Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 11-12-2016, 11:42 AM

2,156 posts, read 3,337,292 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hand McLovin View Post
Am I the only one that laughed at "Facebook Official"?
I laugh every time someone talks about facebook and relationship. I just can't take it seriously.

OP, put up or shut up. It's simple as that. Stay and suffer or move on. She's not ready for a serious relationship.

Old 11-12-2016, 12:11 PM

3,452 posts, read 4,625,260 times
I wouldn't take her too seriously. Get out and talk to as many ladies as you can. No reason to put all of your eggs in one basket for a woman that behaves like this.

Old 11-12-2016, 12:28 PM

466 posts, read 315,175 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jaypennington View Post
To keep this as compressed as I can, this woman was dating somebody in August who she was very into. (She made it clear on facebook pretty much every night how into him she was.) They weren't official, they were just dating. He was one of those "pretty boy bad boys." (After we eventually met, in a conversation we had, she told me she had a tendency to go for those guys in the past.) He screwed her over 3 or 4 weeks into them dating. She was sobbing on facebook, asking why she cant meet a good guy. I ended up asking her out on a date a couple of weeks later (I had added her over the summer through a dating site.) About two weeks after we met, we were in a relationship. (This was late September.) It happened so fast. She appreciated how I wasn't one of those jerk bad boys who was going to screw her over. (She hasn't been in an official relationship for about a year and that relationship ended abruptly when the badboy she was with at the time also screwed her over.) I'm very nice towards her. I do nice things for her, i Like alot of her facebook posts, etc. I've noticed on facebook she doesn't gush about me the same way she did the bad boy. The only statuses she'll tag me in is if I do something nice for her, she'll gloat about it on facebook. Sometimes she may tag me if we go out to dinner or go out on some kind of date. But she doesn't gush over my attractiveness the way she did with the bad boy.

I sent her a relationship status request on facebook when we became official. She accepted the request (making us facebook offical,) but she has her relationship status hidden on her profile. She's even gotten a new job in that time and she changed her workplace on facebook, but still didn't bother to make her relationship status visible. Im not in her profile picture or her cover picture. I've noticed over the last 3-4 weeks her facebook activity including me has gone waaayyyy down. She's tagged me in almost nothing for 3-4 weeks now. Which is uncommon for her with how Facebook-oriented she is. So, I decided to do some snooping. I look at her Recently Added Friends list on facebook, and I see she added a couple random guys. They both live in her area and both of their profiles say they're single. The one guy seems like a typical facebook w h o r e; thousands of friends, mostly females. I look at his profile pic, only to find that she "Liked" his profile pic. She also liked a random status he made sometime after adding her. So, I look on her Instagram, she added those same couple guys on instagram along with a few other seemingly random guys. One of them had model-like pictures, but he lives in our area. I'm fearing that she's trying to disguise herself as being single. What are your thoughts?
sadly I don't like this scenario one bit. I disagree that she has to make you feel as the previous men because she doesn't seem that into you but her secretly doing things is a red flag. Her focus should be on you and the life she is building.

Old 11-12-2016, 12:31 PM

8,085 posts, read 5,262,881 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by calnbs View Post
I laugh every time someone talks about facebook and relationship. I just can't take it seriously.

OP, put up or shut up. It's simple as that. Stay and suffer or move on. She's not ready for a serious relationship.
Yep.

Facebook. Official.

We're screwed.

Old 11-13-2016, 01:53 AM

30,902 posts, read 33,048,877 times
OP, have you talked to her yet?

There really is just no other way to know.

Old 11-13-2016, 08:09 AM

22,278 posts, read 21,765,736 times
OP, you don't have a lot of experience with women do you?

Old 11-13-2016, 08:26 AM

2,802 posts, read 3,195,256 times
Quote:
You've ignored the fact that I noticed her adding random single guys in her area and liking their pictures. While her profile shows pretty much no indication that she's in a relationship. Whats the justification for that?
Why don't you take it up with her instead of asking on a public forum?

Old 11-13-2016, 08:59 AM

19,743 posts, read 20,300,567 times
Quote:
To keep this as compressed as I can, this woman was dating somebody in August who she was very into. (She made it clear on facebook pretty much every night how into him she was.) They weren't official, they were just dating. He was one of those "pretty boy bad boys." (After we eventually met, in a conversation we had, she told me she had a tendency to go for those guys in the past.) He screwed her over 3 or 4 weeks into them dating. She was sobbing on facebook, asking why she cant meet a good guy. I ended up asking her out on a date a couple of weeks later (I had added her over the summer through a dating site.) About two weeks after we met, we were in a relationship. (This was late September.) It happened so fast. She appreciated how I wasn't one of those jerk bad boys who was going to screw her over. (She hasn't been in an official relationship for about a year and that relationship ended abruptly when the badboy she was with at the time also screwed her over.) I'm very nice towards her. I do nice things for her, i Like alot of her facebook posts, etc. I've noticed on facebook she doesn't gush about me the same way she did the bad boy. The only statuses she'll tag me in is if I do something nice for her, she'll gloat about it on facebook. Sometimes she may tag me if we go out to dinner or go out on some kind of date. But she doesn't gush over my attractiveness the way she did with the bad boy.

I sent her a relationship status request on facebook when we became official. She accepted the request (making us facebook offical,) but she has her relationship status hidden on her profile. She's even gotten a new job in that time and she changed her workplace on facebook, but still didn't bother to make her relationship status visible. Im not in her profile picture or her cover picture. I've noticed over the last 3-4 weeks her facebook activity including me has gone waaayyyy down. She's tagged me in almost nothing for 3-4 weeks now. Which is uncommon for her with how Facebook-oriented she is. So, I decided to do some snooping. I look at her Recently Added Friends list on facebook, and I see she added a couple random guys. They both live in her area and both of their profiles say they're single. The one guy seems like a typical facebook w h o r e; thousands of friends, mostly females. I look at his profile pic, only to find that she "Liked" his profile pic. She also liked a random status he made sometime after adding her. So, I look on her Instagram, she added those same couple guys on instagram along with a few other seemingly random guys. One of them had model-like pictures, but he lives in our area. I'm fearing that she's trying to disguise herself as being single. What are your thoughts?
You're aware you are not her type. She flat out told you what her type is. You just didn't listen...

You're the nice guy. You're the inbetween guy. You're just the guy before the next guy..

The snooping did not reveal anything you didn't already know, so don't act like this is some kind of "shock" or betrayal. You already knew who you were dealing with, man. So don't get all up in arms over it now that's there no denying it anymore.

Old 11-13-2016, 09:51 AM

5,722 posts, read 5,808,166 times
If she's on Facebook talking to random dudes her profile should be showing the "In a Relationship" tag. Men use Facebook partially as an online dating tool, well, some do anyway. This goes for any woman really. I would raise my eyebrow at someone that thinks otherwise..all of my friends that are married or in a relationship show that on their Facebook page.

Old 11-13-2016, 01:07 PM

3,850 posts, read 4,159,902 times
Her Facebook activity sounds incredibly OTT. That would be off-putting to many guys, if not most. But I digress...

You really need to evaluate and feel confident in your actual relationship, not the one on Facebook. My husband was not even on Facebook when we met. Eventually he got an account at my behest (I set it up). I didn't care anything at all about being "Facebook-official." We may not have even done that until I moved in with him, not sure. He rarely posts anything on Facebook and I certainly don't need Facebook "shout-outs" from him. I never did, because I was confident about the relationship. What happens on Facebook doesn't matter. My advice is to live your relationship in person, not online. The rest is just noise. If you're so concerned about your social media status, you're doing it wrong.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships