Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-18-2017, 10:24 PM

27 posts, read 15,795 times

Advertisements

Hi all,

I posted here last month and have an update to my story. I'm pretty gutted and could do with some advice.

I'm a gay male and my boyfriend of 6 months is bisexual. He had recently left his long-term girlfriend when we got together.

In my previous thread, I was concerned about some messages between my BF and his ex. All the advice on here was very much appreciated. Sadly I've still had insecurities and tonight I've looked at his phone while he was sleeping. (He has a passcode but I watched him enter it to find out what it was).

My gut instincts were correct as there were many more messages between him and the ex. Just the other day he texted her saying he knows he wants them to be together but the fact he ended it and found someone else so quickly is something he could never forgive himself for, and that is the reason things are the way they are. She didn't say much, she just said she wants him to be happy. He told her he's happy with me but it wasn't that simple.

I don't know how I was able to keep it all in without telling him that I saw them. I just walked home and made up some excuse that I had a migraine, and now I'm posting on here... he's texting asking if I'm okay and I don't know how much longer I can hold it in.

At least he didnt tell her he was miserable with me, that's something I guess. But he said he wants to be with her... I just... what am I meant to think after seeing that? Some advice would be appreciated. I don't know what to do. I love this man.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-18-2017, 10:39 PM

35,094 posts, read 51,273,394 times
Generally when one goes snooping to find something they should not be surprised when they find it.
You do not trust this man so you have walked away, stay away, no contact and move on.

Old 03-18-2017, 11:03 PM

540 posts, read 363,158 times
Can't keep someone that doesn't want to be kept.
Let him have his way.....

No Contact and move on

Painful but absolutely necessary

Old 03-18-2017, 11:18 PM

1,278 posts, read 1,116,401 times
I'm really sorry this is happening to you. I'm not sure that I could continue in a relationship with someone like that. I don't think that I would feel the same way about the person after seeing that.

Old 03-18-2017, 11:28 PM

16,960 posts, read 17,354,326 times
If you don't like whats happening in your relationship, say something to your partner and figure out a solution.

Its that simple, Yo.

Old 03-19-2017, 09:06 AM

6,564 posts, read 8,402,207 times
OP, you are in a relationship with a person you don't trust, who is not exactly truthful about his feelings, who would probably drop you in a hot minute if she would take him back, who is still in love with his ex. Are you really satisfied with someone who's "at least not miserable" with you?

I suspect you won't do it, but before you get even more invested you should break up with him. Don't just disappear though. Let him know why you're doing it.

Old 03-19-2017, 09:40 AM

49,927 posts, read 59,984,705 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by HokieFan View Post
OP, you are in a relationship with a person you don't trust, who is not exactly truthful about his feelings, who would probably drop you in a hot minute if she would take him back, who is still in love with his ex. Are you really satisfied with someone who's "at least not miserable" with you?

I suspect you won't do it, but before you get even more invested you should break up with him. Don't just disappear though. Let him know why you're doing it.
Yep.

Old 03-19-2017, 09:42 AM

8,923 posts, read 7,727,352 times
You need to figure this out on your own. All we can tell you; is to stop snooping, say something to him, or leave. All this sneaking around and keeping secrets is no way to conduct a proper relationship. Otherwise, it's essentially over.

Old 03-19-2017, 10:42 AM

23,593 posts, read 37,495,600 times
I'd have one word for him, "seeyalaterbye!" Then I wouldn't.

Old 03-20-2017, 10:51 AM

27 posts, read 15,795 times
You're right that have trust issues and need to stop snooping. I'm going to try as hard as I can to overcome it.

Now I've calmed down I feel a little better. I'm holding on to the fact that "he's happy with me" and think that's a good sign and does make me feel better. I'm not sure what he meant by "but it isn't that simple" after he told her he's happy with me as it's a very vague and confusing statement...

Hokie, you think he might still be in love with her. Obviously if he is that's a deal breaker for me, but the fact he wasn't exactly fighting for her to trying to convince her he'd do everything to make it up to her, it makes me think that no he can't be in love with her?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships