Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 02-02-2017, 06:38 PM

49 posts, read 53,878 times

Advertisements

So wanted to give an update: I talked to her about it, she said she got it when she was 19 and she was just really angry going through some life issues then and got involved with the wrong people. She said she doesn't have any racist or prejudice views and she would remove it but hasn't really had the money to.

Old 02-02-2017, 06:43 PM

2,771 posts, read 2,303,872 times
"RRRRR! I'm Angry! I think I'll deface my body for life."

Old 02-02-2017, 06:59 PM

10,341 posts, read 5,866,286 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Griphin View Post
So wanted to give an update: I talked to her about it, she said she got it when she was 19 and she was just really angry going through some life issues then and got involved with the wrong people. She said she doesn't have any racist or prejudice views and she would remove it but hasn't really had the money to.
Why'd she ask if you've ever gone out with a Jew then? That isn't an every day getting to know you question:
"So what kind of music do you listen to?"
"you ever been with a Jew?"
"What do you think of the new restaurant down the street?"
"I used to hate Jews so bad that I had my body altered".
"One day I decided they were ok!"

...she hasn't had money in 11 years?
or did she mean she got involved with some badass Hindus?

All around winner of a story.

Old 02-02-2017, 07:20 PM

15,074 posts, read 10,105,001 times
Quote:
There yah go... simple.

That is pretty darn angry to deface your own body though...

Old 02-02-2017, 07:28 PM

6,822 posts, read 6,636,718 times
Quote:
So I really need some advice. I have been on 4 dates with a woman that has always been nice and I have known for about a month before asking her out.

Everything between us has been great and we have so far had some fun dates, however on our last one we were at her place and at one point she dropped something and picked it up and not to sound like I was intentionally looking but as she picked it up the back of her jeans slipped down a bit (wearing low rise type jeans) and saw a swastika tattoo very low on her back. I was quite shocked, she has never said anything racist or the like.

Looking back the only thing in retrospect that seemed a little odd was during our last date we started talking about politics and got on the subject of our president and such (and not to stereotype but she is a big fan of trump) and I made mention that Israel will have some problem with trump and she asked if I had ever dated a Jewish woman. I said no and didn't really think much of it.

I never said anything to her when I saw it, and she is 30 so perhaps I am just being naive but I think it's possible she could have gotten it when she was very young and even if she did have racist beliefs she doesn't now but hasn't gotten it removed yet.

Should I confront her in a nice way next time we get together or just assume the worse and just immediately end it?
Anyone that equates Trump to racist only demonstrates to me they aren't very bright and highly influential. Not very attractive qualities.

Ask her about it sometime. "So I notice you have a swastika on you butt." "so you're telling me I'm dating a member of the Third Reich?"

You can playfully ask it. Ultimately whether or not she's a Nazi sympathizer is a deal breaker, but that's just me..

Old 02-02-2017, 07:31 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Augiec View Post
You should suggest your next date be a Holocaust museum or memorial. Just to see how she responds. If her head explodes it's a double win:

You found out without seeming creepy
Rid the world of a racist
LMAO!

OP do it!

Old 02-02-2017, 07:36 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by whocares811 View Post
That would be an absolute deal-breaker for me. I would flat out end it -- no calls, no texting, nothing -- and if she contacted me to ask why I severed the contact with her, I would flat out tell her that I did not want to date someone with a tattoo like that.

There is NO excuse that would be acceptable to me. If she had had it done when she was younger and no longer felt that way, she should have had it removed before now.

As someone else said, even if the symbol was for something not as offensive as what most people think that a swastika represents, displaying such a symbol, in my opinion, shows an incredible lack of sensitivity, good sense and intelligence. But, yes, I do agree that everyone should have the right to freedom of expression, no matter how offensive it might be, just as I also believe that people should also have the right to not associate with people who -- in their opinion -- show such a lack of sensitivity, good taste, and good judgment.
well said.

Agreed. Not entirely surprised though as she's been described. Was probably hammered when she got the thing and has no clue what it stands for.

Old 02-02-2017, 08:43 PM

23,593 posts, read 37,484,310 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by notinpa View Post
Don't get the tattoo
Don't post vapid, insulting nonsense.

Old 02-02-2017, 08:53 PM

23,707 posts, read 30,753,834 times
Quote:
Since getting tattoos is not expensive, she could've had another one put over it in order to morph it into something else. She chose not to. She is what she is.

Old 02-02-2017, 09:05 PM

5,624 posts, read 6,846,119 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by bobman View Post
I dated a girl who had a butterfly tattoo.

She wasn't, as it turned out, a butterfly.
I have Be Still, im definitely not a still person.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fratrock View Post
Seeing that she is obviously white why would it matter to her if he dated a Jewish woman, since they can be white?
huh? Didnt you attend History class in school?????

----------------
My dads church is a United Methodist church built in 1917 and has Swastika symbols on the original floor. Doesnt mean they love Jews, Germans or Nazis. Its just the design the floor is done in.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships