Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-17-2017, 09:54 AM

7,400 posts, read 6,378,600 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by NewYorker11356 View Post
With me, that wouldn't be the case. If a woman unnecessarily plays hard to get, then I'll likely just move on to someone that won't play these childish games.
Pretty much.

But I never played hard to get. I'm not coy and am far too direct for silly games. No time for such nonsense.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-17-2017, 09:59 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by GeoffD View Post
Threads like this make me wonder if the human race is sustainable. This is how 17-year-old boys view relationships and sex. What adult woman would put up with it?
There are a lot of 20 and 30-somethings who view dating and relationships this way. Perhaps because healthy relationships were not modeled during their early and formative years. And various micro-cultures that perpetuate these attitudes. No wonder so many have dysfunctional relationships and attitudes toward dating.

Old 02-17-2017, 09:59 AM

48,564 posts, read 34,941,456 times
Hard to get as "get away from me you creep" versus "I've enjoyed our first date, get your hand off my boob"?

In my experience, guys like girls who are hard to get. Ones who have a life, aren't' desperate for male attention, have hobbies, and are looking for someone who adds to their lives (and the other way around).
And check this out: FAQ
Moderator: Relationships Forum / Hawaii Forum / Dogs / Pets / Current Events

Old 02-17-2017, 10:05 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by 49ersfan27 View Post
Disagree respectfully. I am 100% honest with my intentions each time and do no game playing and I expect the same from the woman I choose to get involved with. If she wants to be immature and mess with my head I'll cut her off. No exceptions.
+1.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hackopotamus View Post
You must be young. But even young guys don't like the chase. They do it because they are young and desperate and don't know any better!

Older guys don't have time for that BS nor do they want to be with someone that "plays games".
Yes, this. The majority of the dudes that behaved this way, back when I was dating, were younger. Certainly not all, but definitely more compared to older men. I wasn't interested in dating younger men for a multitude of reasons. The men I typically dated, 34-45, weren't into these games. They were upfront and honest and expected the same. They had no time, energy or patience for games.

Old 02-17-2017, 10:38 AM

14 posts, read 7,949 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by GKelly View Post
I agree. Don't listen to the whole "I don't play games" BS. Everybody plays games, even in nonromantic situations. It's a terrible idea to give a guy what he wants immediately because he'll dump you faster more times than not. Or if he hangs around he'll only see you as booty. Guys like the chase and like girls who are hard to get. Not saying all guys are like this but it's easier to gauge them out if you play hard to get, or more like playing it cool.
Hmm, this is interesting. So playing it cool makes the guy chase you even after sex?

Old 02-17-2017, 10:45 AM

4,039 posts, read 3,782,841 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Metaphysique View Post
+1.

Yes, this. The majority of the dudes that behaved this way, back when I was dating, were younger. Certainly not all, but definitely more compared to older men. I wasn't interested in dating younger men for a multitude of reasons. The men I typically dated, 34-45, weren't into these games. They were upfront and honest and expected the same. They had no time, energy or patience for games.
If guys don't like the chase then women shouldn't be criticized and disrespected for being "easy". Sadly I hear women getting called that all the time if we give it up too quickly.

Old 02-17-2017, 10:47 AM

4,039 posts, read 3,782,841 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BusyBeeee View Post
Hmm, this is interesting. So playing it cool makes the guy chase you even after sex?
I never said that. I don't know what a guy will do after sex and sometimes neither does the guy. I have heard of situations where the guy just knew he wasn't going to see a girl again after the fact that they've had sex.

Old 02-17-2017, 10:49 AM

15,675 posts, read 11,545,599 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BusyBeeee View Post
Im not sure about playing it cool but it definitely would be wrong to assume that the bloke won't be as interested after sex just put it that way

Sex is just one part of dating don't forget

Old 02-17-2017, 11:15 AM

3,137 posts, read 2,713,533 times
What do you consider playing hard to get?

A person setting boundaries is not playing hard to get. She may just be trying to protect herself.

I personally, would never go out with someone at the last minute. I needed at least a few days notice for a date. So just because someone can't snap their fingers and make me do something, doesn't mean I'm playing any game.

Also, a woman refusing to have sex on the first date is not playing hard to get. She is being smart and wanting to get to know someone better. There are many social diseases out there, these days. She may want to get to know someone first.

Old 02-17-2017, 11:22 AM

4,523 posts, read 3,412,083 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by GKelly View Post
I agree. Don't listen to the whole "I don't play games" BS. Everybody plays games, even in nonromantic situations. It's a terrible idea to give a guy what he wants immediately because he'll dump you faster more times than not. Or if he hangs around he'll only see you as booty. Guys like the chase and like girls who are hard to get. Not saying all guys are like this but it's easier to gauge them out if you play hard to get, or more like playing it cool.
Yeah, because all of us think exactly the same

I'd move on if a woman deliberately played hard to get. Ain't got time for that..

That being said, I don't mind the chase, TO AN EXTENT. If a woman constantly overdoes it, then I'm just going to move on to a woman that doesn't play these childish games.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships