Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-16-2016, 05:42 PM

466 posts, read 314,747 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Curmudgeon View Post
Possessive, demanding and controlling.
you can call it all of the above but I make sure to take care of my woman in every way possible.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-16-2016, 08:13 PM

49,927 posts, read 59,955,675 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by StarfoxGod View Post
you can call it all of the above but I make sure to take care of my woman in every way possible.
Well, it IS all of the above, and you can't "take care of your woman in every way possible" with the list of requirements you rattled off. They are mutually exclusive.

Your list makes it sound like you view "your woman" the way someone would view a pet, and not an independent person with a brain and a heart.

That's why you wouldn't get back with an ex who had slept with someone else. You apparently only see women as who they are in relation to who you want them to be. Unless you date only virgins your entire life, you'll never be with someone who hasn't had someone else to compare to. A secure person can handle that thought.

Old 12-16-2016, 10:27 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wmsn4Life View Post
Well, it IS all of the above, and you can't "take care of your woman in every way possible" with the list of requirements you rattled off. They are mutually exclusive.

Your list makes it sound like you view "your woman" the way someone would view a pet, and not an independent person with a brain and a heart.

That's why you wouldn't get back with an ex who had slept with someone else. You apparently only see women as who they are in relation to who you want them to be. Unless you date only virgins your entire life, you'll never be with someone who hasn't had someone else to compare to. A secure person can handle that thought.
My ex was not a virgin but I wouldn't get back with a person who left me for another and realize damn she misses my company, my sex, my treatment or a person who has cheated. I'm very big on any woman who dares do any of the above, in my religion it is haram. The list by the way is applied both ways, it has nothing to do with being inferior as a pet would be however it's a way to make sure men and women are doing right by their partners and are not going around doing as they please. If you want total freedom then be single or be with someone who shares your values. This is why many american people cheat on others because there is no honor and integrity when it comes to commitment.

Old 12-17-2016, 09:22 AM

18,759 posts, read 11,798,566 times
I don't like to go backwards, I like to go forward. Trying to get back together with someone after a break up is like going backwards. The same personality traits that caused the relationship to disintegrate are most likely still there. Yes people change, but is it enough to fix the original problem? Probably not.

Old 12-17-2016, 09:25 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by animalcrazy View Post
I don't like to go backwards, I like to go forward. Trying to get back together with someone after a break up is like going backwards. The same personality traits that caused the relationship to disintegrate are most likely still there. Yes people change, but is it enough to fix the original problem? Probably not.
very true indeed.

Old 12-17-2016, 11:04 AM

10,216 posts, read 8,308,431 times
This reminds me of an ex I dated three years ago and she approached me but we met at school. At the time she was 19 and I was 24 but she saw me at the store yesterday and we caught up with how our lives were since we broke up. Nothing bad happened between us she just moved away because of school.

Old 12-17-2016, 11:08 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by 49ersfan27 View Post
This reminds me of an ex I dated three years ago and she approached me but we met at school. At the time she was 19 and I was 24 but she saw me at the store yesterday and we caught up with how our lives were since we broke up. Nothing bad happened between us she just moved away because of school.
That's cool and understandable. I would give a girl like that another try if we were both single.

Old 12-17-2016, 03:28 PM

10,216 posts, read 8,308,431 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by StarfoxGod View Post
That's cool and understandable. I would give a girl like that another try if we were both single.
We both aren't in the mood to date. She just got out of a bad relationship and I won't bring my situation to attention anymore.

Old 12-17-2016, 06:34 PM

1,517 posts, read 1,666,367 times
Doesn't matter whether it ended badly or amicably, I'm not a fan of recycling exes. They're exes for a reason.

Old 12-17-2016, 06:48 PM

15,675 posts, read 11,529,594 times
Is this only exes from past relationships or does casual count as well?

I've had a fling with one that I was in a relationship with but naturally it wouldn't go any further as lovely40 said they're exes for a reason.

And with women I've known casually in the past yes I've bumped into quite a few and " said hello "

I've very rarely had a bad break up but still wouldn't consider getting back with one that I was serious with.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships