Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 01-21-2009, 06:20 PM

29,391 posts, read 55,399,350 times

Advertisements

Can't Buy Me Love This Valentine's Day? Don't Worry - OkCupid.com is the Free Way to Finding Love in This Heartbroken Economy.

NEW YORK, Jan. 21 /PRNewswire/ -- No date? No Money? Still no need to be alone this Valentine's Day. OkCupid.com, the nation's largest FREE dating website, had a record jump in membership this past January showing that singles are looking to meet others online and not spend up to $1,000 a year with other subscription-based sites.

Can't Buy Me Love This Valentine's Day? Don't Worry - OkCupid.com is the Free Way to Finding Love in This Heartbroken Economy
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-22-2009, 06:12 AM

1,300 posts, read 2,565,917 times
Tch. Oh no they're not!

I've been there a few months ago (from answering a HelloQuizzy.com question who is from a dude who made a question in Ok.Cupid.com) and to me, it's not a good site becaussssee....:

#1 after you make your profile, they pick out random people for you to give stars based on appearance and "personality."

#2 You get a message from the site telling you that "you got an admirer"(or something like that) and the ONLY way for you to find out is you have to rate ALMOST HUNDREDS of "profiles!" I had to send a message to the administrator to "stop B.S-ing me and show me who is the guy who rated me ALL 5 stars" to find out!

And the disturbing thing was, I was rating the guys who saw my profile (out of intuion and careful reading, intuition, because some of them didn't post a picture or post a crappy one and not or ANY info) and there is a profile picture of girls with s***n around their mouth! And I FLAGED it!

Guess what?

They ASKED me why I did on the caption box and I typed, "are you STUPID? Look at it!"
The next day, that SAME profile came up A-GAIN! Oh..my..God! I felt bad already at that time because I have to judge seemingly nice guys by giving them appeareance "stars!"

And for the record, I've already deactivate my account.

Old 09-24-2009, 10:56 AM

72,797 posts, read 62,114,553 times
I gave it a try. It doesn't work very well. I message a person I'm interested in and I never get a response back.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships