Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-21-2016, 05:41 PM

17,635 posts, read 22,643,465 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sweet Like Sugar View Post
We have them outside of airports and malls where I live. I'm sure no guy would ever suggest that we go there for a date but I'm just saying that I like the place, so I would go! I'd probably be more excited about the orange chicken than the date.
El Pollo Dorado rotisserie roast chicken is tasty...

https://www.google.com/#q=El+Pollo+Dorado+roast+chicken
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-21-2016, 05:52 PM

26,700 posts, read 41,748,461 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by The Dissenter View Post
What is low class about it? You don't have to pay half if he does that!
Quote:
Originally Posted by RbccL View Post
Sure, just read my post before you start slapping yourself and getting cross, I said 'pulls out a coupon to pay for HIS.'
You are arguing that this is class? Or you aren't comprehending, saw my user name and decided to jump up and down?
Either way, no win for you
You are the one not comprehending. My quotes post clearly implied that the woman would not have to pay at all. Class? Who cares? Practical? Hell yeah!

Oh yeah.

Old 10-21-2016, 05:54 PM

44,259 posts, read 64,375,553 times
If someone is giving me free tasty food, the manner which they pay for it is completely irrelevant to me. Unless they like robbed or raped or did something immoral to get it.

Old 10-21-2016, 05:59 PM

914 posts, read 737,927 times
OK, I'm going to have to ask. What exactly do you guys mean by "coupon"?? I was thinking like ... Groupon vouchers (e.g. 2 mains for £30) or discount vouchers received by email or that you can find on the internet to print off (e.g. 50% off food). I'm not sure why anyone would find it a turn off if one of them was used to pay for/towards a date

Old 10-21-2016, 06:00 PM

10,341 posts, read 5,866,286 times
Quote:
Exception: If I got the money out to pay my half, and he threw in a "buy one get one free coupon" to pay for his...kinda lowclass
Quote:
Originally Posted by The Dissenter View Post
What is low class about it? You don't have to pay half if he does that!
If you are referring to my post, my intent is that I don't care either, unless he just picks restaurants that he has buy on get one free coupons, waits for me to get money out to pay for mine, and THEN THROWS DOWN the coupon, meaning he pays nothing because his is free. What kind of guy thinks this is classy? Rearrange the story to give yourself a reason to argue, you're just proving my point.

I'm not explaining it again. You be that guy, who cares!

Old 10-21-2016, 06:04 PM

Am I the only one who remembers this thread? You would have thought this was an ugly political election.

Okay to use a coupon for a first dinner date?

Old 10-21-2016, 06:05 PM

914 posts, read 737,927 times
Quote:
If you are referring to my post, my intent is that I don't care either, unless he just picks restaurants that he has buy on get one free coupons, waits for me to get money out to pay for mine, and THEN THROWS DOWN the coupon, meaning he pays nothing because his is free. What kind of guy thinks this is classy? Rearrange the story to give yourself a reason to argue, you're just proving my point.

I'm not explaining it again. You be that guy, who cares!
OK well that would be pretty rude and a turn off for me.
In the scenario I had in my mind, whatever is left of the bill would be split by the two (I usually split the bill as I feel uncomfortable not contributing financially).

Old 10-21-2016, 06:06 PM

Oh yeah this one too.

Is it weird to use a coupon to pay for a date?

Old 10-21-2016, 06:30 PM

10,341 posts, read 5,866,286 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Summer_Rain View Post
OK well that would be pretty rude and a turn off for me.
In the scenario I had in my mind, whatever is left of the bill would be split by the two (I usually split the bill as I feel uncomfortable not contributing financially).
Ok, thanks for getting it, sometimes my fingers move faster than my brain and I have to explain myself

Old 10-21-2016, 06:39 PM

30,902 posts, read 33,008,032 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by stan4 View Post
If someone is giving me free tasty food, the manner which they pay for it is completely irrelevant to me. Unless they like robbed or raped or did something immoral to get it.
Thank God I've never had to rape for Panda Express.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships