Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-06-2017, 11:23 AM

971 posts, read 689,149 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by notinpa View Post
Well thx for all the experiences! We had set out Monday , with the moderator , and in 2 weeks it's signed . I will let you know at that point what it all is . Once it's in stone .

I'm in no way able to date now , it was just a question really. I'm busy from dusk till dawn. I'm sooooooo tired . Full time work , homework , dinner , laundry , housework . I'm still adjusting , but I'm getting decent . Kids 6,11,14 , this is no joke , it's alot!

I'm way better now than before , but I know I'm still hurting . Her mom and my brother in law got my back and have been mentally supporting me . That helps a lot . I just don't see how she can drive down our driveway and look at this house ( that i have been building , 80% done) her car , and be fine ? She is out at the bars all night , posting on Facebook . Can't you miss if not me , your kids ? She takes them for 3 hours , with her BF , who she just ran two 3 weeks ago that I had no idea about ...I bath them , shower them , care for them . What she is doing is not being a parent .

Tbh , I don't think I ever want a relationship . It's been my theory all my life . There is not a person in this world that won't fucck you over . Some just need better reasons than others . Her affair had been going on for a long time . Tbh , I think she has had them for 20 years . I get the sex part , who dosnt , it's the stealing and lieing I can't get over .

I'm just sick , and every night I fall asleep , but wake at strange hours and can't stop the rewind button in my head . So then I'm even more tired . It's a very odd situation to be in right now . I know I'll be better off in the end , but this part sux . So yea bitching on the Internet helps
Much like yours, my ex wife walked out and started a whole new life with her bf. Lost all her friends but one, because the bf was a womans husband she worked with and the friends were pissed. Her parents disowned her and she is not allowed on their property. Lost her job because of a workplace affair as well as the bf. Ended up homeless, jobless, friendless and living on a rent by the week mom and pop motel, broke. They eventually found much lesser paying jobs in another state because they were unemployable in their field where we lived because of being fired for a workplace affair. They live in a crappy little trailer and have one old car.

She posts on social media how wonderful her life is and how great everything is. Her old friends laugh about it and make fun of her and her own parents still are at odds with her. It is one of those things you will never understand and the quicker you quit trying to figure out why, the better off you will be. You will start to sleep all night too. It just takes a while.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-06-2017, 12:27 PM

20,764 posts, read 19,972,298 times
Quote:
Well thx for all the experiences! We had set out Monday , with the moderator , and in 2 weeks it's signed . I will let you know at that point what it all is . Once it's in stone .

I'm in no way able to date now , it was just a question really. I'm busy from dusk till dawn. I'm sooooooo tired . Full time work , homework , dinner , laundry , housework . I'm still adjusting , but I'm getting decent . Kids 6,11,14 , this is no joke , it's alot!

I'm way better now than before , but I know I'm still hurting . Her mom and my brother in law got my back and have been mentally supporting me . That helps a lot . I just don't see how she can drive down our driveway and look at this house ( that i have been building , 80% done) her car , and be fine ? She is out at the bars all night , posting on Facebook . Can't you miss if not me , your kids ? She takes them for 3 hours , with her BF , who she just ran two 3 weeks ago that I had no idea about ...I bath them , shower them , care for them . What she is doing is not being a parent .

Tbh , I don't think I ever want a relationship . It's been my theory all my life . There is not a person in this world that won't fucck you over . Some just need better reasons than others . Her affair had been going on for a long time . Tbh , I think she has had them for 20 years . I get the sex part , who dosnt , it's the stealing and lieing I can't get over .

I'm just sick , and every night I fall asleep , but wake at strange hours and can't stop the rewind button in my head . So then I'm even more tired . It's a very odd situation to be in right now . I know I'll be better off in the end , but this part sux . So yea bitching on the Internet helps
I am sorry. Get it all out here.

But I think it is good that you are super busy. Focus on your children and take the time for healing.

A good thing - This the worst part. From now on it will only get better.

Old 04-06-2017, 06:17 PM

14,078 posts, read 16,611,637 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by the minx View Post
Why is 40 seen as the age at which people think life as they know it is over? It seems like a great age to me. Not too young, definitely not old.

There are plenty of 40 somethings out there looking for love.
Seems old to me and I'm turning 36 this year. I don't think 40 is too old to find love or anything, but I just don't enjoy aging.

Old 04-06-2017, 06:25 PM

128 posts, read 183,172 times
I met a recently divorced man who is 40, was with his ex wife for 20 yrs, has a 20 yr old kid with her. We dated for the past 6 months. I'm 30. Met at the bar. Sadly it's not working out but hey, it was a great connection while it lasted.

There's always hope.

Old 04-06-2017, 08:45 PM

9,446 posts, read 6,578,668 times
At 40, it will be mostly divorcees with kids.

Old 04-09-2017, 03:02 PM

5,353 posts, read 5,792,740 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bearsdad View Post
I was in the same boat as you, only at 50. The first couple months were terrible, but once I got into a new home and got settled in, it started to get better. At your age, you will have luck with women from 25 to 55 or more. I had a lot of fun with the mid twenties women while I was getting over being hurt. Then when I went looking for a relationship, I went for late thirties, early forties.

It's not easy, I am not going to lie. OLD sucked for me, I had better luck by accident. I ended up in a relationship for a couple years with what I thought was my dream girl, until I realized I had a bipolar control freak with a set of rules to live by like nobody else I ever met. I decided it was better to be single than put up with a bunch of ridiculous BS.

You will be fine. Take your time and don't settle for someone who you aren't compatible with just because you don't want to be alone. Alone is better than attached and miserable.
Great advice! I can totally relate. I was 40 when I got divorced. Nearly 50 now and accepting I'll likely be alone. OLD is absolutely awful. I can't take the BS and at this point will just pan to do things alone indefinitely, such as travel, for example.

Old 04-09-2017, 05:10 PM

69 posts, read 41,986 times
Quote:
So , I'm going to be 40 . My wife of being together 20yrs left me for her new love . Left me , left our 3 kids , left her mom , sister , dad . Yea yea , poor me . But what I'm asking is , how many people have found someone in this situation , to be with . Been trying to focus on the kids right now , not even ready to look , maybe in a year , if ever . But it seems when I take them places , at my age , it's all familes with thier own intact situations .

Been a while since I've been looking . But just seems at 40 everyone is going to be taken . I'm sure I can't be the only guy in this spot . Just looking for experience .
I'm sorry about your situation. It's certainly true that at 40 or so a lot of people are taken. Have you considered any alternatives?

Old 04-09-2017, 06:50 PM

42,763 posts, read 52,860,632 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Harpaint View Post
Actually not true.

Old 04-09-2017, 08:13 PM

5,353 posts, read 5,792,740 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Raena77 View Post
Actually not true.
Yes, it is true.

Old 04-09-2017, 10:04 PM

37,409 posts, read 53,576,256 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Harpaint View Post
But not all.

My husband and I met when I was 35 and he was 40, and neither of us had been married, neither of us had kids, and both of us wanted both. We were each thrilled to meet a like-minded person.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships