Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-05-2017, 11:35 AM

1,180 posts, read 2,923,183 times

Advertisements

save yourself OP or we will be watching how this unfolded on Dateline or 20/ 20 soon.

Never- in 35 years of marriage have I EVER started a sentence " ok am I allowed".....................

this is bad- really really bad...........whether you go "dancing" or not is the LEAST of your worries right now
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-05-2017, 11:37 AM

49,927 posts, read 59,955,675 times
Yes, you should go dancing. Just don't get engaged or married to anyone.

Old 01-05-2017, 11:38 AM

289 posts, read 145,809 times
I think your trip should be permanent. These are HUGE red flags and not at all normal.

Old 01-05-2017, 11:40 AM

95 posts, read 83,723 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by funymann View Post
FaceBook live you dancing when you go! Lol!!
LOL that's hilarious, thanks for the laugh. I needed it

Old 01-05-2017, 11:43 AM

95 posts, read 83,723 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ruth4Truth View Post
OP, he's giving you a way out of this horrible marriage--take it! I don't know how/why you got married to this person in the first place, but he's giving you an easy way out. Hold him to his promise, and enjoy your visit with your family. Frankly, he sounds a little mentally ill.

Also, it's a sign of an abuser if they cut their spouse off from visiting family. Does he try to isolate you in other ways? This "threat" of his is a great blessing. Take it and run with it!
I haven't seen him trying to isolate me completely yet but I'm already kind of isolated anyways because I work all day from 6 am to 4 pm, go home to cook, then study for my master's degree so I don't have much free time. But when we do go to my parents house (same area, 40 minutes away), he'll only want to stay about an hour each time then say something like "I need to go home because my stomachs upset and I need to use the bathroom." Every.single.time.

And he has made many comments about me having male friends (who I don't hang out with btw). He told me I was wrong to take a picture with my male coworker at a daytime work party so...

Old 01-05-2017, 11:45 AM

Location: Born in L.A. - NYC is Second Home - Rustbelt is Home Base
1,607 posts, read 1,086,000 times
OP...you need to move on. You got a bad one.

Old 01-05-2017, 12:25 PM

10,930 posts, read 11,727,236 times
Maybe you'll meet a sweet guy. Good luck

Old 01-05-2017, 12:30 PM

102,212 posts, read 107,931,771 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mrs.mhernandez View Post
I haven't seen him trying to isolate me completely yet but I'm already kind of isolated anyways because I work all day from 6 am to 4 pm, go home to cook, then study for my master's degree so I don't have much free time. But when we do go to my parents house (same area, 40 minutes away), he'll only want to stay about an hour each time then say something like "I need to go home because my stomachs upset and I need to use the bathroom." Every.single.time.

And he has made many comments about me having male friends (who I don't hang out with btw). He told me I was wrong to take a picture with my male coworker at a daytime work party so...
He's a nut case. OK, so you're in school, good for you! And you live close enough to your mom that it sounds like you could commute to work and school from her place, if you had to move back in with her, even though commuting might take some time out of your day. I would seriously consider that option, if I were you. Once you complete your MA program, you can get a better-paying job, and get your own place.

Good luck! It's a new year, OP. Time for a new life.

Old 01-05-2017, 12:49 PM

12,823 posts, read 24,406,112 times
The OP needs to either learn how to find a better husband (now 0 for 2) or give up on the idea of marriage.

Old 01-05-2017, 07:50 PM

10,341 posts, read 5,867,792 times
Just go! Don't think about him while you're gone, don't constantly check your phone, if he's gone when you get back pick out a couple of cats from the humane society.

He wont be gone though, he hopes you wont go- and if you do he wants you to have a rotten time. Why do you need him?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships