Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-23-2016, 05:33 PM

44 posts, read 32,690 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tranger989 View Post
Another great analogy is food. Women have their favorite dishes. If their favorite dish is right in front of them, how likely do you think they are going to delay feasting on that dish??? Dating is the same way man. You said what do you think guys??? Get the advice from MEN!!! Any woman who is honest, even a feminist will agree that she is not truly into you. Based on the story you posted it would have happened already.

I know, I remember a long time ago I went out on 3 dates with this girl. I was even more passive, being a complete gentleman and didnt making any moves. Then she flat out told me, "why havent you kissed me yet, or called me after our dates?" I kind of get the feeling you dont like me". I said I did, I went for the kiss, she told me lets go back to her place and the rest is history. If she liked you she would have no problem sleeping with you. Outside of staunch religious women, the vast majority of women will sleep with you if they are really into you.
I'm in the process of converting to a very conservative religion. I like the fact that I'm able to get to know the woman first.

When I was dating the general population, if I wasn't aggressively making moves, the women would move on to the next guy.

Hopefully, these women will be different and things will not be all about sex right away.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-23-2016, 05:38 PM

43 posts, read 27,708 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by NewYorker11356 View Post
Not saying you're wrong, but some women DO WAIT to have sex with a guy they genuinely do like. It might take a few dates, 10 or so dates, etc. They do this cause they've likely been burned a lot of times by a guy who just wanted sex with them.

Can you blame those women at that point?

Like I said, you aren't wrong, but I don't believe you can apply this to every situation. Everyone's different.
I have met those women, but the vast majority of women will sleep with you if they are really into you. Women who choose to delay sex due to being burnt isnt the norm. More times than not women like that break out of that phase when they realize most men who are alpha are not going to invest time and money on a woman if they continue to withhold sex.

Relationships are a gamble. You win some, you lose some. Withholding sex is not the solution to find prince charming. If they want a committed a relationship you have to take risks and it has to be mutual.

It just frustrating that I am continuing to hear stories like the original poster an you have women misleading him telling him to be patient and continue to invest in her. Yet there is probably some girl out there who has a higher interest level in that man. Life is too short and there are so many fish in the sea to just be patient.

Old 10-23-2016, 05:39 PM

52,308 posts, read 52,764,750 times
Is she an ol' fashioned kinda girl? Most likely. She probably isn't interested in having sex til marriage is she's really old school.

Just as a side note, you're pushing it to much. The multiple attempts as you put it and she sorta skirted your advances should probably tell you that you are coming on strong.

Try talking to her about it. No pressure or anything like that, just find out what's in her mind. Granted it's probably a sorta uncomfortable conversation but if you like her and she's a keeper it would be in your best interest.

if you're just a P hound I would say let this one go. She's not down for that sorta thing.

Old 10-23-2016, 05:39 PM

7,992 posts, read 5,396,797 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by strawberrykiki View Post

I hope you didn't blow it by being too pushy. Sometimes women wait because they want to get to know you a little better and they're looking for more than a hook up.
^ I agree.

OP--you invited her for a movie, correct? Or was that code for a "make out session" and she was not aware of that?!

Old 10-23-2016, 05:40 PM

1,639 posts, read 2,204,107 times
Quote:
OP Please dont listen to the likes of Ruth4Trth and other conservative women aout there. Ive seen them on these boards for years and they been just making more men like you as Beta as they come. What this man said is absolutely correct. If she wanted you she would be all over you. 1st, 2nd, 3rd, whenever. At any age. Women are not as complicated as you think.

This woman is showing all the signs of a woman who has lost all attraction. Ask yourself this question...if you meet her for the 4th time what can you possibly do or change to make her want to sleep with you after meeting 3 times??? Women know within seconds if they see themselves having sex with a man.

Due to society roles many women will choose not to sleep with a man after the first date. However after the second or third time, if she is into you she will sleep with you.

I would move on because it appears that she is looking for validation. It really feels like the people who are giving you advice are women from the 50's or 60's. Watch any adult sitcom and you will see what I am saying is true. If she isnt sleeping with you she doesnt like you.
Are you kidding me?? I don't care what BOARDS you have been on (did you really just say that?) I have been a WOMAN all my life. I have liked some guys A LOT, and wanted to get to know them better. But I was NOT all over them on the 1st,2nd,3rd date because I didn't want to give them the wrong idea. I wanted to get to know them better, and I'm NOT usually good with having sex that early. Not at all. D-amn. Its being conservative when a woman is not bending over for a guy after 2 dates?? That's CONSERVATIVE??

No..i call that being a woman who has some level of decency and morals. Perhaps you should try to hang and meet more of THOSE types of women instead of the 'garden tool' type of women you obviously have been around.

LMAO. Sweet Jesus...this is what the world has become.

Old 10-23-2016, 05:43 PM

30,902 posts, read 33,031,867 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Crowdfundking View Post
This has been my experience with women. I've found that if they aren't sleeping with you, it's very likely that they're sleeping with someone else.

Maybe not all women are like this, but it's been my experience that a good portion are.
What are you talking about? You have told us you are literally in the process of proving to your family and yourself that women in the U.S. will not have you. You actually said you are using your gym association as the final proof of this in "an experiment." So...your "experience"? Something is not adding up here.

Old 10-23-2016, 05:44 PM

1,639 posts, read 2,204,107 times
Quote:
I have met those women, but the vast majority of women will sleep with you if they are really into you. Women who choose to delay sex due to being burnt isnt the norm. More times than not women like that break out of that phase when they realize most men who are alpha are not going to invest time and money on a woman if they continue to withhold sex.

Relationships are a gamble. You win some, you lose some. Withholding sex is not the solution to find prince charming. If they want a committed a relationship you have to take risks and it has to be mutual.

It just frustrating that I am continuing to hear stories like the original poster an you have women misleading him telling him to be patient and continue to invest in her. Yet there is probably some girl out there who has a higher interest level in that man. Life is too short and there are so many fish in the sea to just be patient.
PSST. See, you chicks that think its cool or feel you NEED to jump in bed with a dude? THIS^^^^ is the attitude you get.

Things like this are LESS to do with a woman's attraction level and MUCH MORE with society just lowering the standards on common freaking decency and self respect.

Old 10-23-2016, 05:47 PM

52,308 posts, read 52,764,750 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SummerFall View Post
PSST. See, you chicks that think its cool or feel you NEED to jump in bed with a dude? THIS^^^^ is the attitude you get.

Things like this are LESS to do with a woman's attraction level and MUCH MORE with society just lowering the standards on common freaking decency and self respect.

The standards of conduct bar has been lowered so far over the last 20 30 years to the point of silliness. PC culture and people being overly paranoid of being "judgy" has just allowed things to go into the crapper.

Old 10-23-2016, 05:53 PM

30,902 posts, read 33,031,867 times
Quote:
I learned the hard way years ago and I still think about it to this day. Girl was fine and pretty much everything I would want in a woman. I always told myself I should've been aggressive and maybe we could've had a long relationship. Instincts were telling me to make a move, but I followed advice from women who are advising the OP to be patient and continue to be BETA.

Relationships shouldnt only be about sex, but sex is one of the most important parts of a relationship
So if you had had jumped all over her it all would have worked out?

Be realistic. She didn't want you. A woman who isn't wild about you is not suddenly going to want you because you turn aggressive. Just face facts, stop blaming other people's advice when it was more likely a simple case of one person wanting it and the other, not so much. It happens.

Old 10-23-2016, 05:53 PM

65 posts, read 57,450 times
And so I have an update.

She texted me back. And of course I let the voices in my head get the best of me. We both found out we are busy this weekend, but she "could do dinner Tuesday or Wednesday of this week." So thumbs up there.

I guess my question now is, do I try and push for dinner and a movie, or dinner and am improv show or something, or slow it down a bit and go with just dinner? Despite how I've sounded here, I don't want to start her to feel I'm being "clingy" or anything.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships