Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: rejector or rejectee
rejector 24 61.54%
rejectee 15 38.46%
Voters: 39. You may not vote on this poll

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-01-2017, 05:21 PM

3,426 posts, read 3,344,128 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by blondiel View Post
Good for you for the way you handled her overture. I have been on both sides. I will usually have a nice quiet conversation with him and basically say that I don't want to date at this time. If he won't take no for an answer, I will not respond to his calls or text. If calls or text continue, I will block his number. I can deal with being rejected, that's life. There is a right way to do anything, and ghosting is the most coward way to end things.
100% this! As a guy, it's much easier for the woman to tell me direct: she can't be in a relationship. Any variety of things - "It's not you, it's me..." "I need to reassess my life..." "I just need time for me..." are all rejections! To which I say "See ya!" and I never contact her again.

Any guy who calls/texts continuously after hearing that deserves to get blocked. That's neediness and insecurity...and immature!

Oh, and did I mention in past threads that ghosting is immature also? And stupid! As far as people who ghost, what goes around, comes around!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-01-2017, 06:00 PM

1,261 posts, read 971,514 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 49erfan916 View Post
I didn't really realize how hard it is to have the balls to have a straight and honest conversation with the other person. (i know, it's pathetic) When I went ghost on someone, I thought I did it so they would get the "hint" and I'm doing them a "favor" by letting them down gently--but that wasn't the case at all. I went ghost because it was easier for me to do; rather than me having the "courage" to tell someone that I wasn't interested in them in the most polite way.
This is probably tbe most honest thing I've seen on here.

Old 01-02-2017, 01:58 AM

291 posts, read 505,968 times
I'd rather be the rejector. I'm a wuss though so usually when a guy acts like he's interested and I'm not, I talk about someone I'm "dating" even if I'm not seeing anyone lol.

Old 01-02-2017, 02:21 AM

4,523 posts, read 3,406,471 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bloopers View Post
I'd rather be the rejector. I'm a wuss though so usually when a guy acts like he's interested and I'm not, I talk about someone I'm "dating" even if I'm not seeing anyone lol.
That's actually smart and a good indirect soft rejection, whether it's true or not.

But, some players will still continue pursuing and pretend they didn't even hear that you're dating someone, lol.

Old 01-02-2017, 07:14 AM

1,915 posts, read 1,481,472 times
I've been in the shoes of both roles. Being the one who is rejected is a whole lot easier emotionally. So that's the role I prefer.

Old 01-02-2017, 06:06 PM

746 posts, read 442,503 times
Nobody in their right mind would want to be the rejectee.

Old 01-02-2017, 06:23 PM

1,915 posts, read 1,481,472 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by RandyHS View Post
I picked it because when it comes to random strangers hitting on me or me hitting on them, I really don't care what they think. If I'm rejected, so what. I know not everyone will be interested in me. Heck, I won't be most men's type. If rejected, I just forget about him and move on.

But I do know some people are emotional about being rejected by strangers. They really take it to heart. And I don't like to hurt people, so not being interested in someone like that feels bad because you are going to hurt them. And that makes me feel like crap.

So for me being rejected = who cares, move on to someone else. No hard feelings at all. But rejecting someone = possibly hurting someone's feels and then feeling bad about it.

Old 01-02-2017, 06:46 PM

9,301 posts, read 8,347,687 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by RandyHS View Post
Yeah, because everyone in their right mind would want to be harassed and worse by someone they are not interested in.

I'd love to send my stalker your way.

...be careful, he might pull a knife on you.

(It's all fun).

Old 01-02-2017, 06:53 PM

26,700 posts, read 41,748,461 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by The Dissenter View Post
Definitely the rejector. I don't need a set to tell a woman no.
Hey whoever left me this rep comment. (Without signing their name, good show of cowardice.)

"Wow...classy guy"

Whatever. It isn't like I get much opportunity to reject women anyway. Plus most the time I just fade away before we ever even meet. Not exactly a heartbreaker here.

Old 01-02-2017, 07:12 PM

247 posts, read 198,157 times
I definitely prefer to be the rejector although I hate hurting feelings and I'm not blunt at all so I've only done soft rejections.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships