Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-25-2017, 04:58 PM

3,763 posts, read 6,706,969 times

Advertisements

I am curious as to peoples thoughts on this matter. I ask that we keep this professional and no dirty talk. What am I looking for is, if your SO came to you and said they want to be a stripper, aka adult dancer, what would you do and/or say? Assuming you're in a stable relationship and you have been together for a good amount of time.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-25-2017, 05:06 PM

708 posts, read 577,059 times
I would tell him to go for it. If my hubby can make some money swinging his beer belly around a stripper poll at 62, I would tell him to go for it! But that's just me. 😊

Old 02-25-2017, 05:12 PM

2,113 posts, read 2,405,045 times
I am not sure that I would like that too much. I have never been to a male revue, but I've heard that the women are worse than the men when it comes to trying to touch the dancers.

Old 02-25-2017, 05:20 PM

15,675 posts, read 11,518,441 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mattywo85 View Post
I am curious as to peoples thoughts on this matter. I ask that we keep this professional and no dirty talk. What am I looking for is, if your SO came to you and said they want to be a stripper, aka adult dancer, what would you do and/or say? Assuming you're in a stable relationship and you have been together for a good amount of time.
It would depend on her reason why, I wouldn't be over the moon about it naturally but ultimately it's her choice

I've know a couple of strippers in the past so know she would be quite safe and would earn a fortune.

Old 02-25-2017, 05:23 PM

14,229 posts, read 30,019,975 times
I know a retired stripper. She enjoyed it. She worked for 12 years and she could afford to retire. She worked mostly on the east coast. You have to do the best you can with what you have. Someone blessed with above average intellect might choose to be a physicist or a mathematician. Good for them! Someone blessed with a perfect body might choose to be a model or a stripper. Good for them too.

My acquaintance was a stripper, not a hooker. That was her choice but she could have done both if she had wanted to. Taking off your clothes for money doesn't necessarily mean you engage in sexual activity for money. 2 different things. More than a few attractive young people have stripped their way through school. And gone on to do other things.

One thing for sure, it's a career opportunity you have to take when you are young. Age will always destroy beauty over time. Strippers usually age well because they have to take care of their best asset. Their appearance. And dancing is physical work. They are usually in great shape.

It wouldn't bother me. Nothing wrong with doing what will make the most money in the shortest period of time. I would want to know what my SO planned on doing next. Is the stripping a means to an end all by itself or just a stepping stone to something else, like education? I would hope she/he had a plan! The day would come when stripping was no longer an option!

Old 02-25-2017, 05:36 PM

27,957 posts, read 39,758,001 times
I'd get paid to put clothes back on.

Old 02-25-2017, 05:45 PM

15,070 posts, read 10,089,802 times
My previous LTR GF didn't ask... she was already a dancer by the time we met.

The experience varies widely from club to club... locale to locale.... there were some days that she did seem to enjoy what she was doing. Other times... not so much.

I trusted her to do what is best for herself and us at the time. I had really nothing to say about it... didn't bother me..

If my current wife (very different from previous GF personality wise) asked, I again wouldn't have much personal objection to it. However, knowing my wife, that's not the type of environment she would thrive in... it would probably be a bit stressful for her. I would probably tell her how things really are in a strip club and ask her to really think if that's what she wants for herself. She's been with a circle of my friends at such a club... many years ago... it took a great deal for her to get comfortable.

Last edited by usayit; 02-25-2017 at 05:54 PM..

Old 02-25-2017, 06:02 PM

12,585 posts, read 16,943,603 times
Is this really a legit question?

I mean, come on! If she was hot enough to be a successful stripper would she really be with me? Come on!

Old 02-25-2017, 06:11 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by funymann View Post
Is this really a legit question?

I mean, come on! If she was hot enough to be a successful stripper would she really be with me? Come on!
Well of course she would mate!........ Hot strippers will always need drivers to drive them about

Old 02-25-2017, 06:12 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by usayit View Post
My previous LTR GF didn't ask... she was already a dancer by the time we met.

The experience varies widely from club to club... locale to locale.... there were some days that she did seem to enjoy what she was doing. Other times... not so much.

I trusted her to do what is best for herself and us at the time. I had really nothing to say about it... didn't bother me..

If my current wife (very different from previous GF personality wise) asked, I again wouldn't have much personal objection to it. However, knowing my wife, that's not the type of environment she would thrive in... it would probably be a bit stressful for her. I would probably tell her how things really are in a strip club and ask her to really think if that's what she wants for herself. She's been with a circle of my friends at such a club... many years ago... it took a great deal for her to get comfortable.
Great way to look and go about it mate
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships