Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-29-2017, 08:43 PM

1,190 posts, read 1,027,456 times

Advertisements

I think you should do whatever makes you happy. Next time I suggest dating someone your own age though. Good luck to you
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-29-2017, 08:43 PM

273 posts, read 503,574 times
Before I paid her tuition she applied for student loans. This is the first time I've dated someone younger and also a student. Her tuition costs just seemed like something I would take care of to make things smoother and less stressful.

I love her dearly. The problem and I guess also what drew us together was our introverted and cool emotional shell that we both have. I suppose now it's come to a point where I'd like to know where this going. I feel I'm wasting time if this is just a phase for her.

My decision to leave I feel gives me clarity. The move is really a way for me to run away and start things fresh. I'm also a huge fan of the beach and a warmer climate.

Old 01-29-2017, 08:46 PM

49,927 posts, read 59,984,705 times
Are you married?

Old 01-29-2017, 08:57 PM

83 posts, read 79,665 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Exhibit_B View Post
Before I paid her tuition she applied for student loans. This is the first time I've dated someone younger and also a student. Her tuition costs just seemed like something I would take care of to make things smoother and less stressful.

I love her dearly. The problem and I guess also what drew us together was our introverted and cool emotional shell that we both have. I suppose now it's come to a point where I'd like to know where this going. I feel I'm wasting time if this is just a phase for her.

My decision to leave I feel gives me clarity. The move is really a way for me to run away and start things fresh. I'm also a huge fan of the beach and a warmer climate.
You don't sound like you are in love with this girl. Move on with your life and find someone closer to your age. It's a lesson to you both: for you, stop wasting your time with little ones you have to pay for and for her; to not rely on a guy to pay for everything.

Old 01-29-2017, 09:07 PM

332 posts, read 294,782 times
The age gap isn't the problem, the problem is you forking out so much money on a girl who seemingly doesn't see a future with you. I usually date guys your age and I'm at least a decade younger, but I have never felt comfortable letting a guy pay for so much. Have a talk with her and definitely touch base on where she stands in terms of marriage/kids, if that's something you desire. I don't see age being a problem, but maturity level being one. If she's still in that partying phase, perhaps it's time to move on. I'm currently dating someone 11 years older, all is well (kinda)

Old 01-29-2017, 09:18 PM

4,523 posts, read 3,409,168 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by wizdum View Post
You don't sound like you are in love with this girl. Move on with your life and find someone closer to your age. It's a lesson to you both: for you, stop wasting your time with little ones you have to pay for and for her; to not rely on a guy to pay for everything.
Age has nothing to do with it, but the maturity level between both parties (or one).

Plenty of early 20's women want something long term, however, not sure the OP's friend is one of them. She may still be in that having fun/partying phase.

Old 01-29-2017, 09:30 PM

5,573 posts, read 3,350,956 times
Weird effing thread. Are you impotent or do you perhaps wear women's underwear. Kind of inside baseball, but then perhaps not. If you're both it would explain 3 weird AF threads

Old 01-30-2017, 12:12 AM

1,190 posts, read 1,027,456 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by homina12 View Post
Weird effing thread. Are you impotent or do you perhaps wear women's underwear. Kind of inside baseball, but then perhaps not. If you're both it would explain 3 weird AF threads

Old 01-30-2017, 05:33 AM

11,396 posts, read 24,465,484 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Exhibit_B View Post

Why haven't you discussed these things with her?

Old 01-30-2017, 09:29 AM

1,659 posts, read 1,659,591 times
Just wait until her final classes have been completed then she'll dump you. Problem solved.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships