Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-15-2017, 09:24 PM

5,324 posts, read 6,103,926 times

Advertisements

I think he's overselling his wife..she's very average imo

I think a lot of people feel this way..I've heard women on here say as well that they'd rather not date a really hot guy because it would make them feel insecure.

I agree that it's odd he'd say this in an article and in front of his wife. Some people are socially retarded or have no filter
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-16-2017, 05:27 AM

12,391 posts, read 8,161,837 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Murk View Post
Amazing world we live in where "Guy figures out there are things besides looks to consider when choosing a mate" becomes news.

Good grief.

Socially we are supposed to pretend that everything about our mate is the best ever in public. Although privately the couple can be honest and tell each other the sum of all parts was good enough

Old 04-16-2017, 05:54 AM

129 posts, read 110,423 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by JBT1980 View Post
I think he's overselling his wife..she's very average imo
If we're going to be outright judging and rating, I think she's attractive, but not in a stand-out-of-the-crowd way. For what it's worth, I think they make a perfect match. He's not some crazy-hot stud either. He's also moderately attractive and looks like he takes care of himself. Great. His wife is the same. Great. Hurray.

Old 04-16-2017, 09:07 AM

2,234 posts, read 2,407,216 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by emeraldmist View Post
If we're going to be outright judging and rating, I think she's attractive, but not in a stand-out-of-the-crowd way. For what it's worth, I think they make a perfect match. He's not some crazy-hot stud either. He's also moderately attractive and looks like he takes care of himself. Great. His wife is the same. Great. Hurray.
I actually find the guy very attractive, but he just seems like an *ss. The wife is attractive, but there's nothing that remarkable about her....and I think she looks quite older than 31..

Old 04-16-2017, 09:14 AM

15,675 posts, read 11,533,575 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by kgordeeva View Post
I actually find the guy very attractive, but he just seems like an *ss. The wife is attractive, but there's nothing that remarkable about her....and I think she looks quite older than 31..
( Spills tea on lap! ) what!!!.. she's 31?!

Oh my she's had a hard life! I would have swore more like 41

Old 04-16-2017, 09:26 AM

9,301 posts, read 8,352,087 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Taiko View Post

Socially we are supposed to pretend that everything about our mate is the best ever in public. Although privately the couple can be honest and tell each other the sum of all parts was good enough
Interestingly enough, every woman I was with became the "best ever" in my eyes.

Old 04-16-2017, 09:28 AM

9,301 posts, read 8,352,087 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Londoncowboy30 View Post
( Spills tea on lap! ) what!!!.. she's 31?!

Oh my she's had a hard life! I would have swore more like 41
I don't know. I know a woman who has lived a brutal and barbaric life, she's almost 50, but doesn't look a day over 30

Old 04-16-2017, 10:42 AM

I didn't catch that she was just 31 either. I thought she was older than me by several years, and here I am, older than she is. Odd.

Old 04-16-2017, 11:22 AM

3,503 posts, read 7,502,834 times
Quote:
I read this article the other day and was just waiting someone to create a post about it.. haha. I thought it was pretty shallow and offensive.... Not all 'hot' women are vapid and have nothing to say... And what's considered hot nowadays anyway? It can be very subjective.. I also though it was kind of rude for him to describe his current girlfriend as merely beautiful. I would have been offended if I was her... It's like he's saying he's had hotter before but settled for her because of her personality's.
Hang around here more often. Or don't. It might be better that way. You'd get the idea that this is indeed the case when the women toss in their $0.02 IRT the younger and subjectively hotter crowd. Women are their own worst enemies in that sense.

Old 04-16-2017, 12:00 PM

Quote:
I actually find the guy very attractive, but he just seems like an *ss.
Would he stand out at you in a crowd, though? Without knowing anything about his personality? Enough so that if you were a twenty-something model, you would gravitate to him? His comments about how he could have any woman he'd wanted, well, imo either he was a bit more of a catch in his prime, or he had other attractive qualities that were not based on looks, or else he did a lot of justifying that he "didn't want this one anyway" if she rejected him...

I'm absolutely sure he's someone's type, even many people's type. Personally I don't see it. But I believe others do.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships