 AM

2,335 posts, read 4,164,758 times
Redheads, so much I married one.

Old 10-11-2016, 04:02 AM

2,822 posts, read 1,937,363 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cardiff Giant View Post
Redheads, so much I married one.
I do really like redheads. real redheads, not always the dyed ones, although some come pull it off.

I once hit off with a really hot redhead. I was in a relationship at the time though, but I think I could have had something there if I was single.

Old 10-11-2016, 11:59 AM

1,948 posts, read 6,477,839 times
I use to like exotic looking dark complexion islander women, but now I prefer the lighter complexion, Im not really attracted to dark complexions anymore, and dont like wavy or curly hair or frizzy hair, I prefer long smooth silky black hair or brunette.

Asians, Persians & latinas are also very attractive, I prefer ethnic minority women

slim to chubby is OK and not too tall

Old 10-11-2016, 06:12 PM

4,047 posts, read 2,726,544 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ratherbcrazycatlady View Post

Yes for me for Leif as well.... and a young John Travolta??? Yummy!

Old 10-16-2016, 09:45 AM

120 posts, read 117,730 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by goodheathen View Post
This will remind people of other threads, but I mean it to be different and am exploring concepts such as love maps and age disparities.

If you can remember the first person you were physically attracted to, does someone who looks like that turn your head as an adult? I'm going to assume that for most, it will be an older-looking version if the original 'object' was a teenager. Please describe any details that are no longer attractive. Also, if you're single, are you now interested in an actual relationship with someone who looks like that?
I was very attracted to girls covered in freckles all through my childhood from Kindergarten on. Then as a teenager freckles were the first asset I looked for in a girl's appearance. As an adult they are still the #1 physical feature I go for, and won't consider getting into a relationship otherwise, because when I've tried all I think about is having a "freckled woman."

One feature that I cannot stand in a woman is crooked, missing or rotted teeth. It will even make her unattractive to me if she does have freckles.

Old 10-16-2016, 10:19 AM

14,078 posts, read 16,659,887 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pooterdunk View Post
I was very attracted to girls covered in freckles all through my childhood from Kindergarten on. Then as a teenager freckles were the first asset I looked for in a girl's appearance. As an adult they are still the #1 physical feature I go for, and won't consider getting into a relationship otherwise, because when I've tried all I think about is having a "freckled woman."

One feature that I cannot stand in a woman is crooked, missing or rotted teeth. It will even make her unattractive to me if she does have freckles.
Crooked isn't that big of a deal to me, but does anyone actually like rotted teeth?

Old 10-16-2016, 10:29 AM

4,005 posts, read 4,123,095 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by goodheathen View Post
This will remind people of other threads, but I mean it to be different and am exploring concepts such as love maps and age disparities.

If you can remember the first person you were physically attracted to, does someone who looks like that turn your head as an adult? I'm going to assume that for most, it will be an older-looking version if the original 'object' was a teenager. Please describe any details that are no longer attractive. Also, if you're single, are you now interested in an actual relationship with someone who looks like that?
I think I find the same type of person attractive. In that way, I haven't changed, but I tend to "cast a broader net" these days.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships