Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 02-05-2017, 06:17 AM

902 posts, read 864,370 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by k374 View Post
Swastika originally is a Hindu symbol that has sacred meaning. Hitler used it for his own purposes. You can see swastikas in India in many places. Perhaps this girl intended the meaning to be the original Hindu spiritual meaning.

You can find swastikas all over Washington DC on different buildings' stonework. I was a bit taken aback when I first saw them years ago as I didn't know the history behind the symbol pre-Hitler.

Old 02-05-2017, 06:30 AM

11,110 posts, read 9,826,306 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by CaliforniaCollie View Post
I know the origins of the swastika however, I don't think it's typical that the people with a swastika tattoo have it based on the origins lol....

I don't know if this is a serious topic or not. I know this isn't a political forum but Trump is very pro Israel....

Anyway if this is a serious topic, no I could not date someone with something racist tattooed on them. I would assume that if their views changed that they would have gotten it removed.
Correct.

No one sees a picture of Manson family acolytes with swastikas carved into their foreheads, or swastikas all over the arms of some white guy with a shaved head and wearing combat boots, and thinks to themself: 'Oh! Hindus!'

Old 02-05-2017, 07:28 AM

23,175 posts, read 26,221,439 times
It could be that since it's on her backside where she doesn't get reminded of it very often and she supposes it's under her clothes, she simply doesn't worry about it enough to think about removal or do-over.
She could possibly think of it as some dumb thing she did when young and of little consequence and not even consider what others may think of it.
Whether or not that is a good attitude or not is for each individual to decide.

Old 02-05-2017, 08:42 AM

19,732 posts, read 20,276,616 times
If your dream girl has a swastika tattoo on her butt, you have issues.

Old 02-05-2017, 09:59 AM

48,556 posts, read 34,911,433 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by old_cold View Post
It could be that since it's on her backside where she doesn't get reminded of it very often and she supposes it's under her clothes, she simply doesn't worry about it enough to think about removal or do-over.
She could possibly think of it as some dumb thing she did when young and of little consequence and not even consider what others may think of it.
Whether or not that is a good attitude or not is for each individual to decide.

Have YOU ever dated a Jew?

(That isn't offensive to you?)
And check this out: FAQ
Moderator: Relationships Forum / Hawaii Forum / Dogs / Pets / Current Events

Old 02-05-2017, 10:16 AM

23,175 posts, read 26,221,439 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mikala43 View Post
Have YOU ever dated a Jew?

(That isn't offensive to you?)

Huh?
No idea what that has to do with what I wrote.

Old 02-05-2017, 10:19 AM

48,556 posts, read 34,911,433 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by old_cold View Post
Huh?
No idea what that has to do with what I wrote.

Swastika girl asked the OP that.
And check this out: FAQ
Moderator: Relationships Forum / Hawaii Forum / Dogs / Pets / Current Events

Old 02-05-2017, 10:28 AM

15,675 posts, read 11,539,866 times
OP the bottom line is if YOU find it offensive then don't proceed mate simples

What's the point if it's going to be an ongoing or reoccurring problem?

Old 02-05-2017, 11:05 AM
BMI

7,454 posts, read 7,282,803 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by RbccL View Post
She has a swastika and asked him if he's ever dated a Jew. Hmmm....I just don't know what to think...
That's the first question we normally ask a potential partner, if they've ever dated a Jew, right? Because we're into yoga.
Exactly, drop her like a hot potato.

Old 02-05-2017, 11:11 AM

13,650 posts, read 10,045,306 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Griphin View Post
So I really need some advice. I have been on 4 dates with a woman that has always been nice and I have known for about a month before asking her out.

Everything between us has been great and we have so far had some fun dates, however on our last one we were at her place and at one point she dropped something and picked it up and not to sound like I was intentionally looking but as she picked it up the back of her jeans slipped down a bit (wearing low rise type jeans) and saw a swastika tattoo very low on her back. I was quite shocked, she has never said anything racist or the like.

Looking back the only thing in retrospect that seemed a little odd was during our last date we started talking about politics and got on the subject of our president and such (and not to stereotype but she is a big fan of trump) and I made mention that Israel will have some problem with trump and she asked if I had ever dated a Jewish woman. I said no and didn't really think much of it.

I never said anything to her when I saw it, and she is 30 so perhaps I am just being naive but I think it's possible she could have gotten it when she was very young and even if she did have racist beliefs she doesn't now but hasn't gotten it removed yet.

Should I confront her in a nice way next time we get together or just assume the worse and just immediately end it?
I just thought I'd point this out. The Bold bit.

There's also the tone of voice, and intonation to be taken into account, which is something none of us, but the OP, can know.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships