Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 01-14-2017, 03:32 PM

382 posts, read 337,024 times

Advertisements

Ex told me to move on in December. So I move on...then a week goes by she texts me then calls me when I don't respond. Then a week later texts me then calls me a week later. Once or twice a week I get a call or text from her. New Years she sent me a text "where are you going out to" I said no where. Later in the day I texted her and asked her why she asked me that and if it was so we didn't see each other. She responded with "just wondering"

A week goes by and she calls me and tells me the cellphone bill is going to be high. And I asked her again why she asked me about New Years... And now it was because "so we didn't see each other and it be weird".

I'm trying to move on, and as soon as I can I'm getting off the phone bill with her. Any thoughts on why she's doing this **** to me?
Quick reply to this message

Old 01-14-2017, 03:37 PM

23,175 posts, read 26,226,903 times
You're still hooked to her with a shared phone service?
Who pays it?
If she does, I'd keep track of you,too.

Old 01-14-2017, 03:40 PM

130,561 posts, read 12,152,083 times
Get a new phone number & don't give it to her. Unless you want to reconcile???

Old 01-14-2017, 03:43 PM

3,510 posts, read 771,647 times
grass is not always greener ...

Old 01-14-2017, 04:01 PM

I posted before in the last couple
Months. Where I was chasing her after and she said couldn't forgive me or trust me again. But I backed off completely went NC but she kept reaching out to me..every time i asked her out it was it would be weird and I haven't fully forgiven you yet...and it's always the same thing "James idk if we will ever get back together" then she reaches out to me for random **** or about the phone bill.

I'm in a weird phase right now, it's like I would love to get back together but she isn't and by the time she might be ready I'll probably be to pissed off to say yes.

Old 01-14-2017, 04:03 PM

It's split 50/50 but she must be checking on me though. Because she got mad at me in December and said move on when I didn't do anything wrong. Then she reaches out to me and then New Years sends that text then says what I posted and says move on. I haven't heard from her in a week.

I've noticed a pattern, when she's dating someone she reaches out to me here and there but when she doesn't have someone she calls me more or talks to me about more personal stuff.

Old 01-14-2017, 06:56 PM

23,593 posts, read 37,506,794 times
Take her advice. Make a clean break (my advice) and move on (hers).

Old 01-15-2017, 01:41 PM

Yeah I've tried, I'm going to as soon as I can get off her bill. I don't want her to have to pay for the phone.

Old 01-15-2017, 01:48 PM

8,779 posts, read 9,462,598 times
She's attempting to do the "we can just be friends" nonsense (I.E. let's be friends until I don't want to be anymore) so she can have everything go her way, when she wants it and how she wants it.

She will hang you out to dry on whatever it is you have done to make her feel badly when it serves some form of gain for her, but never fully detach herself from you becuase you will always come back to fulfill her needs in the moments she needs another's cooperation to fulfill them.

I think you understand you should be cutting her loose and telling her you don't think it's a good idea to be contacting one another. You just have no other options to reach out to and are use her in much of the same way she is attempting to use you right now.

It's setting up a dangerously unhealthy/offbalance relation to have to one another moving forward.

If you don't cut her loose like she told you she wanted, you can enjoy the potential of a rekindled relationship with someone who will run at the sign of any small relationship hiccup and guilt trip you to hell and back when they do not receive what they desire.

She is attempting to test how much you will buy in to by reaching back out to you after setting up the initial demands to back off in the first place...that's not just a red flag for a healthy functioning relationship as a whole, that's showing you how much she is capable of keeping committed to her own convictions as an individual...which can only cause issues later on when she encounters her own personal issues that test her commitments to others.

Last edited by rego00123; 01-15-2017 at 02:21 PM..

Old 01-15-2017, 01:55 PM

15,675 posts, read 11,542,577 times
Is this the same exe that you went Disneyland with or she wanted you to ages and ages ago?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships