Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-19-2017, 08:26 AM

5 posts, read 2,447 times

Advertisements

She says she likes me, but shows the complete opposite. A month or 2 ago, I barely got to see her, would barely even hear from her, but she was talking to other people. Whenver we would be at work together, which is rarely, she would act like she didnt know me in front of her friends. A while went by and it was the 1st time i saw her in a while, at work. so i told her i'd go on break with her to spend time with her. She told me 7. I went on break at 7, she did too but left the building with her friends and said nothing to me. Why not just tell me if you have other arrangements, i wont get angry, i will get angry when im waiting and waiting for you and you never show up.. thats just a LITTLE of what happened before we broke up..yeah we broke up. she told me she still likes me and she wants to try again, but just to take it slower... i made a recommendation that we do take it slower, but also date officially as in meet eachothers families and spend holidays at eachothers houses and stuff, since she is also going to be moving for college . she said yes, and even gave me a specific date on when we can go out on a date. but her actions dont match up with her words. why should i believe she likes me JUST because she says it. things are constantly up & down and it doesnt help that she cant communicate when theres an issue. so im just stuck with these feelings and cant say anything becasue the moment i do I'm "blowing things out of proportions" im still holding on, i still like her, but should i trust her do you think she is being truthful or do you think she honestly has trouble showing how she feels...
Also, if i dont text her first she send me a " " as in wheres my text, but she could text first too lol, i actually want her to text first to show she has actual interest.. i think i am acting a little childish also bc this is the first person i dated who actually likes me back.. or claims she does. idk what to do
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-19-2017, 08:31 AM

49,927 posts, read 59,955,675 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by alwayshungry0 View Post
why should i believe she likes me JUST because she says it.
You shouldn't. She doesn't act like she likes you. At all.

Quote:
idk what to do
Focus your energy and attention elsewhere.

Old 01-19-2017, 09:06 AM

20,764 posts, read 19,976,767 times
Quote:
She says she likes me, but shows the complete opposite. A month or 2 ago, I barely got to see her, would barely even hear from her, but she was talking to other people. Whenver we would be at work together, which is rarely, she would act like she didnt know me in front of her friends. A while went by and it was the 1st time i saw her in a while, at work. so i told her i'd go on break with her to spend time with her. She told me 7. I went on break at 7, she did too but left the building with her friends and said nothing to me. Why not just tell me if you have other arrangements, i wont get angry, i will get angry when im waiting and waiting for you and you never show up.. thats just a LITTLE of what happened before we broke up..yeah we broke up. she told me she still likes me and she wants to try again, but just to take it slower... i made a recommendation that we do take it slower, but also date officially as in meet eachothers families and spend holidays at eachothers houses and stuff, since she is also going to be moving for college . she said yes, and even gave me a specific date on when we can go out on a date. but her actions dont match up with her words. why should i believe she likes me JUST because she says it. things are constantly up & down and it doesnt help that she cant communicate when theres an issue. so im just stuck with these feelings and cant say anything becasue the moment i do I'm "blowing things out of proportions" im still holding on, i still like her, but should i trust her do you think she is being truthful or do you think she honestly has trouble showing how she feels...
Also, if i dont text her first she send me a " " as in wheres my text, but she could text first too lol, i actually want her to text first to show she has actual interest.. i think i am acting a little childish also bc this is the first person i dated who actually likes me back.. or claims she does. idk what to do
Don't stay hungry, eat some. And forget her.

Old 01-19-2017, 09:19 AM

708 posts, read 823,960 times
Ignore what people tell you, only listen to how they act. You are wasting your time, energy, emotion and psychological health. You need to stop, and after you've done that you should examine why you did it in the first place (self esteem).

Old 01-19-2017, 10:23 AM

8,923 posts, read 7,723,158 times
I don't see how in the world you fell for this girl, it seems like you both have spent no significant time together at all, not enough to develop feelings. Just sounds like attraction and infatuation.

If it was me, I would've been stopped dealing with her. She's doing nothing but wasting time.

Old 01-19-2017, 10:28 AM

20,764 posts, read 19,976,767 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Auraliea View Post
I don't see how in the world you fell for this girl, it seems like you both have spent no significant time together at all, not enough to develop feelings. Just sounds attraction and infatuation.

If it was me, I would've been stopped dealing with her. She's doing nothing but wasting time.
^^^ you nailed it (as usual)

Old 01-19-2017, 10:29 AM

12,585 posts, read 16,955,404 times
What a flake.

Old 01-19-2017, 10:36 AM

8,924 posts, read 5,629,144 times
Why do you want to punish yourself? Too many fish in the sea. Wake up! Do you really think she gives a hang about you? Really?

Old 01-19-2017, 10:52 AM

217 posts, read 237,753 times
If she truly liked you, she would introduce you to her friends -- NOT ignore you in front of them.

Old 01-19-2017, 12:12 PM

540 posts, read 1,096,998 times
Stop this sort of behavior now or you'll be a doormat your entire life.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships