Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-03-2016, 08:03 AM

1,009 posts, read 1,990,240 times

Advertisements

NO! You can find lots of 50+ that still like sex. Have one myself.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-03-2016, 10:35 PM

2,625 posts, read 3,414,988 times
QUESTION:

To all the women here who have stated that, in their belief or perhaps even based upon personal knowledge, enough women (maybe even some of of you as individuals . . . perhaps?) DO develop a reduced sex drive after a certain point:

But does this also often-enough mean that they have, as well, a reduced desire for basic AFFECTION (i.e., just simply holding one another for extended periods and cuddling, kissing, caressing, et al)? Do you find that, along with a reduced drive for outright sexual relations, enough women, as well, ALSO have much reduced desire and capacity for just basic affection (assuming that they had been, by-and-large, normally affectionate persons in their lives up to the point of developing this markedly-reduced sex drive)?

You see, I, as a male, could even "prospectively" be satisfied to at least have regular affection with a female significant other as a way-of-life (even if sexual relations are not always prevalent or are quite reduced). But if a woman doesn't even want to be affectionate with her man (i..e., "affectionate" as a regular way-of-life with him, not just an occasional incident) but rather just be non-sexual AND non-affectionate with him as a way-of-life, that is a whole 'nother story.

Old 11-04-2016, 09:27 AM

2,867 posts, read 1,541,793 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by UsAll View Post
QUESTION:

To all the women here who have stated that, in their belief or perhaps even based upon personal knowledge, enough women (maybe even some of of you as individuals . . . perhaps?) DO develop a reduced sex drive after a certain point:

But does this also often-enough mean that they have, as well, a reduced desire for basic AFFECTION (i.e., just simply holding one another for extended periods and cuddling, kissing, caressing, et al)? Do you find that, along with a reduced drive for outright sexual relations, enough women, as well, ALSO have much reduced desire and capacity for just basic affection (assuming that they had been, by-and-large, normally affectionate persons in their lives up to the point of developing this markedly-reduced sex drive)?

You see, I, as a male, could even "prospectively" be satisfied to at least have regular affection with a female significant other as a way-of-life (even if sexual relations are not always prevalent or are quite reduced). But if a woman doesn't even want to be affectionate with her man (i..e., "affectionate" as a regular way-of-life with him, not just an occasional incident) but rather just be non-sexual AND non-affectionate with him as a way-of-life, that is a whole 'nother story.
Some do and some do not. I hear this talk a lot and much depends on if the partnership was good before the sex drive faded. If it was not good then no, a woman might not want even to be touched, but then you have chicken-and-egg going on because maybe sex drive dropped because the relationship was not so good in the first place.

One more thing I have heard is that sometimes when there is affection the man gets horny and then when there is no sex he gets angry and says this is all teasing or frustrating. Then the woman gets angry too and says how come he can't even be close to her without wanting or expecting more. Then the woman does not even want to try affection because she is afraid he will want more and get angry again. It is easier not to trouble with touching or as you say "basic affection" at all because it is better than fighting.

Old 11-04-2016, 11:29 AM

50,807 posts, read 36,501,346 times
You need to find a woman on hormone replacement OP. My own drive crash-dived in my 40's, but bioidentical hormones brought it back to where it was decades ago.

Old 11-04-2016, 07:34 PM

2,625 posts, read 3,414,988 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Seija View Post
Some do and some do not. I hear this talk a lot and much depends on if the partnership was good before the sex drive faded. If it was not good then no, a woman might not want even to be touched, but then you have chicken-and-egg going on because maybe sex drive dropped because the relationship was not so good in the first place.

One more thing I have heard is that sometimes when there is affection the man gets horny and then when there is no sex he gets angry and says this is all teasing or frustrating. Then the woman gets angry too and says how come he can't even be close to her without wanting or expecting more. Then the woman does not even want to try affection because she is afraid he will want more and get angry again. It is easier not to trouble with touching or as you say "basic affection" at all because it is better than fighting.
Your response sounds rather well-thought-out and sensible. Thank you.

Old 11-04-2016, 09:23 PM

28 posts, read 26,895 times
I'm 58 and still enjoy flirting, sex, all of it.

Old 11-04-2016, 09:29 PM

28 posts, read 26,895 times
I have always been an affectionate person. I've ended relationships because of the "lack" of affection.

Old 11-07-2016, 02:23 PM

1,194 posts, read 726,641 times
Scientists pinpoint when a woman's sex drive declines..

http://www.usatoday.com/story/news/h...ines/93342774/

Quote:
researchers say they found that race/ethnicity appears to play a role. Compared to white women, African-American women noted a significantly smaller decline, while women of Japanese descent noted a much greater decline.
It looks like ill have to concentrate on African-American women...

Old 11-07-2016, 04:30 PM

102,212 posts, read 107,931,771 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by fordtrucks View Post
Scientists pinpoint when a woman's sex drive declines..

Scientists pinpoint when a woman's sex drive declines

It looks like ill have to concentrate on African-American women...
Right. Because you wouldn't want to work on figuring out what you're doing wrong, or anything.... Go for the easy fix. Good luck.

Old 11-07-2016, 10:21 PM

1,080 posts, read 838,185 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ruth4Truth View Post
Right. Because you wouldn't want to work on figuring out what you're doing wrong, or anything.... Go for the easy fix. Good luck.
Eh....While I'm sure the two often go together, decline in sex drive is a different variable than decline in partner's skills. The study was clearly studying the former, not the latter.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships